DCS Cross the Pond - Community Event

104th_Maverick

;2439767']1) Yes, you get the password on our teamspeak server

I'll be flying until shortly before the event (long day today :)) and a quick search didn't reveal the TS info.

Can you post the Teamspeak-data to this thread?

CTP 15/1

Flight Plans

Fast Jet

42s628L.jpg

Leave Bullseye for WHISKY then track back to Bullseye, leave Bullseye for INDIA then track back to Bullseye.

Track Length : 2054 Miles (excluding refuelling)

Flight Time : Approx 4 hours

Tankers on Station at Bullseye, TEXACO & ARCO

F-15C

Bullseye = WP4, 6 & 8

WHISKEY = WP5

INDIA = WP7

SU27 - Mig29

Bullseye = WP5, 7 & 9

WHISKEY = WP6

INDIA = WP8

Slow Jet

HHDdFgB.jpg

Leave Bullseye for WHISKY, turn right for INDIA, right turn inbound Bullseye

Track Length : 1305 Miles (excluding refuelling)

Flight Time : Approx 4 hours

A-10

Bullseye - WP4 & 7

WHISKY - WP5

INDIA - WP6

Tankers on Station at Bullseye, SHELL

Mig21

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kblpXh6aYoR2dmZndGbThIclE/view

P-51

VFR Vectors

Unit Conversion Chart (for Russian Aircraft) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kblpXh6aYod1lWbmhMdmdZaWM/view

Radio Communications!

We are going to use our Teamspeak3 Server for the communication. We have come up with a novel way to get over the issue of changing channels that we think will work very well indeed, without the need for any addons to be installed.

We are taking advantage of the Hotkey functionality of Teamspeak to set up a Radio System.

Users are to set up hotkeys using the 'F' keys or others if they choose, we recommend the F1, F2, F3 keys as no external views will be available for the event. For example...

F1 = Ground

F2 = Tower

F3 = Departure

F4= Approach

F5 = Unicom

This way users can change Teamspeak channels as if they are tuning into a radio station, you simply press a button instead of tuning a radio or having to Alt+Tab!

How you set up Hotkeys...

Start by going to Settings then Options then HotKeys

JvGnncn.png

Click on Add, then click on the button marked No Hotkey Assigned.

Now press F1 to assign that Hotkey

O1yHUtW.png

Now click on Show Advanced Actions and select Switch to Channel from the drop down menu.

rFxSNVU.png

Open the next drop down menu named Switch to Channel, now scroll down until you see the channel named ATC CHANNELS/Kutaisi Ground. Open the drop down menu and select on Current Server

c4atAXV.png

Click OK!

Now do the same for F2 - Tower, F3 - Departure, F4 - Approach, F5 - Unicom (Cruise).

Now when you press F1 in game you will auto switch to the Kutaisi Ground Channel! No mods, no fuss! ... ok a little bit of fuss getting the keys set up but we think this is a great compromise to get ATC in DCS!

Instead of Controllers telling you to "contact Tower on 123.4" they will say "Contact Tower on Channel 2".

Sacrificing a little bit of realism for functionality in DCS :D

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

1. What is the go around procedure?

2. What is the transition altitude? is it FL180?

1. Climb on Runway heading to 3,000ft and await ATC Instruction (will be briefed)

2. FL060 (6,000ft)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2439831']

We are taking advantage of the Hotkey functionality of Teamspeak to set up a Radio System.

Users are to set up hotkeys using the 'F' keys or others if they choose, we recommend the F1, F2, F3 keys as no external views will be available for the event. For example...

F1 = Ground

F2 = Tower

F3 = Departure

F4= Approach

F5 = Unicom

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WILL BE AAR (refueling) in F15s or A10s, when setting up the hotkeys

PLS LEAVE OUT F1, F2 and F6 as these are use in the communications menue for the tankers.

S!

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Wow, that was a great flight and great fun indeed. Thanks a lot to everyone who organized it or lent a helping hand! :thumbup:

I'm already looking forward to the next one and hope to improve my -now existing, yet unpolished- ATC comms. :)

Thank you guys, really enjoyed the event!

It was great fun to hear all the proper (or most proper) radio communications, to be guided by a real life ATC according to (just slightly dumbed down) real life procedures.

Most of all it was great to have you all aboard and we very much hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks to Maverick and pYlot for organising and controlling. Great job.

S!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It was great fun gentlemen.

pYlot did a great job with handling the ATC even though we overloaded him at the beginning. lol

Looking forward to the next event with more ATC and hopefully a slightly longer flying time. I was in fuel conservation mode from takeoff and still had 8,050 lbs of fuel remaining in my A-10 at shutdown. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So flying for the first time with live ATC and not being english native, I truly suck...:doh: but hey, you have to start somewhere.

Thanks to all the organizers, really appreciate the effort.

Had a great time, awaiting the next event (count me in)

I'm calling all you simmers out there to join the next event. Live ATC really enhance the experience. At the end we are all looking for the highest realism in a DCS module, than why not in ATC?

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Awesome event from the 104th Phoenix again, I really loved it! I was struggling with the read back at times but considering I never have been in an ATC situation like this with an aircraft before I feel I made progress with this event. And I also want to thank all the other players for making this such a great event, thank you. The two TAW flights that had no technical issues made its way to WHISKEY and one also got all the way to INDIA and back, great flying Napoleon! I hope for an not too distant future that it will be possibility to have military controllers for a couple of the airports during other events and that will add much to the realism of this great simulator, and at the same time clean up the airports for takeoff and landings. I see we have some challenges with that from a communication standpoint but the system the 104th used yesterday worked perfectly but is somewhat limited in the number of channels you can use. We really need a good radio in-game for all aircraft types. I also hope ED fixes the tankers at some point so we can refuel all the way. I was so concentrated at the lights when I refueled that I forgot to look at the fuel level and refueled all the way up and got unlimited fuel and just had to ditch the aircraft.

Great event, thank you 104th for making my Sunday a blast! You rock :thumbup:

Great flying, I really had a blast! I hope that we will have more community events like this, thanks for making it possible! Thanks pYlot for the wonderful ATC, can I pick up my canopy at the lost and found?

I already sold it :D