Repeating triggers......strangeness

Phantom_Mark

So the scenario.

A pair of F16's patrolling on a set of waypoints (after many days of testing as many variables as possible this is what I have found to work so far !)

When RED enter zone 1, it sets flag 1, Falcons go hot.....when RED leave zone 1 flag 2 is set and Falcons go weapon hold..........

If I want to use more than one zone my observation is I can duplicate the above but MUST use new flags for each occurance, there is no way re-use those flags. Ie Zone 1 will use flag 1 and 2 (Weapons hot, Weapons Hold) , Zone 2, 3,4 (Hot, Hold), so on and so forth.

STOP !! I hear you cry........why not use the push task......yup that's great, but no matter what way I did it I found a nasty side effect, once the falcons went hot and then back to hold they immediately land at the airbase and do not return to the set waypoints......I literally tried everything I could to try and stop them, but nothing worked, hence I resorted to the flags option above......which does let them resume their pre-set waypoints and mission etc.

So going the extra stage now in this development I am trying to make the flags come on and off so the Falcons will re-engage if red re-enter the zones, originally I had the triggers set to SWITCHED, but that doesn't work for repeated engagements, even if I manually set the opposite flag on and off etc to manually reset them, so then I tried repetitive......that also doesn't work......

I have spent 4 days to get this far, and am happy with the results so far, with the exception of still not getting repeated re-engagement on a zone.......out of ideas now.

Cleantest.miz

Two examples in this mission, easier to share than explain.

In both examples the AI will engage the Hornet when it flies over the island, then disengage when the Hornet leaves the zone and then resume their patrol route.

One of CAP flights in this example is UNCONTROLLED, and only becomes live once the Hornet breaks into the trigger zone the first time....

In both instances the RED side will engage and disengage repeatedly with no issues, I am working on V2 of this mission so on the third time the RED side engage and do not return to weapons hold at all, like 3 strikes and your out mentality......just using a simple flag count accumulator on that, works fine in a separate test.

Persian Gulf ROE Test Works Example.miz