Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 59 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 05:57 AM   #581
Lymark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimearrepentido View Post
For some reason following all the insyructions for guardians of the caucauses, or any of the dce campaigns in the caucauses the mission results wont save and the campaign wont progress. It just keeps going to first mission.
I had the newer dce campaigns working VERY briefly then now when I end a mission i get a pop up error screen.
The mig-21 caucasus campaign has been incompatible for a while now, and Mbot mentioned that he won't be fixing it anytime soon as he's working on the Nevada version. However, Desert Fishbed doesn't seem to be working as intended as well at the moment, so I'd say stay away from it for now.

Lymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #582
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimearrepentido View Post
For some reason following all the insyructions for guardians of the caucauses, or any of the dce campaigns in the caucauses the mission results wont save and the campaign wont progress. It just keeps going to first mission.
I had the newer dce campaigns working VERY briefly then now when I end a mission i get a pop up error screen.
Same error screen thats been posted before.
Have you repeated the MissionScripting.lua modification after the latest DCS update? Since each DCS update reverts the file to its original state, that modification has to be repeated each time.

Otherwise I think there were some issues with running your programs not as administrator.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #583
Sublimearrepentido

Guys thabks for rhe advice. Yes when i got the caucahses stuff to work it was runnin as admin. Yes i always check thw lua file. Interesringly thw campaign results lua frm guardians wasnt made again aftwr i deleted thw first to restart campaign.
I also run as admin bc that did help. But now nothing helps
I dont have NTTR much to mt chagrin cuz the map is so much better looking and al the new mbot campaigns are going there.
Cud anyone PM me step bt step instructions for like thw cauc. Frogfoot or flanker or eagle campaign.. For idiots. I alrdy know abt the lua edits ib scripting and to run as admin. The dynamic campaigns... Its hard to go back to the scripted ones after.
Sublimearrepentido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #584
chrisofsweden

Hey MBot, question about your brilliant DCE. All the "uncontrolled" airplanes that spawn on both sides at bases, are they actually from the "pool" so to speak? As in, is it actually affecting available aircraft for RED if I manage to destroy some 10 "uncontrolled" planes parked at a RED Base?
chrisofsweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #585
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisofsweden View Post
Hey MBot, question about your brilliant DCE. All the "uncontrolled" airplanes that spawn on both sides at bases, are they actually from the "pool" so to speak? As in, is it actually affecting available aircraft for RED if I manage to destroy some 10 "uncontrolled" planes parked at a RED Base?
Absolutely.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #586
chrisofsweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
Absolutely.
Awesome! Followup question. I'm currently playing the Nordic Battle Campaign based on your DCE. The Viggen AI isnt all that phenomenal yet so it takes some fiddling. So I noticed theres a script on the "Attack" waypoint after all "Attack Map Object" commands. It seems to store coordinates for the Attack Map Object task or something. What does it do, can it be omitted?
chrisofsweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:26 PM   #587
Itael

Dear MBot,

Thanks again for creating this awesome engine for DCS World.
Do you have any future plans to add or enhance the engine, or it's pretty much done?
Perhaps 2.5 will bring additional functionality to DCS?
Itael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #588
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itael View Post
Dear MBot,

Thanks again for creating this awesome engine for DCS World.
Do you have any future plans to add or enhance the engine, or it's pretty much done?
Perhaps 2.5 will bring additional functionality to DCS?
In the past 9 months or so I have have made a number of updates and improvements to DCE and all my campaigns are updated and waiting on my HD. But I will wait with releasing anything until ED at least fixes the SAMs.

I also have a quite extensive Viggen campaign ready (the bulk of it was actually built even before the Viggen was released), but it also is pending release until AI Viggens can take off from small airfields without crashing.

Last edited by MBot; 11-28-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #589
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisofsweden View Post
Awesome! Followup question. I'm currently playing the Nordic Battle Campaign based on your DCE. The Viggen AI isnt all that phenomenal yet so it takes some fiddling. So I noticed theres a script on the "Attack" waypoint after all "Attack Map Object" commands. It seems to store coordinates for the Attack Map Object task or something. What does it do, can it be omitted?
The attack script is important, the other attack tasks are duds only, merely serving to give a visible marker on all target elements. The attack script allows all (AI) aircraft in a flight to attack multiple static or map objects of a target complex simultaneously. Something which is not possible in default DCS, where the next static or map object is only attacked once the previous was destroyed. So the script allows flights to perform somewhat decent (within the limits of the awful AI in DCS) single pass attacks where every wingman bombs a different target.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #590
Itael

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBot View Post
In the past 9 months or so I have have made a number of updates and improvements to DCE and all my campaigns are updated and waiting on my HD. But I will wait with releasing anything until ED at least fixes the SAMs.

I also have a quite extensive Viggen campaign ready (the bulk of it was actually built even before the Viggen was released), but it also is pending release until AI Viggens can take off from small airfields without crashing.
Thanks so much!
Sorry to hear that ED is actually the bottleneck here. Hopefully they are aware of the issues you brought up as you were creating DCE, and they will fix them in 2.5

Looking forward to see your updates soon, DCE is really what makes DCS special IMO.
Itael is offline   Reply With Quote