[REPORTED] Fw 190 Cockpit Bar! (answer Post #173)

Krupi

Yeah we can agree, DCG remove the bar thanks...

Krupi, it was a tiny glimpse of a gunsight for less than half a second in your vid. You've managed to provoke a resurgence of arguments of old, to a significant degree. Good job. How are the Emperors of Rome getting on by the way? :D

Nope - refraction raises the effective viewpoint of the pilot.

Oops, yes that's true my bad, it's one of those issues that makes the head hurt after a while, presumably then most aircraft with armoured glass benefited from this effect, so we should consider improving visibility for other types too.

Ok - better experiment:

12mm plexiglass, at 50 degrees to the viewer.

The edge of the table in contact with the Plexiglas is displaced visually.

By the time you get to the edge of the table 1.5m away, most of the parallax difference is gone.

The grey bar across the image is part of the window frame at 2.4m from the plexiglass. That's closer (?) than the end of the nose of the Dora - what you're trying to look over. at that distance the parallax difference is almost completely gone, and the amount of fence (the white angled line) 300m away that you can see over the frame is almost identical

As you can see, the refraction makes almost no difference to the viewed position of the object at 300m relative to the nose at 2m.

And the 'bar' is clearly visible...

I can't see that there's anything like enough error in the amount of target viewable (sub 1m of extra view at 300m, less further away) to warrant coding a second viewpoint in the cockpit to provide the parallax difference through, and only through, the front windscreen.

Ref_3.JPG.e8dd127467d1a6bc245194c97cbb3116.JPG

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Ahhhhh just like old times. The banana forums have come to life. Bars and Octane levels. Next will be the performance charts and the fierce debates about my favorite plane. I am waiting now for the infamous tank killing point fifties. Trees I like flying into tress I forgot about that one. Remember the classic about trim on a rotary debate. What was that flyers name? Man where is my popcorn.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone know what sort of wood they made Spitfires out of?

If someone does, I hope they have a Spit, and a certified wood expert, in their backyard as supporting evidence. :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Bwahahaaaa!! Exactly mate. I'm sure we all needed somewhere to go......Especially Krupi and his bloody silly bar argument. I just hope that the people who run this forum realise what just happened. :D

Ah god, how did this happen when did "Krupi" and "190 Bar" become synonymous...

:helpsmilie:

:Flush:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

OK, this is a picture from the front and slightly above, from this point it's quite obvious that the pilot has a clear view through the revi and that the "cushion" is more of an obstruction than the bar as far as I can see. And just for my own interest I've ordered the blueprints and manuals for the D9 from the German archives as well. Beeing an engineer with military background I have a need to know this kind of stuff :) Sorr I'm a nerd LOL.

FW190-A3-14.jpg

Edited by hakjar
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

• ED Team
OK, this is a picture from the front and slightly above, from this point it's quite obvious that the pilot has a clear view through the revi and that the "cushion" is more of an obstruction than the bar as far as I can see.

Regardless of anyones beef, this is a very cool picture :)

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Does anyone know what sort of wood they made Spitfires out of?

Titanium-strength deltawood of course, as any former IL-2 whine-oh-niner could tell us :megalol:

Harharhar... sorry...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Haha, I feel at home. Have missed theese weird discussions :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Yes but since the "bar" is hardly visible in the pic from above it shouldn't be visible from the seated position!

It's more of what I said that the padding is higher than the window frame and thus shouldn't be visible unless

you raise the seat position.

Never mind, we'll see what it'll look like when in beta/alpha :D

EDIT:I spell horrible today :(

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes but since the "bar" is hardly visible in the pic from above it shouldn't be visible from the seated position!

The bar is visible, it's just not prominent above the entire forward view, the nose of the aircraft in this case is replacing the bar....and this pic is a short nosed 190.

the padding in this picture is not how it should be for operational use, because there is no gunsight modern operators simply close the gap that should be there.

Edited by bongodriver

The FW190 series has a slant from the cockpit to the nose. The pit sits higher in the fuselage providing a very clear view over the cowling in flight and combat. Hopefully whne I receive my data from the German archives it should be clear

image013.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The FW190 series has a slant from the cockpit to the nose. The pit sits higher in the fuselage providing a very clear view over the cowling in flight and combat. Hopefully whne I receive my data from the German archives it should be clear

image013.jpg

Not much of a slant though, don't forget the germans put guns up there and they couldn't liberally slant the nose, you can see clearly the guns are almost parallel with the horizontal, in fact most of the reason there is an apparent slant is because of the step down from the gun bulges.