JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Can you explain what Mode 1-3 represent in the JF-17? From the wikipedia definition, you'd expect Mode 1-3 to come back as a mismatch for lots of friendlies because mode 1 is the mission type and other friendlies might be on a different mission, and mode 2 is the code for your tail number which should be unique, and mode 3 is assigned by the ground controller / is used to provide altitude information.

Or is there a different definition in the JF-17?

The JF-17 pretty much uses the NATO definition. So IRL Mode 2/3 is unique to each aircraft, but in DCS it's hard to assign a unique code to each aircraft and list them in the briefing or somewhere else, so we'll let you decide/change your own code. Mode 1 can be team id, dependent on usage. Mode 6 is an updated version of Mode 4.

Anyways we'll only implement the logic. How the codes are being used is up to the players.

BTW Mode C provides altitude information. Mode 3 response is just a 4-digit code.

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

Holy crap

Guys, I had no idea you were doing this until yesterday, when I saw a video on YouTube. This thing looks great! And it’s about time a non western multi role fighter came out. It looks to be nearing EA, and I think I’m gonna pass on the Lawn dart, and wait for this. Thanks for bringing something different to DCS, I hope it flies as good as it looks. I’m gonna enjoy playing the “bad guy” again.

Guys, I had no idea you were doing this until yesterday, when I saw a video on YouTube. This thing looks great! And it’s about time a non western multi role fighter came out. It looks to be nearing EA, and I think I’m gonna pass on the Lawn dart, and wait for this. Thanks for bringing something different to DCS, I hope it flies as good as it looks. I’m gonna enjoy playing the “bad guy” again.

gonna be awesome!

vmmsqt91.jpg?w=624

JF-17.jpg

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

gonna be awesome!

Totally agree. Deka Ironworks really has a pretty awesome module in the pipeline that I didn't expect to be such a fantastic 4th gen plane. Cannot wait! :thumbup:

Here's hope that we will see a few more surprise fighters from them in the future!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Anyone know the JF-17 has an internal compartment for travel? Sure there is nothing of use we could ferry, but interesting. Found out from this blog post

http://pafwallpapers.com/blog/2012/03/jf-17_thunder_fuselage/

The part about air flowing around the luggage has gotta be made up, the inlets curve inward well before it it seeems

5E71729C-3F44-49EA-835E-8FB646C6C0E6.thumb.jpeg.b092b6ab4aa5bee4398be76c724b83a5.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Anyone know the JF-17 has an internal compartment for travel? Sure there is nothing of use we could ferry, but interesting. Found out from this blog post

http://pafwallpapers.com/blog/2012/03/jf-17_thunder_fuselage/

The part about air flowing around the luggage has gotta be made up, the inlets curve inward well before it it seeems

Unused gun ammo compartment ? (empty fro travel)

It's just above the rear of the gun.

Or where are the gun ammo ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Here's a close up of the area in question. The door just below/nearby is definitely a pressurized refueling receptacle so I wouldn't count on it being a spent brass storage compartment. jf-17_06_of_21.jpg

Hard to make out just exactly what it is but my guess is it's a small crew provision for bags when they go off station rather than lugging around travel pods on the wings. You can check out the rest of it up close here. http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/howard_mason5/jf-17/

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Thanks for the close up. It looks like it's panel labelled "1223-3".

I saw this kind of things on other fighters, like Mirage 2000N. The crew would put bags in empty space on the spin of the aircraft. On the later Mirage 2000D they would be screwed since there ares some top firing flare launchers. :D

I wouldn't call that "provision for bag", at least it probably isn't by design :smilewink:

Anyway it's really close to the gun, and just below 1223-3 panel we can see a deformation for what could be a shell feeding ramp.

I don't know how the gun is fed on this plane, it would be interesting to have pictures of ground crew servicing the gun.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

With the release of F-16C, this place has gone quiet again. I do hope JF-17 module becomes more successful on sales since DIS is the company who I am relying on to provide us with quality level Red side jets.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Yes

GB-6 can carry many types of warhead/submunition,

we will provide the terminal-sensing-ammunition and/or high explosive warhead fisrt,

for better game play experience :)

terminal-sensing-ammunition version for attacking tanks,

high explosive version for attacking buildings

So when I first read this I thought terminal sensing meant IR scene matching like JSOW-C but reading it again it was pointed out it’s similar to BLU-108 of CBU-105. Got really excited about the impending digital destruction so started looking up stuff about it.

It was said we’ll get terminal sensing and HE first, but not what comes second..:music_whistling:

I don’t think we currently have any FAE(Fuel Air Explosive) weapons in DCS?

50DCC102-A032-4C37-9F40-C8969986EDD2.thumb.jpeg.10316cdde90b9ab15a32fbb2e6a99b40.jpeg

2B050E90-F739-4B43-9938-98105B4C19D6.thumb.jpeg.f83e572865661c98ad9e958f631317c0.jpeg

42AFD8DB-6FF9-4DD7-80C9-AC6B55EF9F26.thumb.jpeg.25e1df8fc52a1a2372da5c34f711ce4c.jpeg

BED62F00-E906-47E9-813E-C79DE4DF4006.thumb.jpeg.fc36c2258ddeb83d9647e222dc851b75.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Dodged a bullet by not pre-ordering the F-16. Now I have all my money saved for this magnificant jet. Really hoping for this month release.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Dodged a bullet by not pre-ordering the F-16. Now I have all my money saved for this magnificant jet. Really hoping for this month release.

Not an official response, but I've heard rumors of ED's QA program (I think F-14, could be wrong) taking just around a month provided nothing goes wrong. Deka sent it off to ED the 13th (last sunday). So while October is looking slim, we all should be flying it relatively soon.

Only side note is, if there is some issue that does come up, it will take an undetermined amount of time longer. So its not too far away, but theres no telling just yet exactly how "far" that is.

The time required for jf17qa can refer to F-14, which took about one month. So it would be more appropriate to wait until November 13 to discuss when to release. Their work, testing and development are carried out at the same time to ensure that there are no major problems. At the same time, the relevant personnel responsible for modeling recovered and discharged, and the progress of the model was also very smooth. F16c passed QA smoothly with a very low degree of completion (even the lack of some basic things). For jf17, which has almost all functions completed, it can't pass QA?! Then they must be talking nonsense!