Sidearms Revisited

Shadow_1stVFW

I just wanted to add, that in the case of a warm start - there is NO volume for the AIM-9 or Sidearms, even though the AUX volume knob is all the way on. Clicking the volume control will turn the sound on.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Just been trying to use sidearm in BlueFlag. Some success, but still unreliable. Acknowledged the points above regarding switching out of air to ground and back in again....this used to work for me but now produces no change in acquisition tone. Volume resets to zero occasionally which seems to be linked to using the f10 menu..so you can only detect lock by the usual hap hazard behaviour of sidearm reticle. Also it will not lock consistently on even when waving at several radars that are launching at me...most frustrating of all is a lock, which seems to drop just as I launch the sidearm...missile seems then to fly harmlessly into ground. In all, a weapon system that is still nowhere near reliable enough for PvP. I spend far too long trying to sort the thing out with the end result of staying in one place far too long. Bit frustrated, but early access etc...

I bound weapons control panel #7 and used that to select the sidearm.

The sidearm selects, and locks on.

On launch attempt, the gun fires and the sidearm does not launch.

I also tried manually selecting SA via the STRS menu on the left MFCD with the mouse, and also by re-selecting #1 and #7 on the weapons station control panel. Same result in each instance.

Let me know if anything I am doing in this sequence is incorrect. If not, this is still completely broken.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I also tried manually selecting SA via the STRS menu on the left MFCD with the mouse, and also by re-selecting #1 and #7 on the weapons station control panel. Same result in each instance.

Using the MFCD selecting the sidearm works ok now for me. I do have to press the button three times. This is from an in-flight start btw.

My experiences are all with hot starts.

It selects just fine, but will not launch.

ETA - I see now there is another thread discussing this. Multi page, and better to handle it there.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196692

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/