Free Map

Ercoupe

May be I'm just saying a stupidity here but what would the reason be for a free new map?

There must be a specific reason for it.

And what if the Low overhead, high performance is a hint for it?

The first vulcan map?

Edited by gianlu320

Looking at things from the business side, I would remake and expand the Normandy Map, and then make the Normandy Map free like the Caucus Map. This would greatly increase the demand for current aircraft, and give the War Birds a little boost. There are many who have left War Thunder, and are looking for a place to land. Making the Normandy Map Free, would be a smart business decision.

Looking at things from the business side, I would remake and expand the Normandy Map, and then make the Normandy Map free like the Caucus Map. This would greatly increase the demand for current aircraft, and give the War Birds a little boost. There are many who have left War Thunder, and are looking for a place to land. Making the Normandy Map Free, would be a smart business decision.

Normandy is not made by ED.

They said that the free map should have a modern and World war II version.

Remember Normandy map has Ugra-Media map product, not ED.

https://ugra-media.ru/#projects

• ED Team
Part of good business is buying out or creating joint ventures with other companies. Easily done.

Make Normandy Map free. Increase the bottom line. :thumbup:

So in order for Uglra Media to increase their bottom line, they should give away their only current product for sale in DCS?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

So in order for Uglra Media to increase their bottom line, they should give away their only current product for sale in DCS?

Joint Venture Capitalism works great.

A free Normandy Map will increase the demand for WWII aircraft, asset packs, and Combined Arms.

:thumbup:

As a business model? No.

As a business model, I would make 3 Free Maps: Caucus, Normandy, and a Pacific Map. That is enough to Market the other products. The other Maps and future Maps would be Premium Maps. They could be larger, include an aircraft, or other bonus material. Remember, I am suggesting all this as a good business model, not what I personally want to see. ED has to survive as a business, or we the consumer, will have nothing.

It's always a team decision with our company owner and our CEO having final say.

Guys were going about this all wrong...

We need to find out what the owner and CEO drink and pony up for a few cases of "the good stuff" to sway his opinion. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

As a business model? No.

As a business model, I would make 3 Free Maps: Caucus, Normandy, and a Pacific Map. That is enough to Market the other products. The other Maps and future Maps would be Premium Maps. They could be larger, include an aircraft, or other bonus material. Remember, I am suggesting all this as a good business model, not what I personally want to see. ED has to survive as a business, or we the consumer, will have nothing.

Surely the old KS backers has been very funny about them... get free all WW2 aircraft's and the assets pack next?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Surely the old KS backers has been very funny about them... get free all WW2 aircraft's and the assets pack next?

No, offer the Normandy Map free. Continue to charge for WW2 aircraft and asset packs. By offering the Normandy Map Free, it will increase the demand for WWII and other aircraft. It will also increase the demand for any current, or future assets packs. It's called marketing. :thumbup:

No, offer the Normandy Map free. Continue to charge for WW2 aircraft and asset packs. By offering the Normandy Map Free, it will increase the demand for WWII and other aircraft. It will also increase the demand for any current, or future assets packs. It's called marketing. :thumbup:

Put "free" a 3rd party license product.....

NineLine discarded this scenario a few message above your own.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

NineLine discarded this scenario a few message above your own.

I was making a business/marketing suggestion. I did not say I wanted it. Is my scenario possible ? Yes. Does it make good business sense? Yes. Everyone else on this thread is hoping, guessing, picking straws, looking at Taro Cards, and dreaming. A smart business move would be to make a joint venture with the other parties involved, and give the Normandy Map away FREE :thumbup:

I was making a business/marketing suggestion. I did not say I wanted it. Is my scenario possible ? Yes. Does it make good business sense? Yes. Everyone else on this thread is hoping, guessing, picking straws, looking at Taro Cards, and dreaming. A smart business move would be to make a joint venture with the other parties involved, and give the Normandy Map away FREE :thumbup:

Put Ugra media Out of Business without none product to sell. what kind of "join venture" are you talking?

There are no plans for giving away the Normandy Map in the foreseeable future, so we can probably just drop the discussion.

Wow, I must have gotten close to what is going on behind the scenes at Eagle Dynamics. I'll light a cigar, have a drink, and say now more.:drink: :thumbup:

Pohjoiskalotti!! I do so hope you're correct, but Sir Wags ruled out Kola (REF), which is immediately to the east.

A few people are now suggesting Libya and they have a really good argument. Pretty much in line with all the others you summarised.

Finland to the North Sea would make for a huge map, but it would be great if you are right!

Thank you for pointing that out. Its a pity its not Kola, but in truth it must have changed massively from what it was in WW2.

OK, so my money is still on North Cape/Finland/Norway and just maybe a slice of Northern Sweden as well. He might be disingenuous in saying no Kola. In theory, everything to the east of Murmansk is Kola. That doesn't rule out to the west up to the Norwegian/Finnish Border. And that area cant have changed much in the past 70 years. There are 2 big foxtrot oscar Airfields for Naval Aviation there. Ideal for your Backfire spamming needs.

Anyway, its a theory. I look forward to seeing it blown out the water. :D

Edited by stuart666

Put out of business?

Do you know what a business Joint Venture is? :doh:

A joint venture has only plausible if has 2 companies has interested on that. ED has your plans, 4 maps on develop (two for WW2, a "free" (ww2 / Modern) and one more "modern"), all WW2 baseline (Damage model, Dynamic Campaign, new functionality as testbed), aircraft, maps and Assets pack modules with a dedicated WW2 team and all work on DCS teams and module "modern" teams. Ugra media has your plans ("Modern" Syria map), and actually Ugra has none plans to work on WW2.

The only "Joint Venture" by ED was with Belsimtek (old Partner), with work side to side with ED on projects and now fused with ED as a develop study (Working on Hornet and other modules). Ugra media has a 3rd party, as Heatblur, Razbam, Aviodev, etc, not a Partner and Ugra has not a dedicated company on DCS World (has own develops and projects outside DCS).

Edited by Silver_Dragon