[J-11A Bug] Please report J-11A bugs here

berk.kp

Uboats, would you please fix a bad radio bug of J-11A for us? After the update released on 7/06/2018, J-11A's default radio frequency is strangely set at AM 127.5 MHz, which also is the default frequency of the CVN-74 John C. Stennis. As a result of this wrong setting, players of J-11A are now unable to talk to any ATC's on shore. It is even more weird that we are NOT allowed to change the default frequency of J-11A's radio (AM 127.5 MHz). And setting up a new radio frequency at way point 0 by Mission Editor DOESN'T make any difference.

Thank you for looking into this problem, and please keep up your good work !

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uboats, would you please fix a bad radio bug of J-11A for us? After the update released on 7/06/2018, J-11A's default radio frequency is strangely set at AM 127.5 MHz, which also is the default frequency of the CVN-74 John C. Stennis. As a result of this wrong setting, players of J-11A are now unable to talk to any ATC's on shore. It is even more weird that we are NOT allowed to change the default frequency of J-11A's radio (AM 127.5 MHz). And setting up a new radio frequency at way point 0 by Mission Editor DOESN'T make any difference.

Thank you for looking into this problem, and please keep up your good work !

thanks for report, will take a look

but other FC3 aircraft all use 127.5 AM , i.e. \Scripts\Database\planes\Su-27.lua

update:

just made a mission:

blue: cvn-74, j-11a, su-27

red: j-11a

both can contact AF tower, no issue

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

thanks for report, will take a look

but other FC3 aircraft all use 127.5 AM , i.e. \Scripts\Database\planes\Su-27.lua

update:

just made a mission:

blue: cvn-74, j-11a, su-27

red: j-11a

both can contact AF tower, no issue

Uboats,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, I appreciate it :) .

In my setup I use Viacom Pro to talk to an ATC , for example, Batumi, and Viacom Pro does recognize what I say. But the problem is the ATC (Batumi) NEVER speak back to me. Even though I know the ATC talks to my wingman parked right next to me.

My other FC3 planes, such as Su-27, Su-33 and F-15C, are all found having no problems doing both transmitting and RECEIVING communications with their ATC's.

Interestingly their default radio frequencies are NOT set at AM 127.5 MHz.

Before the 7/6 update, my J-11A's radio worked just fine too, and it was NOT set to AM 127.5 MHz.

PLEASE HELP ME TO BRING BACK THOSE WONDERFUL J-11A'S COMMS IN CHINESE, :helpsmilie:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :) !!!

Edited by Archer_111

Uboats,

After the 7/18 update, J-11A still can't talk to ATC. Also, its engine inlet grid remains at up/on position inflight, it should be automatically retracted as landing gears rise up during take off.

Thank you !

thanks for report

since you use viacom, then i cannot help, since i never used it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

thanks for report

since you use viacom, then i cannot help, since i never used it.

Uboats, I have run numerous trials and the radio calls from J-11A and Su-27 STILL fail to reach their ATCs. This problem persists without using Viacom Pro /VoiceAttack. But my Su-33 , F-15C apparently don't suffer this problem since their default frequencies were set at AM 124 MHz...(?)

Would you please take another look at this bug for us ?

And why we are not allowed to change the default radio channels for J-11A and Su-27 at Mission Editor ??

Thanks again .

Also as I mentioned last time, J-11A's controlled by AI now fail to retract their anti-FOD screens after takeoff, and this seems to suffocate their engines so much that they can't keep up with formation flying, even they've kept their afterburners on ALL THE TIME.

Sometimes AI planes also fail to taxi for parking after landing. They stop almost too fast once they touch down, and then for some unknown reasons they just decide to sit on their butts at the middle of a runway for the rest of the day. As a result they blocked all traffics on that runway ! I believe this has been an old bug that never actually got fixed.

Edited by Archer_111

Uboats, I have run numerous trials and the radio calls from J-11A and Su-27 STILL fail to reach their ATCs. This problem persists without using Viacom Pro /VoiceAttack. But my Su-33 , F-15C apparently don't suffer this problem since their default frequencies were set at AM 124 MHz...(?)

Would you please take another look at this bug for us ?

And why we are not allowed to change the default radio channels for J-11A and Su-27 at Mission Editor ??

Thanks again .

Hi,

That's a bit weird. I tried Su-27 and Su-33 in caucasus and can contact ATC directly via F10 flawlessly. :smilewink:

Or could you record a video and also upload your miz?

regarding freq change, i will take a look. But is this just for external radio app? I didnt see how the freq change will work for fc3 aircraft in game.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also as I mentioned last time, AI J-11A now fails to retract his anti-FOD screens after takeoff, and this seems to suffocate his engines so much that he can't keep up with formation flying even with his afterburners on ALL THE TIME.

AI planes also fail to taxi for parking after landing, they just decide to stop at the middle of a runway and block all traffics forever since ! I believe this has been an old bug that nerver actually got fixed.

yup.

we recently noticed this. But since we are planning to improve J-11A, so we may fix this later together with the upgrade avionics. But things not determined yet.

So if we cannot make it soon. we will ask ED to fix this AI issue.

and could you also upload trk (recorded in pure dcs world) indicating formation and taxi issues mentioned above?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Is it using the Su27 sounds now? If not, can you provide me with a file path to the sounds that the J11A is using? Would be hugely appreciated.

yes. would be in next ob update i guess

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also as I mentioned last time, J-11A's controlled by AI now fail to retract their anti-FOD screens after takeoff, and this seems to suffocate their engines so much that they can't keep up with formation flying, even they've kept their afterburners on ALL THE TIME.

ai fod issue of 27 and 11a fixed internally

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm that after the latest Open Beta update the J11 sounds are now fixed and using the correct Su27 sounds. Just checked and the J11 and Su27 sounds the same before and after modding so they are using the same sound files.

Aren't the twin pylons supposed to drop just one bomb at a time? Dropping all simultaneosly eliminates it's purpose.

[ATTACH]184533[/ATTACH]

Hi Berk,

sorry that i just noticed this post

will check it and try to change the release logic (if necessary, would ask ED to fix it).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bomb drop logic seems a little odd, not sure if its supposed to but one press of the pickle button releases all bombs from the same rack (FAB-100 & 250*6) , can't drop single and the salvo button just didn't help either - irl is the jet capable of a selectable salvo size?

Also the twin rockets pods jettison sequence is wrong, had 4 empty pods to drop and attempted to do so when I was jumped by an enemy fighter leaving the target area, it choose to drop my R-73's before the empty pods which left me up sh*t creak without a paddle!

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

• 2 weeks later...
Bomb drop logic seems a little odd, not sure if its supposed to but one press of the pickle button releases all bombs from the same rack (FAB-100 & 250*6) , can't drop single and the salvo button just didn't help either - irl is the jet capable of a selectable salvo size?

Also the twin rockets pods jettison sequence is wrong, had 4 empty pods to drop and attempted to do so when I was jumped by an enemy fighter leaving the target area, it choose to drop my R-73's before the empty pods which left me up sh*t creak without a paddle!

will forward this to ED to fix it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I'm not able to get custom snapviews working with J-11, i'm trying to make FOV like my SU-27 for default view of 100 FOV value. It works at first when loading but for J-11 it always snaps to FOV value of 80 when clicking fly once in cockpit...

Very strange

I just had the same exact problem with P-51D 25 & 30 and TF-51... Very strange, every other airplane allows me to set FOV to 80.000000 which = 100.1 in the sim when first loading inside cockpit.

But for J-11 and P-51 I have to set to 100.000000 and press numpad enter key when loading inside cockpit... Very strange.