GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT - Page 222 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #2211
slipstream21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream21 View Post
I only fly the Huey and I love the buttkicker during start-up getting the thump of the rotors in my seat but it goes all to cock when at full revs. So I’m interested in what effects are replicated in the Huey. Thanks.

Ok tried to order but shipping states up to 60days. No other options available.
Well the start-up sequence is perfect but it all goes to rat shit at full revs with just a very unrealistic vibration. I’ve gone back to my butt kicker which is better imo.
slipstream21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #2212
sydost

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream21 View Post
Well the start-up sequence is perfect but it all goes to rat shit at full revs with just a very unrealistic vibration. I’ve gone back to my butt kicker which is better imo.
Try to reduce strength of some effects within SimShaker for Aviators. I have reduced "Main Rotor Whirl High" to 10 and I think it gives better feel. Too much vibration just masks the effects.
sydost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:30 AM   #2213
f4l0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydost View Post
Try to reduce strength of some effects within SimShaker for Aviators. I have reduced "Main Rotor Whirl High" to 10 and I think it gives better feel. Too much vibration just masks the effects.

Yep :-). Finding the personal optimal settings takes some times. Especially, reducing some effects might bring some really nice results... Using the G-Feeling effect with the helos is also quite nice. This reduces the main rotor effect when 'falling'. Really cool when flying close to ridges

Feel the brrrrttt:
[Official] SimShaker for Aviators Forums thread at ED forums
SimShaker blog - transfer game effects into the real world
SimShaker Soundmodule with Voicemeeter Banana Setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

DCS Toggle Switches

System specs: Intel i7-8700k, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, lots of SSDs
Flightgear: Oculus Rift, Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Bass shaker
f4l0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #2214
BudgietheLittleHelicopter

Hi Andre, after about two years of use one of the motors is dead. Do you have any tips for repairing or replacing it?
BudgietheLittleHelicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #2215
=Andre=
Veteran

Hi Laurens,
yes, I have. First of all give it some good punches, it may just has temporarily got stuck.
If still no luck I will provide you with a replacement for a moderate price.

=Andre= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #2216
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4l0 View Post
Yep :-). Finding the personal optimal settings takes some times. Especially, reducing some effects might bring some really nice results... Using the G-Feeling effect with the helos is also quite nice. This reduces the main rotor effect when 'falling'. Really cool when flying close to ridges
Maybe you could provide some pre-made profiles that capture some of those settings/tweaks for more fidelity? I know that I can tweak everything myself, but something pre-made from the developer's mind would be nice to have.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:38 PM   #2217
f4l0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Maybe you could provide some pre-made profiles that capture some of those settings/tweaks for more fidelity? I know that I can tweak everything myself, but something pre-made from the developer's mind would be nice to have.
I try to adjust the effects according to the feedback I get from real pilots, however, every setup is slightly different, e.g., different seat revisions, cushions etc.
But, I would encourage the community to share their settings!

Feel the brrrrttt:
[Official] SimShaker for Aviators Forums thread at ED forums
SimShaker blog - transfer game effects into the real world
SimShaker Soundmodule with Voicemeeter Banana Setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

DCS Toggle Switches

System specs: Intel i7-8700k, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, lots of SSDs
Flightgear: Oculus Rift, Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Bass shaker
f4l0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #2218
Sporg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgietheLittleHelicopter View Post
Hi Andre, after about two years of use one of the motors is dead. Do you have any tips for repairing or replacing it?
Check if it is the motor itself, or the connection.
I had one motor go dead, turned out the wire for it had broken internally.

The wires are a bit stiff, so they can break, especially in the bottom part where you stretch the seat more when you sit.
Sporg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #2219
BudgietheLittleHelicopter

Thanks André and Sporg, I wil check in a couple of days and let you know.
BudgietheLittleHelicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #2220
y905

Hello Andre, i received your great seat an love it, i use it with the samsung odyssey and it works perfect, i would also thank you and f4l0 for the great software, do you think its possible to drive 2 jetseats with a y-usb cable on one computer? the reason i ask i think about to build a g-seat with servos in addition to your seat
y905 is offline   Reply With Quote