1.5.5 - can't connect to any server

tovivan

Before I updated to 1.5.5, joining servers worked with 1.5.4. Now when I try to join, even though the server list successfully loads and I see plenty of servers, I can't connect to any of them, no matter which one I choose.

I get the loading screen for about 10-15 seconds, but the HDD light is off so the drive isn't loading anything, then it throws me back into server browser with pop-up message "Connection failed. Can't connect" It happsn both with no mods and with mods. I also just reinstalled the Albatross and Blackshark.

Anybody else have this problem with this update?

Single player thank god works and I'll be reinstalling 1.5.4 again to check it still works there.

EDIT: CONFIRMED. 1.5.5 is the culprit. Cause with 1.5.4 I can connect to the last remaining public server (104 dedicated) without any problem whatsoever.

Edited by tovivan

You'll always find there is a lag between updates hitting the world, and servers updating. It is all about ensuring there is a stable platform for online stuff.

Give it a week or so and they've usually caught up. RAF Air is usually in at the very start with updates, so you can always fly there when the server is public. We run both 2.0 and 1.5. Log in to our SRS service too.

I had thought of servers not being updated, but two things throw a doubt in my mind that that would be the cause.

1. these same servers don't show up when I run the game with the previous (1.5.4) patch, but they do in 1.5.5

2. servers like for example "Aerobatics Online", that has a disclaimer that it is running the latest 1.5.5 version ("Aerobatics Online Server - 1.5.5

Updated mission for current version."), don't work

I won't bother reinstalling the game cause that brings nothing, I'll just wait and see if the next patch maybe fixes the problem. It just annoys me that after getting back to flying after almost a year of break this game-breaking annoyance pops up and again I'm out of it, this time unwillingly. Sometimes I really wonder if this game is really worth all the problems.