Portable full pneumatic G-Seat VR Pit - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #21
y905

Hello Vamipreone, yes you understand it correctly, we have two kinds of bladders, the "producer bladders" with the servos and the "container bladders", you need the handpump only once because its a closed system, maybe you lost a little bit air from time to time like a car tire then you can "fill" it up again, i try to explain it with examples, i have 12 (6x2) producer bladders, and 7 container bladders, 4x for leglift and butt lift, 3 for pushing roll left,right and middle for pitch,accerlation,i filled up the producer and container bladders for the leg and buttlift each with 50% of maxiimum (so the bladders can have between 0 and 100 fill), the bladders maximum lift range is 5 cm, i caliibrated the start position of the servos so the hold the position when you start, now we start on the runway with 0 percent pitch, you was lifted by the seat 2,5 cm (because filled with 50% ), now we have a 2,5 cm range to lift and dive, you start with for example 20 percent pitch then the seat lift you another 2 cm, then you go to straight flight with 0 percent pitch then the seat goes back to the 2,5 cm height. the same princip in dive when you push the stick, the back bladders are easier to understand, if you roll for example to left with 20 degrees then the right bladder pushes you 2 cm or better with 2 cm pressure feeling (max you know now 5 cm), to make it a little bit more confusing :-) thanks to the ardunio code and the simtools you can mix all and change the range to make the feeling more aggressive or smoother, it sounds a little bit confusing but in reality its very simple, yes sure i tell you everything, i would make a list and where buy at the weekend, if its urgent i look today after the work for the servo specs and where to best buy, now comes the noise, not every servo is the same quailty build, i have 8 big ones, 5 of them are very quiet and 3 of them makes a lot of them, for noise cancelling you have 3 options, first headset, second you can dissamble the noisy servos and grease it, third you can make a housing, yes the idea of using a aces replica with hidden servos wiring and tubing are great, i wish i have the space for a stationary rig, some people may ask why in hell this guy build this thing and are not able to do a accurate wiring,k tubing and housing, the answer is easy, my seat is not only portable it can be folded to use less space, greetins volker
y905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:10 PM   #22
VampireOne

Hello Volker
Yes what you told me is what I have been able to “spy” from your videos.

Have also found the servos and the bladders online. So no need to go hunting for the specs.

Many years ago (198 I worked briefly at an operational F16 simulator and this sim was equipped with a similar setup as it was a fixed base sim.
I am trying to evaluate your setup versus a 3DOF motion cueing system when used with VR. True Gs can not be simulated on our budget (and thank god for that. More than 7 g REALLY is uncomfortable. Believe me. I have had more than 9)
But what it will do is to allow us to fly literally by the seat of our pants.
And thanks to “Tüftlers“ like you it will me accessible to the masses, like me. Thank you for the hard work.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #23
y905

Hello Vampirone, thank you for the kind words, wow 9 g are very impressive, i know g and also take a lot 35 years ago, but not from flying i, was a very good gymnastic at this time and remember very good the g-forces, oh yes the simulators from the army were intersting things, i have the chance to try out the phantom simulator a lot, but i think the f16 simulator was a lot more impressive, have you wishes for the next video? please be careful before you buy a motion sim rig, they are great but if you want to use it in vr you must solve a lot of problems, the software who help you with the tracking problems is not so good what i have read, and motion sickness can become a serious problem in vr, i can also show you how you can easy upgrade my seat with 2 dof, i have all the equipment installed and tested for additional 2 dof in the past but i stopped it very fast after the first test flight, not only motion sickness also the changing cockpit perspectives makes me sick for a whole day
Old 01-28-2019, 05:47 PM   #24
rrohde
Veteran

@y905 - If you ever plan on making a product out of this that includes everything needed, I would certainly buy it. Are there plans for that?

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #25
VampireOne

V905
No I Will probably start off with your design and develop from there If needed.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #26
y905

hello rrhode, sorry i do it only for fun and have no plans to sell it, but i will share all my knowledge and codes for the ardunio and so on if you are interested, believe me i can guide you trough the building process and can show you how to use the software and the ardunio codes, if you have three months and was a little talented in buildung things im shure you can built it by your own, there is japanese simulator company who sell a similar setup but first it was very expensive i think it was around 1000 bucks and the second thing they use if remember correctly only 4 bladders and a noise compressor and magnetiv valves.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #27
mcage

Y905, looking forward to detailed instructions and the part list.
Have the same setup with playseat challange and jetseat addon, plus some inducers and windsim but use it mainly for racing.
But also for racing missed some feedback like g-seat can supply.

Funny thing I was looking at something pneumatic just before stumbling upon your post here. So besides sim flying there is even more potential also for racing
mcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:05 PM   #28
y905

Hello mcage, sorry my family and i catch a cold so this weekend i am not able to do video and part list, i will try it next weekend, oh yes the playseat with the jetseat works very well, a fan in vr is a great idea and gives you certainly a nice cabrio feeling while you are racing, in the meantime you can go to the simtools forum and checkout the racing sim plugins, they have tons of it from project cars to eurotrucksimulator, what racing sim are your favourite ? greetings volker
Old 02-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #29
VampireOne

Get Well soon, Volker

Old 02-04-2019, 10:50 PM   #30
y905

Default step by step building tutorial with materials, prices, dimensions..

thanks vampirone, now we start building, as promised i make the first building tutorial with all the information you need to built one by yourself, youtube forced me to split tje videos because the videos are very long, today i was not able to embed the videos so i give you the direct link to the bulding tuts, hope you are now able to start with your own buildings, volker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bglHRhkqiC4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTDMlZCSulQ&t=569s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqCV8MWeg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysl3qLKRNkw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD_FIEaUU9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myH630kVGcI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Sucx9ZwW8