Cold War 1947 - 1991 - Page 195 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-28-2020, 11:42 PM   #1941
mehksauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
Good to hear the server's amazing, cheers! And to keep it that way: STAY OUT OF DISCORD! Stick to TS and SRS, please.

I was referring to text chats, announcements, and just a community for guys who love cold war era jets to talk about it, in real time. Also another way for guys to tell others to hop on the server to try and populate it. Not for ingame communication, since srs and ts is better suited for that.
mehksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #1942
rossmum

Suppose I might as well do the forums posting thing.

Regarding current loadouts - I did mention this when I saw you on the server earlier, but the rear-aspect setup isn't really that fair on blue. Red players know they can't shoot us head-on at all, and the R-60 will frequently make insanely short turns to hit them in the merge. With that said I'm not entirely sure going back to the R-13 is necessarily the best idea either, and it kinda bums me out that the 21's signature weapon isn't available a lot of the time because it's technically all-aspect. If people want to fly at mid/high alt and ignore being locked up, they're kind of asking for an R-3R to the face, honestly. The 9P5 acts as a good equaliser and when everyone has some all-aspect capability (rather than just one team) it forces them to adapt and stop just flying straight and level into a merge in full reheat.

As for the 23 - given the Phantom is looking like a bit of a pipe dream at the moment, what's the plan for that? The ML is going to be pretty insanely capable compared to what we currently have, and what we'll be getting soon (unless the F1 is closer than I thought). The Crusader won't really cut it as a counter. Will it be included with the R-23 or as a limited, pseudo-MS? In the latter case it'll still have a radar far beyond what anyone else does, though... I can't wait for it, but I don't want things to be too easy for us red players

I'd fully support swapping out the 25T with the 25A, although it means a bit of a capability gap between red and blue maybe this could be compensated for some other way. The 25T is a bit of a weird duck since Russia barely even built any of the things.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #1943
Velosocuba

server down????
Velosocuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #1944
zebra0312

Btw also no to F-14, i dont even like the idea of F-4E and MiG-23 on the server, maybe a mission with them and after that a mission without them, the MiG-21s and F-5s wont have any chance vs these planes.

My DCS:World-Modules:
A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:
P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4.
zebra0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:17 PM   #1945
rossmum

Ehh. I reckon I could smoke a Sparrow-loaded 14A but only if I got close enough to it. The B just has unholy thrust that makes it hard to catch with anything, the weaker performance of the TF-30 combined with comp stalls should make it less easy for them.

Maybe very limited spawns for the more capable birds, and very limited supplies of their respective SARH missiles.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:20 PM   #1946
Paradox

Also a no to F-14. Maybe the A version. In like ONE SINGLE SLOT on ONE mission.
Paradox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #1947
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
As for the 23 - given the Phantom is looking like a bit of a pipe dream at the moment, what's the plan for that? The ML is going to be pretty insanely capable compared to what we currently have, and what we'll be getting soon (unless the F1 is closer than I thought). The Crusader won't really cut it as a counter. Will it be included with the R-23 or as a limited, pseudo-MS? In the latter case it'll still have a radar far beyond what anyone else does, though... I can't wait for it, but I don't want things to be too easy for us red players
I thought about this quite often actually. Best case scenario is having both released at the same time which wont happen. So no matter what's released first, it will be available in small numbers and maybe a bit limited until its counter arrives. Also they wont be both included in all missions. Mostly the missions with bigger battle zones and good separation between the airbases.
We'll see...

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #1948
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosocuba View Post
server down????
No. Currently running the Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi mission with 17 players online.

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote