Wrong aircraft modelled!!!

effte

Bet the title got the attention of the mods. :)

Anyway, ED need to refocus the development work from the P-51D ASAP. The easiest would probably be to upgrade a decade or two to the F-51D, but changing to a completely different aircraft could certainly be considered due to this catastrophic, earth-shattering major problem which I have discovered.

Why?

Very simple. Compare:

DCS:F-51D

Looks nice, dunnit? Now, this OTOH:

DCS:P-51D

Bloody ridiculous!

As with all opinions expressed in this forum, the world will undoubtedly end unless ED does exactly what I want. ;)

(Certainly a bigger issue than those of certain cheese-cravers.)

Have a good weekend, fellow DCS nuts! Cheers,

Fred

Edited by effte
  • Like 1

Everyone knows that its easier to get pilots to fly airplanes with the F designation. Thats why the USAF misnames all of their bombers: the F-117, F-111, F-2...

b2_6.jpg

U2, SR 71 aka Blackbird ...

( note the blackBird was initially called YU12 and should have been called RS 71 ( for recon and strike ) untill the president Johnson use the name of Strategic Recon ( SR71 )... and the name have been keeped then by Lockheed Martin.

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

Maybe some ones trying to tell us something. :music_whistling:

I think they have understand the problem with the code. But its stay the code are not there for nothing... F= fighter... B = Bomber I will have been interceptor ( if the Blackbird have been accepted as the first and only Interceptor from US, instead of becoming RS and then SR )

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

• 2 weeks later...

give it time you will learn to love the mustang :music_whistling: and if you shoot down a flanker your automatically upgraded to defense minister :thumbup:

• Like 1

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

Good, was trying to figure the point out.

I wouldn't do that too often around here. It will only muddle things even more.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: