Current Asset Pack List (subject to change)

NineLine

Tanks and Mobile Artillery

There were some errors in the list, so I fixed them, and I added some designation information, mostly in bold:

Tanks and Mobile Artillery

• M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly

• M4 Sherman with "Rhino" hedge cutter

• Mk VIII Cromwell

• Jagdpanzer IV, Sd.Kfz. 162

• Tiger I, PzKpfw VI Ausf. E, SdKfz 181

• Tiger II, PzKpfw VI Ausf. B, SdKfz 182

• Panther, PzKpfw V Ausf. G, SdKfz 171

• Panzer IV, PzKpfw IV Ausf. H, SdKfz 161

• Sturmpanzer IV "Brummbär", Sd. Kfz. 166

• Jagdpanther G1, SdKfz 173

Cars and Trucks

• Jeep Willys

• Truck CCKW 353

• Bedford MWD

• Kübelwagen 82

• Truck Blitz 36-6700A

Steam Train and Cars

• DRG Class 86 locomotive

• Tank wagon

• G10 covered wagon

• DR 50 Ton Flat Wagon Type SSys

Anti-Aircraft Artillery

• Bofors 40 mm gun

• 8.8 cm Flak 18, 36, & 37

• 2 cm Flak 30

• 2 cm Flak 38 Flakvierling

Ships

• LCVP Higgins

• LST Mk2

• USS Samuel Chase

Infantry

• US soldier

• Commonwealth soldier

• German soldier

Aircraft

• B-17G bomber

The DCS: World War II Assets Pack will continue to grow with DCS: Combined Arms compatibility and free asset additions that includes:

• SdKfz 234/2 "Puma"

• Sd.Kfz. 251 Hanomag

• Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkrad

• Horch staff car

• E-boat Schnellboot type S-130

• Uboat type 7

• German search lights

• Barrage balloons

• Avro Lancaster

• Hawker Typhoon

• C-47 Skytrain (UK Dakota)

• Ju-88 A-4

• Fw 190 A-6 and A-8

• Bf 109 G-6

• A-20 Havoc/Boston

• B-24

• B-25

• B-26

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Ok I try again .. 8<

yeah-no... um :huh:

You said you couldn't find any illustrations of the Ju-88 in which you could tell which exact model it is. That was my point ;)

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone aware of a visual version of the assets list, i.e. pictures of all the stuff in the pack in one place? I've been seacrching both in this forum and elsewhere for this but having no luck.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Is anyone aware of a visual version of the assets list, i.e. pictures of all the stuff in the pack in one place? I've been seacrching both in this forum and elsewhere for this but having no luck.

Hi,

It is not what you are asking for - but have a try

C:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\ModelViewer.exe

Takes some time for the first start (building ...)

Load model ...

C:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\WWII Units\Shapes\...

PRINT for screenshots is not working

You have to use a screenshot-tool

Thanks, I'll give it a try, for someone like me who doesn't know his Carl Vinsons from his Oliver Perrys, an idiot's picture guide would be useful. I'll have to try and make one, thanks for the tip thumbup.gif

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Check the unofficial roadmap, I always put the new content when ED put them on beta or release version with pics and / or videos.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
Ok I try again with my perfect Paint Skills....So apparently not a simple A4, why the Speed Breaks still attached I don't know possible they remove them not from all...

attachment.php?attachmentid=176561&d=1516643918

:music_whistling::pilotfly:

2017-11-09_07-21-02.thumb.png.ab581292afe0c74a0f8b7c1b1cfb8ff4.png

Я принимаю модели, а вы мучаетесь, но у вас растет мастерство!!!:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:music_whistling::pilotfly:

Uhh some one is watching my Paint Skills, Speed Brakes gone... thumbup.gif

Nice looking Ju-88 by the Way...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• ED Team
Uhh some one is watching my Paint Skills, Speed Brakes gone... thumbup.gif

Nice looking Ju-88 by the Way...

Увидете как передние стойки анимированы, вообще обрадуетесь!

Я принимаю модели, а вы мучаетесь, но у вас растет мастерство!!!:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

No m1a tanks?

Nice! Any more items expected to join that list in the distant future?

What no m1a tanks

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 month later...
None of the AA units (completed or still in development) appear to be included on this list at the start of this thread.

Is it possible to have these added, with indications of what other AA units are still being worked on?

Check my post. I found so format errors in Sith's first post, and then added some info to the entries: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3364284&postcount=26

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 1 year later...

Looking at the list I've noticed a few assets added that are shown in the to be added later, Obviously the original post hasn't been updated in a while but I've noticed the following:

SdKfz 234/2 "Puma"

Horch staff car

Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkrad

Barrage balloon

Sd.Kfz. 251

And not in the list at all that has been added is the Stug IV

I sincerely hope that once the new DM model is finished we get to see some of those aircraft assets come along. Will be very nice to flesh out the air war with more units.

Edited by Boomer20

Are there plans to add German Bombers?

Would be nice for some kind of Battle for England Missions where you have to hunt down German Heinkels.

I agree with you. He111 and Do17 are really missing, as well as Ju87!:thumbup:

I agree with you. He111 and Do17 are really missing, as well as Ju87!:thumbup:

No requirement for any of those in Normandy in 1944.

Ju-87 was withdrawn from the western front and relegated to the east where it had some chance of survival in 1940

The Do-17 was withdrawn from bombing operations in 1943 and was relegated to glider tug

The He-111 remaining on the western front I the summer of 1944 after the end of the little blitz were converted to launch the Fi-103, not really conventional bombing.

In short, the only Luftwaffe tactical bomber remaining on the western front

in the summer of 1944 was the Ju-88.

No requirement for any of those in Normandy in 1944.

Ju-87 was withdrawn from the western front and relegated to the east where it had some chance of survival in 1940

The Do-17 was withdrawn from bombing operations in 1943 and was relegated to glider tug

The He-111 remaining on the western front I the summer of 1944 after the end of the little blitz were converted to launch the Fi-103, not really conventional bombing.

In short, the only Luftwaffe tactical bomber remaining on the western front

in the summer of 1944 was the Ju-88.

like this one ??

Junkers_Ju_88_RAF_Hendon.jpg

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

On 01-Jun-1944, the following bomber squadrons were operating near the Normandy area. This is pre-D-Day, of course, so by the time period of the Normandy map (late June to late July 1944), bomber numbers would be significantly lower due to attrition, fuel shortages and units being withdrawn from the frontline area.

UNIT        QTY  TYPE           AIRFIELD
I./KG6     22   Ju 188 A-2     Bretigny-s-Orge
II./KG6      3   Ju 88 A-4      Melun-Villaroche
I./KG66     22   Ju 188         Avord
            9   Ju 88 S        Avord
I./KG40     27   He 177         Orleans-Bricy
           16   FW 200         Orleans-Bricy
II./KG40    32   He 177         Bordeaux-Merignac
III./KG40   29   FW 200 C       Cognac
II./KG51    24   Me-410 A-1     Gilze-Rijen
III./KG26   35   Ju 88 A4 & A17 Montpelier
I./KG77     28   Ju 88 A-17     Orange-Caritat
II./KG77    25   Ju 88 A-17     Orange-Caritat
III./KG100  31   Do 217 E/K/M   Toulouse-Francazal
6./KG76     15   Ju 88 A-4      Istres
6./KG76     15   Ju 88 A-4      Istres

DCS Normandy is quite small, so all of these fields are "off map". The only "on map" post-D-Day Luftwaffe airfield modelled is Évreux, but it was used for fighters (JG3) and only until 05-Jul-1944.

Many raids were actually into the Normandy area, made from aircraft based in the south of France, with refuelling stops (e.g. Dijon, Angers, Cognac, etc.). Examples: KG26 attacked shipping near Cherbourg on 18-Jun-1944, KG77 attacked Le Havre on 22-Jun-1944 and KG26 attacked Barfleur Harbour on 30-Jul-1944

Also, the above are ONLY the bomber units (Kampfgeschwader), I am omitting the battle groups (ground-attack, Schlachtgeschwader), which also employed bomber types (e.g. Ju 88 A-4) in addition to other ground attack aircraft (e.g. FW 190 G-8 ). Ju 88C aircraft were employed by Zerstörergeschwader 1, from Lorient, and were pressed into service as ground-attack aircraft at the time of the invasion. ZG1 was withdrawn on 12-Jun-1944 and disbanded completely a month later.

References

Ehrengardt, Operation Overlord, L'Aviation, pp20-21

Meál, Le 6 juin 1944, La Luftwaffe face au debarquement, p18-63.

http://stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6813

... and other references therein.

• Thanks 1

I hope everyone will keep in mind that we don't have to be limited to 1944. I'm sure someone will point out that the aircraft we have available to fly weren't the versions available 1940-1943 but I really don't care. To be honest, I bought Normandy and the WWII Assets Pack a couple weeks ago and I'm kind of disappointed in both. I'm going to keep calm and not get too worked up over it and hopefully we'll eventually get enough assets to make better missions. All of this is to say that I wouldn't limit the AP to have only things available in 1944. The more assets we have the more missions we can create. They don't all have to be perfectly historically authentic.

:thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At this point, any extra WWII AI aircraft would be a welcome addition just to bolster the variety when it comes to mission making. Clearly though its not as simple as build a model and slap it in the game. My guess is getting the relevant data for the flight model (even for just AI) is quite time consuming.

I hope everyone will keep in mind that we don't have to be limited to 1944.

That would be a fairly unrealistic expectation that will likely lead you to being disappointed and frustrated. The Asset Pack is specifically aimed at Normandy in 1944. We might get more from another period in the war when ED releases new WWII maps but we haven't even got the initial list of assets that were promised to populate Normandy post D-Day.

A realistic list of the units that you can expect to see is in the first post in this thread posted by Nineline https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3260276&postcount=1

I read the original post and am aware of what units are listed. I'm dissapointed on a number of levels and not necessarily with the list. I think the list is a good list and I know they've said countless times that other units may (and probably will) be added later in time. That's good and I'm very happy about that.

I have several levels of frustration that I won't really get into here. Most of it is just mild frustration so I'm trying hard to be positive and not downplay the progress that has been made thus far.

But on the topic of this conversation my frustration only stems from the fact that I'm seeing requests that seem rather reasonable and then I'm seeing a lot of people saying "tough luck it was meant to be 1944 only" and I don't see the reason for that. We have a map that could be used for some very, very, very good missions going back to 1940 but we'll apparently never have the resources to make such a mission. I don't think it would take much. I don't think any one expects ED or any other developer to remake the Spitfire or BF-109 or any other plane in a variant 2 years older. I think what people would like to see, eventually, is a few more AI aircraft types to widen the range of scenarios they can put into the game. Even if the aircraft we fly aren't exactly correct for 1940 - 1943 it would be close enough to have a bit of fun.

Saying this map is only good for 1944 is basically like saying any other map is only good for 1982 and then ignoring the possibility of making any other assets that weren't around in that year. Obviously, Normandy is a bit of a special case due to the lack of already existing assets for that time period so I'll cut a little slack. I'd just like to have the option of making missions from The Battle of Britain at least, in addition to D-Day and post D-Day. Especially with the real estate we've been given.

I'm not trying to argue or bad mouth the plan...just throwing a humble two pence out. It's a simple customer's opinion. Take it or leave it. Or take it partially. To put it in an "elevator talk" format, ED will get a lot more bang for their buck on Normandy and the Asset pack if they include a few more AI aircraft, because more people will find more to do with it and other people will see that and want to play along. As it stands, there just isn't enough included to keep me flying there for long.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But on the topic of this conversation my frustration only stems from the fact that I'm seeing requests that seem rather reasonable and then I'm seeing a lot of people saying "tough luck it was meant to be 1944 only" and I don't see the reason for that. We have a map that could be used for some very, very, very good missions going back to 1940 but we'll apparently never have the resources to make such a mission. I don't think it would take much. I don't think any one expects ED or any other developer to remake the Spitfire or BF-109 or any other plane in a variant 2 years older. I think what people would like to see, eventually, is a few more AI aircraft types to widen the range of scenarios they can put into the game. Even if the aircraft we fly aren't exactly correct for 1940 - 1943 it would be close enough to have a bit of fun.

Saying this map is only good for 1944 is basically like saying any other map is only good for 1982 and then ignoring the possibility of making any other assets that weren't around in that year.

I think the responses against expanding the timeline further back are based on the following:

1. The current 1944 scenario is far from complete or ready as it is, in many people's opinion. ED should get the current commitment up to scratch before spending effort on widening the scope of the WW2 product

2. The map especially could be made to provide for a scenario that dated from late 1940 all the way to August 1944. However, a very short period (post invasion) has already been hard-coded into the map, and even then, the map makers have got it wrong! Therefore the first priority to opening up WW2 to wider chronology should be the map. Get it right first, then start expanding the assets.

Like me, I think many WW2 DCS players would love to see the entire war eventually playable in DCS ww2, or at least additional specific flashpoints and battles being depicted (like a pacific set, or northern Italy 1944, or the English Channel in 1943).

However we have very little confidence, based on empirical experience with EDs execution to date, that this is anywhere near realistic or achievable. Our best bet then, as customers, is to try and express our preference for a single cohesive and sensible scenario that satisfies the existing project BEFORE any effort is spent on geographic or chronological expansion.

So don't take the resistance to your interest in a wider DCS WW2 offering as generally pooh-poohing the idea. It is just that we don't want ED to devote ANY attention to anything WW2 related unless it means getting the existing scenario properly fleshed out and at least "arguably" historical first.

Ideally we'd like to present a consistent customer voice to the supplier on this issue, hence why suggestions to expand the scenario tend to get the reaction you're seeing. In the long run, however, there is no real objection to more WW2 content . . . It's about focus, and finishing what was started first.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/