Cloud Production Localised

Badger633

I have noticed that cloud production seems to be very localised. I write quite a few missions. If the clouds are set to eight tenths, when playing the mission they are indeed there. However as soon as you move a reasonable distance away from the mission start point I am finding the clouds stop and there is clear sky's . If you look back to where you have been you can see the original clouds in the distance as if they were only produced in a radius around your start point.

Am I missing something. I would have expected the required cloud production to be generated for the whole world as you fly through it.

Is this an issue or am I missing something.

Thanks for any help

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I have noticed that cloud production seems to be very localised. I write quite a few missions. If the clouds are set to eight tenths, when playing the mission they are indeed there. However as soon as you move a reasonable distance away from the mission start point I am finding the clouds stop and there is clear sky's . If you look back to where you have been you can see the original clouds in the distance as if they were only produced in a radius around your start point.

Am I missing something. I would have expected the required cloud production to be generated for the whole world as you fly through it.

Is this an issue or am I missing something.

Thanks for any help

This issue has been in DCS forever and reported many times, hopefully when we get a new weather system this bug will be resolved.

Same experience, just with the difference that coming back won't make the clouds reappear there. So after all, missions with 100nm+ flight distances can easily be set to clear weather anytime, because the weather won't be taken over to the target area and on the route back home anyway.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...