Mustang's Armament

mastershotgun

Hi Guys,

There is following note in the manual:

If the mission needs require longer firing time, it’s possible to remove the center gun in each wing. This allows each outboard gun to be loaded with 500 rounds.

But I can't figure out how to do that in the Mission editor. I guess it is something you need to do before start...

Nope, it's just and excerpt copied straight from the real manual. Such an option hasn't been implemented in DCS Mustang. Same applies to loadout options mentioned elsewhere.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You CAN change the gun configuration if you are willing to edit the .lua file for the P-51 mod - I have tried it, and will again now that they have just fixed the projectile dispersion modeling. Modifying the file invalidates your system from joining multiplayer servers, however, and you can only run single-player missions.

File is:

Edit E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units\P-51D\P-51D.lua

Comment out the left outer gun and the right outer gun. Then change "count = 270" to "count = 500" for the middle guns.

That does the trick. But you will not be allowed into multiplayer servers with this file, so make sure you backup the original file so you can switch back.

Yep, just tried it. Works a treat!

Edited by fencible

You CAN change the gun configuration if you are willing to edit the .lua file for the P-51 mod - I have tried it, and will again now that they have just fixed the projectile dispersion modeling. Modifying the file invalidates your system from joining multiplayer servers, however, and you can only run single-player missions.

File is:

Edit E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units\P-51D\P-51D.lua

Comment out the left outer gun and the right outer gun. Then change "count = 270" to "count = 500" for the middle guns.

That does the trick. But you will not be allowed into multiplayer servers with this file, so make sure you backup the original file so you can switch back.

Yep, just tried it. Works a treat!

Perfect. That is exactly what I was asking for. Thank you Sir!

Maybe a thought. Is there a way how I can make it to the settings to have it as a checkbox in the mission editor? Like Mi-8MTV2 have for the extra armor? Or maybe to create extra plane/duplicate it t to have option to choose P-51D_2guns and P-51D_3guns, if it make sense?

"Maybe a thought. Is there a way how I can make it to the settings to have it as a checkbox in the mission editor? Like Mi-8MTV2 have for the extra armor? Or maybe to create extra plane/duplicate it t to have option to choose P-51D_2guns and P-51D_3guns, if it make sense?"

I think not, the developer would have to compile stuff like that into the code. it would be GREAT to have that option, though.

"Maybe a thought. Is there a way how I can make it to the settings to have it as a checkbox in the mission editor? Like Mi-8MTV2 have for the extra armor? Or maybe to create extra plane/duplicate it t to have option to choose P-51D_2guns and P-51D_3guns, if it make sense?"

I think not, the developer would have to compile stuff like that into the code. it would be GREAT to have that option, though.

Oh well, since the ED's trailer for it is from 2013, bay we will get "remake/revamp/reboot" or what ever is the correct term one day...

Addition of -25 block with relevant changes in external and cockpit 3D models plus complete retexturing of both -30 and -25 cockpits to make them up-to-date with newer modules and deferred-shading compatible. Then complete revamp of sounds last winter.

Other things (armament, equipment etc.) remained the same.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.