When are we going to have proper night lights ?

Goa

hi all,

I am wondering and would like to take this opportunity to ask ED when are you guys going to fix the night lightning system in the current 2.5 envirment expecially in caucaus map.

Little effort has been made in the persianl gulf map even tough honestly it's not been entirely fixed, and concerning caucasus not a single world has been spent to the lightning, currently flying at night is completley impossible, it's pitch dark.

I think night combat enviroment is very cool but at its current stage there is no way to play during night, not even the taxi light can properly illuminate ahead of plane's nose.

So we are all force to play only during daytime, in 1.5 it was much much better.

Just my 2 cents.

Just out of curiosity: as ED has clearly stated that ATFLIR overhaul is underway, is it in some way related also to night lighintg system?Should we expect anything soon, or is it at least planned in the future??

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Well, I would not call it a solution, but simply choose a night with full moon and clear skys. You can leave you flashlight in the pocket.

Dates can be found using google.

Just give it a try.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

ex81 is right: The state of the moon is very important to the night lighting, so choose a date where the moon is full and a clear sky and it should be pretty bright.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Throwing in with the others : if it's pitch black make sure the moon is actually out. Not hard to do. Protip : no moon, away from city, it's pitch black in-RL, too, something about 'no light source makes things dark' or some such.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I also have to support using dates to modify the Moon's position as a work around. As it turns out I had the opposite problem. I find DCS's nights way to bright, so I try to avoid the Moon being up in my night missions.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Throwing in with the others : if it's pitch black make sure the moon is actually out. Not hard to do. Protip : no moon, away from city, it's pitch black in-RL, too, something about 'no light source makes things dark' or some such.

That's not the problem that has been in dire need of fixing for the last year and a half, though. Rather, the problem is that the light sources don't actually work. It does not fix the issue in the title or on the OP: that we don't have proper night lights; that taxi lights do next to nothing; that nothing that should be illuminated by the ample lights in built-up areas and around airports is lit up and highly visible — especially on moonless nights.

In fact, the exact opposite tip should be a thing: only fly when there is no moon because the light sources will be that much more obvious, but that's not what happens. So counter-protip: light sources should make things not-dark…

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

@ EXORCET

Just give the scenere a few clouds if you think it`s to bright.

Of course the lightproblem should be fixed (soon).

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Well ED? C'mon man, step up and comment on these issues. Tell us you are ACTUALLY working on them. Somebody there has to care....right? This isn't like some single plane specific and some tough to figure out internal system. This is freakin environmental night lighting, and obviously nav lights and every other lights used at night that do not in any way behave like they should and that affects EVERY module in this title and every single one that will be introduced to it going forward.

Don't you think these issues deserve and warrant some dev time to address? Has anyone at ED even tried flying at night?

Agree that the current state of night lighting is crap. It's pretty binary, moon on is bright as day almost and moon off is pitch black. I'll do you one better, set full moon, and time to an hour before sunrise, speed up time and watch as the lights go out completely as the game starts the sunrise sequence. I thought I was going crazy the first time I tried to hit a tanker just before sunrise and I couldn't see him at precontact position.

md9xw2fi1z311.jpg

Edited by ScopeDope