>>> ServMan Server Management Mod v2 for DCS:BS v1.0.1 Released! <<<

Acedy

Afaik BS checks trigger conditions in regular time intervals, so if the load increases the chance may be higher that a trigger condition could be missed if it becomes true and false again directly after that. However the additional calculations done by the mod should be negligible, I guess the only real time consuming operation is the file flushing that happens when new text is written to the logfile/chatlog, all other lengthy operations are being done during mission loading.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just flew on your server Panzertard. ServMan seemed to work flawlessly. Great work for getting it working!

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just flew on your server Panzertard. ServMan seemed to work flawlessly. Great work for getting it working!

Just discovered some nasty snacks when the server cycled the mission.

WIP. But please, use it while it's up - thats why I'm testing. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 2 weeks later...

VERSION 2 HAS BEEN RELEASED!!

Important announcement: v2 is the last version of this mod that will be developed by myself. However, this does not mean that it is going to die. I know that alot of servers are using it, so I have been looking for successors who would like to continue the work. Fortunately Panzertard and =RvE=Yoda have volunteered to do so, which I appreciate very much. Thanks fellas! As you all know they are very active members of the DCS/LO community, and I am sure the mod will be in good hands. From now on they are the new developers of this tool, so please direct any suggestions for new features to them!

Hello, we have a little problem around here could give us some help?

We just rented a server, with very advanced hardware and a very powerful band.

We installed servman and flight simulator DCS Black Shark.

Our biggest problem is the lag, the server is started you can play hard because there are frequent LAG.

We know that the problem is solved, it might help us understand which setting to change?

Thank you, greetings from italy!!

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

Hi JAKAL, lag or latency?

Lag is when clients "freeze or stutters"

Latency is high ping, long time from the things happening on the server before the client can see it or vica versa. But it shouldnt affect you too much unless you are looking at 3-400ms latency.

And why do you think Servman is causing it?

It sounds like you should think about changing to another company hosting servers from you.

Or maybe you have a too big mission?

If you think it's server, try to not use Servman - and see if there is a difference.

Let's hear from you again :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 3 months later...

May need some help with ServMan_V2

Hello,

I installed ServMan_V2 a week ago and I've never been able to make it works. When I start the server commands just don't answer at all :(

Installation type : Standalone

Game version : 1.0.2

Issue : Commands don't answer - No feedback.

Investigation :

I checked in the net-server.log and it stopped loggin about a week ago. I didn't make any major changes in the server config.

Then I checked in the network-XXXX of my last session and I get an error log saying :

Can't load net/main.lua: ./Scripts/net/server.lua:13: attempt to index global 'base' (a nil value)

NET: 24.313000: server has started

I checked carefully the Error.log and I see only game related warnings. No fail or error tags.

Action taken : I tried to reinstall the mod again ( by overwriting existing files) but it has no effect.

Please see the network-XXXX.log and serverconfig.lua in attachments. Just tell me if you need more informations.

Regards,

Third.

network-20100801-1540.rar

serverconfig.rar