Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System - Page 19 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 04:31 PM   #181
=Buckeye=

Reputation power: 11
=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice
Default Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
Never heard of Slaw Pedals. I'll check that out.

EDIT:
The look nice, but I have a Volair Sim cockpit frame, and the area for the pedals is too small to fit those I think. I've measured it for the MFG Crosswind pedals and those won't fit.

They fit. Check this review: https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstech...per/%3Famp%3D1

I know you're from Cbus too, so fair warning, it's not $500 as listed...it's $693 when all is said and done after shipping, fees, etc.

Edit: Sorry for OT, on my phone and wasn't being cognizant of what thread I was in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit:
Oculus Rift CV1 | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper (arriving in Feb) | JetSeat SE (arriving in Feb) | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog HOTAS + 15cm Black Extension w/ Red Spring by Sahaj | Dell 34" Curved UW 3440x1440 | ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | Steelcase Leap V2 | Philips Fidelio X1

Soon™:
VKB HOTAS (waiting for throttle release)

Last edited by =Buckeye=; 01-14-2018 at 04:34 PM.
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #182
Snacko

Reputation power: 13
Snacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that link. But each setup is different. And the only way they appear to fit in the Volair Sim pit is if they are placed way at the front of the foot area. My friend in Cincy has a VS pit and has his Crosswinds placed at the front also. So he has to have his seat further back that I do. And in that article you can see in the image that they don't even have the VS pit seat connected to the frame because it is so far away to make the pedals work.

I am always on the lookout for pedals that actually fit comfortably. I emailed the Crosswind manufacturer about this width issue and he is aware and hoped to have some way to make it fit someday.

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #183
Vivoune

Reputation power: 9
Vivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really nice

I love the mold, the shapes design (and not simply going the easy route of releasing one 'block' compared to the competition. I love the ergonomy of the throttle grips along with the modular design.

The buttons choices though I'm not so sure, it seems the emphasis is a tad too much on huge push buttons. I understand the "VR complient" approach but at least a couple of switches would have been nice.

No comment on Europe market availability, I beleive they got the message already, it's just frustrating for us but hopefully VKB will get their product there in time, if not there are options now that'll benefit other manufacturers.

Last edited by Vivoune; 01-15-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Vivoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:07 PM   #184
Catseye

Reputation power: 8
Catseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the rough

I could really use the VKB throttle now as my TM Throttle just went "tits-up" and I don't intend to spend $100 on a new main board.

Beta tester available here!!
Catseye is offline   Reply With Quote