TID is not horizon stablized - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #11
Rabbisaur

(Please check the screen shot in my previous post in the previous page if you only see this)

It makes thinking that this might be something deeper. It might be the reason behind my previous bug report:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249216

I’ve been busy recently. It will be great if some one can also test this. I will test it again when I have time.

Last edited by Rabbisaur; 12-10-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Rabbisaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:53 PM   #12
mattag08

Since the TID has no indication of the radar gimbal limts, you should reference your heading before the crank and just turn 55-60 degrees of heading change as opposed to trying to use the TID for cranks. Make sure to begin rolling out at about 45 degrees because you will continue to turn until the wings are completely level. I just tested it again and had no issues. You can reference the MB (Magnetic Bearing) which is the bandit's bearing relative to your nose as well and keep it between 300-60.
mattag08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #13
Naquaii
3rd Party Developer

I might be misunderstanding you but your images shows nothing wrong. Both the VDI and the TID indicate the target to be to the right of your current azimuth. That does not change with bank angle.
Naquaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #14
Rabbisaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquaii View Post
I might be misunderstanding you but your images shows nothing wrong. Both the VDI and the TID indicate the target to be to the right of your current azimuth. That does not change with bank angle.
Dear Naquaii, thank you so much for reply to my post. In the screen shot, on the TID you can see a line, indicating the radar pointing direction. In pd stt mode. It always link from F14(self) to the target. However in P-STT. The line point to some strange place depending on your bank angle a lot.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #15
Rabbisaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattag08 View Post
Since the TID has no indication of the radar gimbal limts, you should reference your heading before the crank and just turn 55-60 degrees of heading change as opposed to trying to use the TID for cranks. Make sure to begin rolling out at about 45 degrees because you will continue to turn until the wings are completely level. I just tested it again and had no issues. You can reference the MB (Magnetic Bearing) which is the bandit's bearing relative to your nose as well and keep it between 300-60.
Thank you for your reply. I’m quite experienced with F14 and fox1 blueflag PVP server. So I’m pretty confident that 1) I know gimbals and how to crank efficiently 2) I know that I’m reporting a real bug.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #16
Naquaii
3rd Party Developer

Ok, I think I might see what you mean, is the highlighted target the supposedely locked target? If so the line should still be pointing at it and that would be a bug. I'll see if we can reproduce.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:50 PM   #17
Rabbisaur

Hi, Naquaii, I've just tested again, in PD-STT it is the same, the line direction is depends on your bank angle. It is more likely the line is in a wrong coordinate reference..
Old 12-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #18
Naquaii
3rd Party Developer

Confirmed, there seems to be a bug regarding the target range tape in STT, the error increasing with roll angle and azimuth deflection from ADL.

Will add a tracker and tell our radar guy.

Last edited by Naquaii; 12-10-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:07 AM   #19
Rabbisaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquaii View Post
Confirmed, there seems to be a bug regarding the target range tape in STT, the error increasing with roll angle and azimuth deflection from ADL.

Will add a tracker and tell our radar guy.
Dear Naquaii,

With some careful testing, I confirmed that this little bug is linked to my previous report that switch between PD-STT and P-STT will cause lose of lock.

Whenever the line is not pointing to the target due to bank angle, if player or jester switch between PD-STT and P-STT at that moment, the lock will break immediately.

I guess it will also solve a long standing question why Jestor is so bad at maintaining STT lock. (Because he will switch to P-STT when the target is within 10NM, most of the time F14 is cranking at that moment, causing the line pointing away from the target, thus breaks lock)

Please look into it a little bit more. Just try switching between PD-STT/ P-STT. (with a little hack, i.e. with some key bind modding, You will be able to test it easily in the pilot seat in that case)

I love your F14 module so much that I wish it to be perfect. Please take a look into this issue as well, and I wish you all the best in the development!

With love and all my respect of the developer team.

Rabbisaur

Last edited by Rabbisaur; 12-11-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:29 PM   #20
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbisaur View Post
Dear Naquaii,

With some careful testing, I confirmed that this little bug is linked to my previous report that switch between PD-STT and P-STT will cause lose of lock.
That connection makes totally sense to me and it would be great if STT mode switching wuld become more reliable because of this bug getting fixed

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote