Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World - Page 73 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #721
ResonantCard1

Afaik the ones that are in the US have had their original avionics replaced. Also, them being in the US won't make the MoD automatically willing to make them happen, maybe even more wary about making them

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
ResonantCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:46 PM   #722
AeriaGloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResonantCard1 View Post
Afaik the ones that are in the US have had their original avionics replaced. Also, them being in the US won't make the MoD automatically willing to make them happen, maybe even more wary about making them
I and probably very few people know enough about these Sukhois to say the avionics were removed, I have never seen it. A lot of MiG-29s had sensors removed and a lot didn’t

I’m just saying it’s not some mystery unknown exotic rarity, and yeah maybe not as much people will buy as teen fighters but still a HUGE portion of the player base. People are. Always asking for it.

I’m also in the camp that MOD has less to do with it then we think, and they are just knocking out the biggest sellers first. Now we have all these teen fighters with no Russian peer, yeah it won’t make the sales of F-18 but they will still make a damn lot of money on it for a long time.

Plus the flight model is already done
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:23 PM   #723
MiG21bisFishbedL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResonantCard1 View Post
I don't think their avionics were replaced outright, but they probably did receive a civil Garmin set as a NavAID. These UB's were meant for sale to a civil owner. The Ukrainians probably gutted the sensitive stuff, of course.

But, yeah, point stands. Just because both the Flanker and Fulcrum now sit in multiple hangars around the world, some even being private, doesn't mean the Russian MoD is willing to part with information on them.

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #724
Wizard_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
But, yeah, point stands. Just because both the Flanker and Fulcrum now sit in multiple hangars around the world, some even being private, doesn't mean the Russian MoD is willing to part with information on them.

That's what I think people don't understand, you still need a license from the manufacturer AND permission from the Russian MoD to make something like DCS: (Russian Plane) Since they are IN Russia and are a Russian company subject to Russian laws, in Russia.

Russia
Old 03-29-2020, 09:13 PM   #725
ResonantCard1

If ED jumps in the European planes, what planes could we expect?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
ResonantCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:23 AM   #726
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_03 View Post
Since they are IN Russia and are a Russian company subject to Russian laws, in Russia.
Just to repeat that someone said in one thread, that ED has opened a office (and registered company) in European country.

If such would be true, it could allow ED to overcome all Russian laws as they said that any non-russian company could do those but not them....

So if that would be true, they could be developing a Soviet fighter by doing Belsimtek again....

Remember, Mi-8MTv2 is a Russian aircraft just as is KA-50 as well...
For other they got license from Kamov and Russian government was fine with it, regardless it was in service at that time.
And Mi-8 is in service but it was made by ED own separate Belsimtek company....

Are these laws so many days denying ED to make Soviet/Russian aircraft only limited to fighters, excluding helicopters, ships, ground vehicles, SAM systems etc?

Belsimtek was not an Russian company, even when it was started by ED and it was assimilated back to ED after it was done with those modules and gathered information for how to build a studio and finance it, so ED can advice third parties in their business.

Mi-8MTv2 is not that old, and neither is Mi-24P that is still in service... Developed by ED itself....

So helicopters are fine, but do not touch to fighters!(?)
Old 03-30-2020, 03:36 AM   #727
AeriaGloria

When Wags said on that podcast that 3rd parties could do Russian planes, I don’t believe he ever mentioned it was becuase of MOD or laws. I think he was pretty deliberately vague, and just said there is a few reasons they can’t right now. I’ll try to find the quote
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:55 AM   #728
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
When Wags said on that podcast that 3rd parties could do Russian planes, I don’t believe he ever mentioned it was becuase of MOD or laws. I think he was pretty deliberately vague, and just said there is a few reasons they can’t right now. I’ll try to find the quote
We all should already know that as it should be listened by everyone.
The reasons were not given, other than they are Russian company.

And that raised question.

Such laws would be there to protect military technology and so on defense capabilities.

And it doesn't make any sense that Russian company couldn't get information about the military equipment because espionage etc. But then Russian government would allow foreign company to have the information.

So it must be that Russian company can't do it if it is originally Russian equipment, no matter w where it is in use. But foreign company can do it if the equipment is is in foreign country (even if Russian made).

But again, doesn't explain Mi-24P currently....

So Wags was just very vague about it, as no reason truly was given....
Old 03-30-2020, 07:05 AM   #729
rfxcasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknetinium View Post
A-10/UH-1/F-18/F-14/F-16/AV-8 is not enough, Or are we awaiting eagerly on something else
Yeah, Tornado and Apache Longbow.
rfxcasey is offline   Reply With Quote