Updated flight model ?

davidtsw

Am I going crazy or has there been an update to the P51's flight model ? I took a short break from DCS but have felt like the Mustang handles differently now. It's more sluggish, slower and less nimble.

Has anyone else noticed it ?

Am I going crazy or has there been an update to the P51's flight model ? I took a short break from DCS but have felt like the Mustang handles differently now. It's more sluggish, slower and less nimble.

Has anyone else noticed it ?

Been flying it nearly daily for 2 plus years. Unfortunately no, it’s the same it’s always been. Try reducing the fuel amount to something below 68% (wings topped) and see if it handles better for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But what about the speed ? I swear I used to be able to fly low over ground at around 550 kmh or more. Now it's more like 450. I thought it's got to do with me starting from ramp, but even when starting in the air, it feels way different to what it used to be.

But what about the speed ? I swear I used to be able to fly low over ground at around 550 kmh or more. Now it's more like 450. I thought it's got to do with me starting from ramp, but even when starting in the air, it feels way different to what it used to be.

hmm i can go around 310-320kts easy in p-51 (wings clean) top speed will change depending on out side temp and pressure as well wind can reduce your ground speed

I fly P-51 daily, i haven't noticed any changes in FM

i remember there was thread someone complain that he cant catch b-17 in formation. I advice to just run cocpit check from left to right and you probably find reason behind slow top speed

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Haven't flown her in months, but coincidentally just happened to take her to an insurgent love-in as a party pooper with bombs and rockets today. No changes whatsoever to the FM that I can notice at least.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Same. No changes.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Weight, ambient temperature and local elevation all affect power. Flying from a winter airfield in the Caucasus will be very different flying from one in the summer in Nevada. How you dial in the prop and engine RPM is going to affect all of that, too, of course, among other factors.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Updated flight model ?

Ah! Now I know what you mean. Something did change about a year or so back. I also remember it flying faster flat out over the trees on the deck. Now it brick walls at around 400 mph flat out. The squad did notice this change but there’s been no development mentions of it.

Edited by Campbell

Ah! Now I know what you mean. Something did change about a year or so back. I also remember it flying faster flat out over the trees on the deck. Now it brick walls at around 400 flat out. The squad did notice this change but there’s been no development mentions of it.

yea Top speed SL changed 100km/h and nobody noticed it only you :P

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor