How do u make enemy planes on runway take-off only when player aircraft is near?

Hi,

I'm was trying to design a mission where the enemy planes scramble to take-off to intercept incoming (player) aircraft when the latter is within a set radius of the airfield. Is there a way to do that in the mission editor? The only options I see are for the planes to take-off regardless.

Cheers

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Make a trigger zone around airport, that's not too big.

Set ai planes to late activation.

set trigger- when part of group is in zone(your flight group) - activate group(ai planes)

Ok, thanks it works. However, with Late Activation, the enemy planes only appear (out of thin air) when triggered. But without Late Activation, they take off straightaway even before the trigger. What I would like is for them to be on the runway (or parking lots) and take off only when triggered. Is there a way to do this? Thks!

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

Try this instead of "Late Activation"

1 - Set the group as "Uncontrolled" instead.

2 - Go to the groups "Triggered Actions" tab, add a new "Perform Command", "Start".

3 - Then you can setup your trigger for whatever you want to activate this group with the "AI TASK PUSH" which will haven an "AI ACTION" now available to select. This will be the groups name and action of START.

This will cold start the aircraft, since they were "Uncontrolled" to begin with. Depending on which airports you are using, some have start locations at the end or very close to the ends of the runways. These are the locations you want to start your alert aircraft from, paying attention to which end of the runway they want to take off from for current mission conditions.

Good luck.

Edited by Shahdoh

I tried to see if they could standby on the runway first and take off when triggered but it doesn’t seem possible in the ME.