Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 49 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #481
PB0_CEF

For MP Intel purpose I prepared 6 main targets Intel Pictures. Because I'm unable to put the good pictures each time a target is chosen by DCE I decided to put in briefing the 6 pictures for each mission.

I wrote this in "camp_triggers_init.lua" (I'm not a programmer )

--------- TARGETS INFORMATIONS ---------

["Intel"] = {
active = true,
condition = 'true',
action = {
[1] = 'Action.AddImage("Frontline.jpg")',
[2] = 'Action.AddImage("BeslanAirbaseIntel.jpg")',
[3] = 'Action.AddImage("NalchikAirbaseIntel.jpg")',
[4] = 'Action.AddImage("MineralnyeAirbaseIntel.jpg")',
[5] = 'Action.AddImage("MozdokAirbaseIntel.jpg")',
[6] = 'Action.AddImage("ElintStationIntel.jpg")',
},
},
It works but my problem is that the 6 pictures are added each time DCE tries to prepare a mission ... If DCE tries to prepare the mission 5 times it adds 30 Pictures in briefing
Is there a simple code to allow only the six pictures in the final mission (I tryed : "once = true" but the pictures are no more added after the first mission)
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #482
Cristofer

I think I´ve solved the problem with my error in ATO_Timing.lua

In my target list I had two strikes against artillery. When the min firepower value was set to 10, the error occured. When set to 20 as seen here, all went fine. Can someone (Mbot ) explain this. Alot of time, trial and error to find the source of the problem.

["Artillery Strike"] = {
task = "CAS",
priority = 2,
attributes = {"soft"},
firepower = {
min = 20,
max = 40,
},
class = "vehicle",
name = "ARTY",
},
["Strike MLRS"] = {
task = "CAS",
priority = 2,
attributes = {"soft"},
firepower = {
min = 20,
max = 40,
},
class = "vehicle",
name = "MLRS1",
},
Cristofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:39 AM   #483
PB0_CEF

Maybe One plane flight is not authorized by DCE...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #484
PB0_CEF

...at least for some kind of missions ...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #485
klem

MBot,

If I understand correctly, the targetlist_init.lua sets out both targets and stations or tasks for Capping, Intercept etc.

In targetlist_init.lua some Intercept tasks name a base and a radius (presumably an Intercept "zone") but other tasks have co-ordinates, a text description but no radius. Is there a default radius for these tasks or am I mis-understanding the purpose of radius?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 3.8GHz / 16Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / 2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb SC SLi/ 256Gb & 128Gb SSDs/ 750W PSU
Windows 10 Home / 3 off 27" @ 5760 x 1080 plus 27" @ 1920 x 1080 below / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro/ MFG Crosswind pedals / CH CM
klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #486
klem

Default Instructions

MBot,

having a poor memory I have to write stuff down. I've collected various comments of yours and added them into an Overview file (attached) plus my own findings.

I'm still building my draft WWII Campaign with some targets still to define and the camp_triggers still to do but I wonder if you could read through the attached and let me know if I have misunderstood anything. I expect I'll be adding some more info when I do the trigger lua.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Overview.txt (11.1 KB, 31 views)

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 3.8GHz / 16Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / 2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb SC SLi/ 256Gb & 128Gb SSDs/ 750W PSU
Windows 10 Home / 3 off 27" @ 5760 x 1080 plus 27" @ 1920 x 1080 below / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro/ MFG Crosswind pedals / CH CM
klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #487
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
MBot,

If I understand correctly, the targetlist_init.lua sets out both targets and stations or tasks for Capping, Intercept etc.

In targetlist_init.lua some Intercept tasks name a base and a radius (presumably an Intercept "zone") but other tasks have co-ordinates, a text description but no radius. Is there a default radius for these tasks or am I mis-understanding the purpose of radius?
Targets/objectives other than intercepts do not require radius, because they are specific (a specific target or a specific CAP station). Radius only applies to intercepts in the targetlist, because this indeed defines the zone around the airbase that stand-by intercept sorties are launched during the mission.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #488
Shadow.D.

Hello, apologies if this has been answered, i have had a search through the thread but cannot get a result.

I have recently downloaded and "installed" one of the dynamic campaigns, this has worked perfectly using the in game campaign gui. But for some reason the .bat files dont seem to work.

I have tried creating a 2 player coop first mission, the bat file opens, i select 2 and press enter.

At this point the .bat window just closes, it looks like another opens momentarily behind it, but then both close and nothing happens.

I have a feeling it could be something to do with rights access, as dcs is on my windows drive, but am not sure.
Shadow.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #489
Cristofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow.D. View Post
Hello, apologies if this has been answered, i have had a search through the thread but cannot get a result.

I have recently downloaded and "installed" one of the dynamic campaigns, this has worked perfectly using the in game campaign gui. But for some reason the .bat files dont seem to work.

I have tried creating a 2 player coop first mission, the bat file opens, i select 2 and press enter.

At this point the .bat window just closes, it looks like another opens momentarily behind it, but then both close and nothing happens.

I have a feeling it could be something to do with rights access, as dcs is on my windows drive, but am not sure.
Try to run CMD as an admin. Press the win key + x. I have the same problem, both the game and the CMD must be in admin mode.
Cristofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:33 PM   #490
Shadow.D.

Sorry, what do i have to do after pressing win key + x?

I can open up the CMD prompt as admin, but not sure how this relates to the .bat file.
If i run the .bat file as admin, i dont even get the option to select player number, it just opens and closes.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Shadow.D.; 05-16-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Shadow.D. is offline   Reply With Quote