Imma just leave this here... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-05-2018, 05:54 AM   #1
Wrench

Default Imma just leave this here...

Not really a mission, but I wanted to show a test of something I'm working on.

Spoiler alert: It's ATIS.

Uses a script to create an ATIS report, coalition sensitive, accessible through the f10 menu.
Uses text-to-speech generated voice files.
It's a little quiet, but it's already too late so I'll fix the rest later.

EDIT**
Test mission Added. Stored on dropbox as it's too large for the forum.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr083quxaz...0test.miz?dl=0

Last edited by Wrench; 09-19-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:11 PM   #2
DeepDrummer

That is a beautiful thing. I personally would love to be able to use that if it is a fairly simple install.
Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.
"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth
DeepDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
beppe_goodoldrebel

Is this a script that you have to run in a mission or its something global in the comm menu?
beppe_goodoldrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #4
Wrench

It's a script, bit in the end it'll be pretty simple.
The only issue right now is there is some faff in getting the audio files in the .Miz without DCS deleting them.
Basically you have to have a trigger that will never go on set the play the files because DCS removes and unused files from a .Miz.
Next time I have some time to work on it I'll see how much work it takes to add it to the mission with notepad++ the end user doesn't have to use the ME to add 40-odd "play sound" actions.
Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
beppe_goodoldrebel

any news on that?
beppe_goodoldrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:41 AM   #6
mr_mojo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
It's a script, bit in the end it'll be pretty simple.
The only issue right now is there is some faff in getting the audio files in the .Miz without DCS deleting them.
Basically you have to have a trigger that will never go on set the play the files because DCS removes and unused files from a .Miz.
Next time I have some time to work on it I'll see how much work it takes to add it to the mission with notepad++ the end user doesn't have to use the ME to add 40-odd "play sound" actions.

Alerax did a script for the LSO speech for carrier landings and came up with a way to add the individual files to the .miz so the user didn't have to do them individually. Not sure if that's what you mean - but if it is check his thread out, it might give you the idea

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...ght=lso+script
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (DCS and OS) | 250Gb HDD | 24Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift CV1 | Windows 10 | VA |
mr_mojo97 is offline   Reply With Quote