F-14 FC3 version bundled with the sim/available separately?

Katmandu

I don't see any FC3 aircraft noted in the official roadmap thread so I'm not concerned with this request. It might become a topic when I'm 60 or so. That's 20 years out.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

DCS aircraft only going forward.

You must have missed they just added a new aircraft to Flaming Cliffs. They appear to be more open to the notion than previously indicated

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

You must have missed they just added a new aircraft to Flaming Cliffs. They appear to be more open to the notion than previously indicated

It's a "new aircraft" implies it's more than it is. It's just a variant of the Su-27 being added with the ability to fire an extra type of missile. Bit like FC3 already has 3 versions of the Mig-29. It's essentially a quick-win, as it's using the same flight model and SSM.

Edited by Buzzles

Frankly the "new" J-11A is little more than a user mod to allow different items to be equipped and I'm a little surprised it's being incorporated at all in its current state. It doesn't have a unique cockpit with the modified Chinese avionics of the J-11, nor has the flight model changed to reflect modifications made to the J-11 vs. the Su-27S we currently have in-game.

I'm still happy to be able to load 77s on something else with a PFM while waiting for the MiG-29 PFM to be complete, but I wouldn't get too excited about new FC3 aircraft if I were you.

Who said I was excited? The point is they added to it, when I had been under the impression it would never be done. Obviously they ARE open to the idea or it wouldn't exist period. You just wait and see, I'll be circling strafing you with a mouse flown F22 one day soon =) Embrace the casual, and try not to clench ;)

Don't do it. The idea of me busting my ass to do the work of flying the Tomcat in full fidelity while some jackass is running around using the F-14 like an FC3 spam wagon disgusts me.

DCS has enough growing pains without the stink of this sullying it.

You might want to direct that to the mission designer.

But I see you point, the world will end when others, ugly smelly singleplayers in particular, get options to choose from that will make them play this in a manner not following your guidelines.

What a wonderful concentration of elitism this forum has.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
If you don't find it interesting, why bother in the first place ?

I am getting the feel that you have the wrong view on how full modules work.

If you think that you need to "to learn the full set of real life procedures" to fly or operate the aircraft you are badly mistaken. I'd say 70-80% of the community has a minimum or no knowledge of real life procedures, yet they can fly and operate the aircraft.

Some of the aircraft you gave as an example are so simple, they can be flown and used in just couple of hours of practice (how proficient is another topic, but that comes with the flying)

DCS is a simulator after all, and the majority of people are here for that, I don't think wasting time (with modules already needed countless hours of development time) with such stuff is needed.

At the end of the day, if you really just want the beautiful shell of the aircraft, there are other games that can provide you with that

If a developer think that they have to and have the time to do so and create such FC style of their aircraft, sure, go for it, but in no case should it be a requirement.

Just my opinion,

Cheers

Besides,(huh, this is actually funny) if you think FC3 is that much of an arcade game and easy to operate efficiently (especially the fighters), I take the guess that people have only played against AI

Yea I agree with SHADOW on all accounts here. In MP no one likes the fact that Su-27 and F-15 take 20 seconds to start up while full fledged modules have AFAIK proper start up procedures.

I believe we need to turn away from FC3 style modules all together. Because the damn I just got shot down and I'm going back up in ~1min is BS all together.

It makes for more immersion to be more careful of your "life" and aircraft when you have to sit there for ~10mins to do start up and alignment before going and shooting digital missiles at another aircraft.

I GIVE FC3 STYLE AND PLEA 4 THUMBS DOWN LIKE RICK JAMES DID TO THAT ONE GIRL'S BOSOM

to learn the full procedures is part of flying a proper sim, otherwise its like an arcade game

Absolutely agree! When you try a full fidelity Aircraft you do not come back to FC3 planes.

For what multiplayer is concerned, I think it's up to the single server to allow FC3 modules or not. IMHO the best solution could be to have servers only for FC3 planes, and servers only for full fidelity ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't understand the hatred for FC3 modules as regards multiplayer.

If you don't want airquake, then don't play on an airquake server. It's entirely within the mission designers control the leave fuel out of the FC3 birds to make them take longer to load up and take off. You can easily strike the right "balance" with just the simple tools available.

As for the avionics challenges, the M2k is just as easy as the F-15C for basic BVR and WVR air-to-air engagements. I even have the mappings almost identical for the radar panel controls, close-combat modes, etc.

I can't see a "fairness" problem that is truly a concern with "FC3-mode" modules of the new releases; HOWEVER, I do see a problem with maintaining two code bases, and for that reason alone I am against the idea. With each new update, devs have to fix bugs that crop up in their modules. They'd almost certainly have more to deal with if they also managed a simplified version, because there would need to be some significant code deviations between the versions. That means less time for making new aircraft.

If you really don't want to learn how to start up an aircraft, just use the autostart, or make missions with air-start aircraft. Problem solved.

HOWEVER, I do see a problem with maintaining two code bases,

there would need to be some significant code deviations between the versions.

FC code would be high level macros-like for the most part (see my pseudocode example with the Ka50 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3448774&postcount=40 and F-16 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3454878&postcount=77), so low level bugs should not affect it much. E.g. if high level FCfication code has a function that automatically slaves all sensors to the currently moved reticle, this code should be robust and independent from subsequent changes in internal workings of the sensors.

Essentially it would be using the mapped out keyboard controls for slaving sensors and this control setting is not going anywhere - bugs and improvements or not.

• 2 weeks later...
I think ED has said they are not going to make simplified planes like FC3 anymore, not sure if 3rd party developers are allowed to make them? Personally i wouldnt want to see them anymore, and i certainly wouldnt want to see those simplified planes in MP but thats up to server owners to decide what modules they allow to use.

Oh how wrong we all were at this time...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Oh how wrong we all were at this time...

Flaming Cliffs is finally dead! Long live Flaming Cliffs! :)

Wayne Saint

Gander, Newfoundland, Canada

"Do Unto Others BEFORE They Do Unto You..."

Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II

Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I’m hoping sometime soon that all of the simplified aircraft are just gone

Me too, but it would be hard to phase out a product that thousands have already paid for.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• 1 month later...
I think ED has said they are not going to make simplified planes like FC3 anymore, not sure if 3rd party developers are allowed to make them? Personally i wouldnt want to see them anymore, and i certainly wouldnt want to see those simplified planes in MP but thats up to server owners to decide what modules they allow to use.

HA, you spoke too soon buddy

• 3 weeks later...
Me too, but it would be hard to phase out a product that thousands have already paid for.

Ouch, you guys must be reeling after the MAC announcement then...

Really though, MAC will be a boon for DCS; it allows for a much wider audience to get into the game.

Ouch, you guys must be reeling after the MAC announcement then...

Really though, MAC will be a boon for DCS; it allows for a much wider audience to get into the game.

Yes it does, but it does in fact undermine the very branding ED has sold us for years. I.E "the highest fidelity virtual flight sim ever created for the public." This can be perceived as either good or bad but I shall not comment on that question.

I truelly Hope MAC is NOT compatible with DCS servers...

What is the point in having a realistic radar if a kid in an f 22 ish plane with perfect all seeing radar drops you out of the sky with a super amraam at 250 km...

I truelly Hope MAC is NOT compatible with DCS servers...

What is the point in having a realistic radar if a kid in an f 22 ish plane with perfect all seeing radar drops you out of the sky with a super amraam at 250 km...

"Realism". and Im pretty sure its confirmed they will be.

@Baco

I also prefer full sim to FC-level, but what you just said is such utter BS @@ Also, it is compatible. What aircraft are available is up to the mission designer, as always.