Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

UIV

I like the latest version better when will I be able to get it?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably at the same time when VR finger controls become reliable. My guess sometime between 2025 and 2035.

:thumbup:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Should I wait this one or get warthog throttle?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Ok. Any info on price ?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MDee I see you may not be aware of this thread for VR controllers.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861&page=25

Eabile if you are ready to buy now The warthog is available, this is a ways off. No one hopes VKB or Virpil will provide meaningful competition to the TM monopoly more than me, but until both have a robust manufacturing and distribution pipeline they are hit or miss on availability of product.

That's sad. I really would like to get an universal throttle than a-10 specific one. But looks like i will end up buying TMWH

Youtube

I did a search but didn't see any definitive answer...has the size of the throttle body and the position of the mounting holes been finalized? I'm looking to order a set of stick and throttle mounts, and would like to be able to specify the mounting hole location...would be great if it were compatible with warthog throttle holes!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread started 12/31/17 and it is still not in production. I have a Gladiator stick from another SIM store, the top button died after 3 months. That store hasn't responded to 2 email and a phone message. I saw on the VKB website that the grip is listed for $45 but none available as is the case for most of their offerings. I doubt I will buy any more VKB stuff.

I have a Gladiator stick from another SIM store, the top button died after 3 months. That store hasn't responded to 2 email and a phone message.

Yes. Some 3rd party shop never responded to messages, let's not buy anything made by VKB any more. F-word: fairness.

Have you tried to contact VKB directly?

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Yes. Some 3rd party shop never responded to messages, let's not buy anything made by VKB any more. F-word: fairness.

Have you tried to contact VKB directly?

Uh no. Why? Read the last line in this.

"Support

To open a support ticket for hardware related issues* for a VKB product purchased at VKBcontrollers.com, go to your “My Account” dashboard, click “Orders”, and then click “Get Help” next to the respective product.

Here’s a direct link to your Orders page.

View current ticket(s) from your Dashboard here.

*For software, firmware, or button-assignment related issues and questions, please use the official VKB Support forums instead (VKB developers and knowledgeable community are able to help).

Important: For VKB products purchased at other retailers (e.g., Amazon, X-plane, or Dix30 Simulations, etc), please contact their respective after-sale support instead!"

I see that my stick is the only one currently available (of the six models they sell) but , if I were to buy another, I would want to upgrade to the next better model...oops, not available.

Uh no. Why?

VKB officially offers a Technical Support forum... why not use that to get official VKB support if the third-party vendor doesn't answer you? That's always a good choice as that forum is monitored by VKB engineers and developers and they usually have excellent insights.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

VKB officially offers a Technical Support forum... why not use that to get official VKB support if the third-party vendor doesn't answer you? That's always a good choice as that forum is monitored by VKB engineers and developers and they usually have excellent insights.

Or YOU could reach out to him for the support he can’t get instead of making him jump thru additional hoops. Just saying.....

Or YOU could reach out to him for the support he can’t get instead of making him jump thru additional hoops. Just saying.....

And here I was, thinking that posting here is the additional hoop, while the VKB support forum is the correct place to look for support in the first place, as that's where the VKB developers and engineers are able to help.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

And here I was, thinking that posting here is the additional hoop, while the VKB support forum is the correct place to look for support in the first place, as that's where the VKB developers and engineers are able to help.

The thread has a common thought and it isn’t brand positive. You could have helped turn the tide of public sentiment. Instead you choose to provide additional steps for an unsatisfied customer and snarkily respond to criticism of your missed opportunity. Why doesn’t it occur in your personal response process to say, “Hey, one of my customers has a broken product, let ME reach out and solve it for them.”

The thread has a common thought and it isn’t brand positive. You could have helped turn the tide of public sentiment. Instead you choose to provide additional steps for an unsatisfied customer and snarkily respond to criticism of your missed opportunity. Why doesn’t it occur in your personal response process to say, “Hey, one of my customers has a broken product, let ME reach out and solve it for them.”

Ah I agree, that's what the third-party reseller should have done to begin with. Wonder why the don't reach out to their customer who bought from them? Good point. :thumbup:

Wonder if their distribution agreement with VKB - the manufacturer - needs to be revised if they cannot (or will not) care for their customers? If I were a VKB decision maker, I would ensure that they - if unable to provide support themselves - at least point their customers to the official VKB Technical Support forums for help on their sales invoice and/or terms & conditions page they're required to provide to their customers. I mean, I wonder how third-party vendors handle any warranty request inquiry that might come up?

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ah I agree, that's what the third-party reseller should have done to begin with. Wonder why the don't reach out to their customer who bought from them? Good point. :thumbup:

Wonder if their distribution agreement with VKB - the manufacturer - needs to be revised if they cannot or will not care for their customers?

Wow, just Wow.....:doh:

Wow, just Wow.....:doh:

Yeah...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2