DCS: A-10C Warthog HOTAS simulation capability

sungsam

I dont think broke ass students are TM's target audience somehow :)

I fall into both categories. :) It's all a matter of priorities, and making it out alive of the girlfriends rage ;)

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Guys, you have your tactics all wrong. You simply defer the ‘woman rage’ by getting her something shiny/glittery, (or encoraging her to get a new bag / shoes), to act as a counterbalance.

Also, just swap out your HOTAS and don’t tell her. Will she notice your new man toy? Not if you don’t make a big fuss and hide the box.

This will all fall apart though if you run around the house with your boxer shorts on your heads with your arms outstretched going “bbbrbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr na na na na na “, when the postman delivers your new HOTAS.

In the words of Gandalf, “keep it secret, keep it safe”.

Just think though. Out of the box compatibility between HOTAS and DCS: A-10. Symbiosis of game and controller.

Sort of like a grown up Nintendo Wii, (with bombs and no pokemon)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

In that case go into a ‘parallel diversion strategy’. When she buys a new top / bag and asks your opinion, you say, "that looks amazing darling, but i think you might need to accessorise with some new shoes or something to go with it". She will immediately confirm this, (as secretly, she was thinking the same), and use your confirmation as an excuse to buy a whole co-ordinated outfit.

Then.

Amazon àTM HOTASà job done!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Just to get things back on topic here, (admonishes self), I wonder hot ED are going to handle comms in the new game and how we are going to therefore handle it on the HOTAS.

I don’t know about you guys, but I devoted a whole 4 x way throttle hat in BS & FC to comms, (ATC, tanker, wingmen management), as doing this on the keyboard whilst in the heat of battle was not practical at all as well as very immersion breaking.

If ED/TM say, “that’s your radio tuner hat”, or some such, I am still going to have to say, “mmm no, that’s going to be my wingman comms hat. I think that there possibly no way round that as TM and ED are appreciably set on maximum realism on the avionics and interface fidelity and IRL there are no comms macros you press to ask for wingman cover.

Even 1st person shooters have never nailed squad management, (arma2’s layered menus anyone?), and maybe voice activated comms maybe the answer (as trackIR, etc was the eventual answer to view movement). Shouting at a computer on purpose though……….might have repercussuions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]