Mission 10 : Birds of prey

Having the same issue aus paulca and bolek. Sometimes in the middle of the fight Schaefer is reported KIA (although when looking at the map he was right there with full health bar). I got mad and continuing destroyed everything together with Pontiac and my Wingman. After a while I noticed that a helicopter was on the ground next to the farm house. Schaefer did not move, he just stood behind one house.

Why do I get this Schaefer KIA when he is still alive though?

Why do I get this Schaefer KIA when he is still alive though?

The entire campaign is undergoing a massive overhaul right now. From what I've seen so far in testing is that pretty much all of these problems that have been reported in the past are being addressed.

In another thread, Baltic Dragon said the new version should hopefully be available before the end of the year (2018, that is :D). I know that's a long wait when one is right in the middle of a playthrough, but my impression is that it is totally worth the wait. :thumbup:

(Now I'm actually back to testing in order to throw a whole bunch of new bugs at Baltic Dragon ;) )

Yep as Yurgon says - whole campaign is undergoing a huge work so I’d actually recommend to hold off for another month or maximum two and then try the new version. However what I might do when beta testing goes well is to replace the old Birds of Prey with the new version beforehan, so you will also feel the difference. Stay tuned for more info!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...
Hey Baltic, any news on the new version of the campaign? Still stuck in Birds of Prey here :(

As far as I can tell it's coming along nicely! Lots of stuff happening all the time, bugs being found and getting crushed, mission after mission progressing to an almost ready state. I can't comment on the timetable, but from what I'm seeing, it *is* totally worth the wait! And "Birds of Prey" is definitely receiving a lot of attention to make it progress more smoothly. :thumbup:

As far as I can tell it's coming along nicely! Lots of stuff happening all the time, bugs being found and getting crushed, mission after mission progressing to an almost ready state. I can't comment on the timetable, but from what I'm seeing, it *is* totally worth the wait! And "Birds of Prey" is definitely receiving a lot of attention to make it progress more smoothly. :thumbup:

Thanks Yurgon! Having said that I'll have a look at the old version of the campaign and fix it too. Sorry it takes me so long, a lot of things are happening both in my DCS World and the normal one.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...

Have you tried out those handy night vision goggles in your plane? By default it is RShift+H, then adjust the gain with RShift+RCtrl+H and RShift+RAlt+H.

Wasn't this one the early morning run, where it's mostly dark until you get to the valley, then the Sun starts to peak? The one with Schaefer?

If it makes you feel any better, Schaefer died 10 times over here too, lol.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast