Briefing is 30 minutes earlier - 1830 zulu

Hosting Server: 104th Phoenix

IP: 208.94.240.34

SRS: 208.94.240.34

Teamspeak 3 IP: ts50.gameservers.com:9132

Teamspeak 3 Password: phoenix

Mission (2 hours duration):

1- 16 Red Players vs 16 Blue Players.

2- Each coalition has one FARP, protected by IR-SAM's and AAA's.

3- Red FARP has 4 helipads: 8 slots for Mi-8. 8 slots for Ka-50.

4- Blue FARP has 5 helipads: 8 slots for UH-1. 6 slots for Gazelle Mistral. 4 slots for Gazelle M. 2 slots for Gazelle L. (Instead of the Gazelle Minigun, 2 Mistrals were added).

5- The two FARP's are separated by a distance of 60 km (37 miles).

6- The bullseye marks for each coalition the target area, at which enemy ground units can be found.

7- Waypoint 1 for all helicopters is the bullseye (TA - enemy ground units). The units are infantries and light APC's only. No MANPAD's. No AAA's.

8- Waypoint 2 is 7 km (4,3 miles) away from waypoint 1 and marks the friendly ground units, which you should provide "CAP" for.

9- Red FARP and Red ground units are marked by a red smoke. Same thing goes for Blue.

10- SRS is mandatory!

qZKakSc.jpg

Notes:

1- Each player has unlimited lives. However, each loss costs your coalition 15 points.

2- To declare the winner, at the end of the mission (after 2 hours) the points on the score board for all the aerial and ground kills for each coalition will be added together. The losses will be multiplied by 15 and the sum of that will be subtracted from the scored points for successful kills.

3- Each player can sign up himself only. Example: Alpenwolf - Ka-50.

4- If you are a Gazelle pilot, then you can sign up a co-pilot. The co-pilot will have to fly with you the whole time. Remember, a total of 16 players per coalition. If you and your co-pilot are caught in separate modules, then both of you will be kicked out.

5- For signing up as a Gazelle pilot, use the following format: Alpenwolf + Maverick - Gazelle OR Alpenwolf - Gazelle.

This tournament for helicopters only, will be marking its debut on the 18th of August. Your feedback right after the event will help us determine, whether we should design more missions for this kind of tournaments or just leave it be.

HAVE FUN!!!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

RED:

1- =RvE=MicroVAX - Ka-50

2- =RvE=DackSter94 - Ka-50

3- TurboRUSH - Ka-50

4- <51>Frostie - Ka-50

5- =DW=Wizard_VVS - Ka-50

6- SF_Bushmanni - Ka-50

7- SF_Farrago - Ka-50

8- SF_Razer - Ka-50

9- pepsi man - Mi-8

10- VS33 Stormdrane - Mi-8

11- Tricker - Mi-8

12- -= IRIAF =- 1Pressure - Mi-8

13- Alpenwolf - Mi-8

14-

15-

16-

------------------------------------------

BLUE:

1- Turtlelover - Gazelle

2- 104th_Tiger - Gazelle

3- OnlyBone - Gazelle

4- Octuplefire - Gazelle

5- GOA_Kaliman - Gazelle

6- NaCH - Gazelle

7- Blade1-1|DocWilly - Gazelle

8-

9- FSXKevlar - UH-1

10- c@sper - UH-1

11- ECV-56 LV-PDD - UH-1

12- ECV56_Largo - UH-1

13- ECV56_AGRESOR - UH-1

14- F99th-HerraMisi - UH-1

15- ECV56_POPA - UH-1

16- Tricker - UH-1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results:

lbJiEkk.png

Final Score:

Blue Wins!!!

Blue: 517 points

Red: 176 points

Look up the main post, under notes to understand how the final score was determined.

Thanks for flying and thank you M0ltar for streaming!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Do the transport choppers have any opportunities/reasons to transport something during the match? Couldn't find any mention in the rules. If you get one point from killing a ground unit but lose 15 points from losing a chopper, the match is going to be decided mostly by a2a kills. In this case flying transport choppers would be counterproductive as they are much likely to lose 15 points than to make the enemy do the same. I might have understood the rules incorrectly so is my interpretion correct?

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Do the transport choppers have any opportunities/reasons to transport something during the match? Couldn't find any mention in the rules. If you get one point from killing a ground unit but lose 15 points from losing a chopper, the match is going to be decided mostly by a2a kills. In this case flying transport choppers would be counterproductive as they are much likely to lose 15 points than to make the enemy do the same. I might have understood the rules incorrectly so is my interpretion correct?

Very good point! You didn't misunderstand anything.

... and killing an APC gives you 5 points at most, I think, wich is also risky to do.

So here's a quick change:

For killing aerial and ground units each player gets automatically generated points from the game itself shown on the score board. That we know. NOW, in addition to that, the number of ground kills will be multiplied by 5 and added to the player's final score.

Example:

Say you kill 3 enemy helicopters (20 x 3 = 60 points), 10 infantries (1 x 10 = 10 points) and 4 APC's (5 x 4 = 20 points). Your score would be 90 points. You have a total of 14 ground kills. In order to encourage Mi-8 and UH-1 pilots to go strafing ground units, the number of ground kills will be multiplied by 5 and added to the score. 14 (ground kills) x 5 (bonus points) = 70 points. 90 + 70 = 160 points (FINAL SCORE).

Thanks for the hint. Hope this helps players flying the Mi-8 and the UH-1.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

;3588188']OooooooOOOOOOooooooooooHHHHhhhhh!!!

I'm getting excited already, this is going to be a good one :D

Hope so!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

this needs a transport objective.

have an LZ at each of the ground force zones for dropping off internal box loads and sling loads for bonus points. with internal boxes probably being the most dangerous as you have to land to drop them off.

then the hueys and mi-8 can transport while the ka 50 and gazelle try to kill each other in the bushes. or snipe from long range.

and after a transport has unloaded he can always have fun with the door gunners.

set the air temp low so the huey has a chance. and put in some wind. so hovering gazelle and ka50 cant snipe so easily.

then I might consider flying a transport :) I can see why the gunship pilots have jumped in though :) the 8 KA50 are going to have a bad effect on blue ground forces with 96 vikhirs :)

why we need a few landing transports to distract them :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

this needs a transport objective.

have an LZ at each of the ground force zones for dropping off internal box loads and sling loads for bonus points. with internal boxes probably being the most dangerous as you have to land to drop them off.

then the hueys and mi-8 can transport while the ka 50 and gazelle try to kill each other in the bushes. or snipe from long range.

and after a transport has unloaded he can always have fun with the door gunners.

set the air temp low so the huey has a chance. and put in some wind. so hovering gazelle and ka50 cant snipe so easily.

then I might consider flying a transport :) I can see why the gunship pilots have jumped in though :) the 8 KA50 are going to have a bad effect on blue ground forces with 96 vikhirs :)

why we need a few landing transports to distract them :)

I have a mission with transport objectives already. Ready to go. finished designing it yesterday. But this helicopters tournament is the first of its kind, which is why I didn't design a complex mission for the first time. If players love it, then no doubt round 2 will be just around the corner.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments