AI friendly fire?

Knock-Knock

Is that something new, AI friendly fire? Ive never experienced it before, but last night, I was on the receiving end.

Was a WWII custom mission, using Moose's CAP functionality (AI skill level random), so maybe its due to that, but I was chasing a Spitfire and had noticed 2 friendlies (CAP) was closing in. Suddenly I saw green tracers around my canopy, and wondered if the AI was shooting over my shoulder. I kept seing tracers, even with no Spitfire in the line of fire, and when I turn around, I can see a 109 glued to me. I try and evade, but it stays there and keeps shooting. I was flying in VR, so had a hard time making a proper visual ID, but I was quite sure it was a 109 on my arse.

So I check the track file, but that was a strange copy of what happened. The debriefing shows that it was friendly fire though, and here this morning, I remember that I have Tacview (I use it too little), so I check that, and sure enough.

I find that quite cool though, if that is the case, that the AI can friendly fire from time to time. Maybe linked to their skill level, so the lower their skill, the higher the chance of it happening.

Or maybe it was just a fluke, a bug, a script thing. Either way, first time I encounter this, and I was confused as hell :smilewink:

967124727_AIfriendlyfire.jpg.0de4fc54e80baef48ba104d3c2125067.jpg

702187551_ailethalblow.jpg.8c95920d3dff274c91273367d3eb1f33.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |