where has the ED Wiki gone?

MemphisBelle

I´m a bit shocked? I wanted to check the Wiki and noticed that it was removed from Support dropdown menu on the website. I then tried to enter the wiki by one of the urls I have saved and noted that it seems to be closed/removed. This is the direct URL to the Wiki: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

The Wiki contains lots of very important information for actual and new Members of the Community. Sure, it wasnt the most up to date wiki, but it have had certain pages with important information. I for my self have put hundrets of hours to give the old Wiki a new face. Others have participated in this but in General the Wiki was a great ressource for all types of questions.

Was it removed? Will it return? Where has it gone? And most important, why has it been removed?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

It was closed when it wasnt getting maintained by users much, it contained a lot of spam, and continued to gather more, if there is a lot of interest in it, we can look at bringing it back.

the Spam issue has always been a Problem. I remember when I was working together with EvilBivol-1 on the old wiki, when I was updating the whole structure to the latest face. Wouldn´t it be possible to implement an effective Registration barrier to avoid having spam bots registered? Like an Administrator activation, or somethings similar? I´d volunteer to do that. I was working a lot on it anyways and some others have participated a lot as well. May be I can gather a few Folks who are willing to create a wiki supporter Group, who cares about it.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 3 months later...

I second the above, more than happy to help remove the spam from the wiki.

MediaWiki have a pretty comprehensive list of methods dealing with spam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Agreed!

A good and spam free Wiki can avoid new threads for already answered questions.

What you can do is searching for users who are ok to do that (A lot I think), once you have a list, apply a filter by behavior, seniority on this forum etc...

Edited by Pougatchev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!