DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

No, there is still no release date. But it seems a release is not far away

It would be nice if they were to sneak the release on us before Christmas. I wonder the reason no date is given now is due to the community flak if they miss the date so instead of announcing it now they could announce the release the same day of the announcement. :music_whistling::pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It would be nice if they were to sneak the release on us before Christmas. I wonder the reason no date is given now is due to the community flak if they miss the date so instead of announcing it now they could announce the release the same day of the announcement. :music_whistling::pilotfly:

Hahaha...Obvious. 'it's done, when it's done' and this 'everything is a subject to change' :D :D :D :D lol.gif

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I do hope we get a new S-3 rather sooner than later. This old model will stand out way to much on the nice new carriers :D.

Was probably already asked and answered before... but...

If somebody won't /can't buy the carrier, will he still be able to fly on the same server? What can he use as a NOT-Owner? No landing permission? Bolter Calls and no successfull wire catch? :lol:

Don't get me wrong. Instant buy for me, no question asked. But my wing had a couple of Viper lovers which were really in a hurry to never have to land the hornet ever again on a carrier... Those will not really be interested in buying a new carrier. But we still like to fly with them on the same server... :joystick:

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Was probably already asked and answered before... but...

If somebody won't /can't buy the carrier, will he still be able to fly on the same server? What can he use as a NOT-Owner? No landing permission? Bolter Calls and no successfull wire catch? :lol:

Wires and catapults will be inoperable if you don't own it, iirc.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Wires and catapults will be inoperable if you don't own it, iirc.

a fair way would also be, if the carrier would just reject your radio requests. since carrier coms is a major selling point, this alone would take a big chunck of utility away from non-paying players without really breaking the immersion...

No problem.

:doh:

Just wrong in so many ways.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

:doh:

Just wrong in so many ways.

Can we get a realistic Air Boss modeled? I want to hear the ensuing conversation, one-sided though it may be.

I have to assume the new model, with functioning CIWS, RAM, and Sparrow wouldn't have this problem...

:joystick::megalol:

Can we get a realistic Air Boss modeled? I want to hear the ensuing conversation, one-sided though it may be.

I have to assume the new model, with functioning CIWS, RAM, and Sparrow wouldn't have this problem...

:joystick::megalol:

I think in one of the newsletters it was mentioned that 5MC comms would be available, so there is chance we get to hear him ranting :)

It's very interesting that ~98% of these questions and new threads are not being answered. Maybe ED is waiting to release the info on their terms, ie newsletter or release video. Hopefully more info will be released within the next 2 weeks.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

It's very interesting that ~98% of these questions and new threads are not being answered. Maybe ED is waiting to release the info on their terms, ie newsletter or release video. Hopefully more info will be released within the next 2 weeks.
As we are getting closer to the release, I am sure more information will follow in the next weeks (probarbly in tomorrow newsletter)

I think it's safe to say it won't be this year.:cry:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

I think it's safe to say it won't be this year.:cry:
Or there is still one more pleasant surprise package in the offing.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Or there is still one more pleasant surprise package in the offing.

Nah I highly doubt it. They've done a lot as far as end-of-year updates so don't get me wrong, I am grateful, but this module is such a mystery and the mystery is killing me.

but this module is such a mystery and the mystery is killing me.

Yeah I get the feeling. From the little we have been allowed to know about the dcs supercarrier, It has never been so represented in the sim world like this.

My anticipation is strong. The money to buy this is conveniently and safely tucked away.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 3 weeks later...
;)

It's not possible for something to be "(…) mostly non-existent in reality"

Things either exist - or they don't...

Things can be common or rare, but to be either of those things they have to actually exist.

The single instance of a Russian carrier that exists in reality is in the game.

When it's working, it exists. The Kuznetsov upgrade could include the two tug boats constantly accompanying it, for when it breaks down (= not exist).;)

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Push Back on deck is literally push back, like, by hands... I always thought they would use a tractor...

Will this be part of the animated deck crew / DCS Supercarrier?

Whenever you taxied to edge of deck or too close to tower, asking deck crew for a push back, yes please.

Dozens of deck

, pushing them to lineup and in hangar (I know full P-47 wasn't carrier planes, but idea is the same).

In Wag's AMA, he mentioned we will be able to walk to the jet.

Both of these, walking and push back. If they can be done on the carrier, it would be a little silly to not be able to do that on land. On land you could be towed out of snow or pushed back if facing a building.

Is this a crane for clearing fouled decks? Lifting airplanes? Doesn't seem big enough, maybe it just moves ordnance.

Supercarrier-04.jpg

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Is this a crane for clearing fouled decks? Lifting airplanes? Doesn't seem big enough, maybe it just moves ordnance.

Supercarrier-04.jpg

Yes. Her name is 'Tilly' and she's there for crash & salvage.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Aircraft_crash_and_salvage_cranes

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann