WANTED - update on VKB Throttle

Davee

Good luck with that one...

:megalol:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Title says it all.

You will probably have better luck winning the lottery :music_whistling:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Thank you for your attention to our project.

We are working on it full ahead.

There is no, and will be no hurry in such an interesting, challenging, complex project.

We are determined to allow it as much time as it will be necessary.

We don't consider it a race to be concluded by a certain date, or before some other manufacturer releases a similar product, or whatever.

Rather, it is an on-going effort to create The Throttle.

As soon as The Throttle is ready to hit the market (in fact, a few weeks ahead of that) we will release an official announcement.

Please rest assured we are not wasting time. But neither we will sacrifice an ounce of quality to gain a month of time.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Thank you for your attention to our project.

We are working on it full ahead.

There is no, and will be no hurry in such an interesting, challenging, complex project.

We are determined to allow it as much time as it will be necessary.

We don't consider it a race to be concluded by a certain date, or before some other manufacturer releases a similar product, or whatever.

Rather, it is an on-going effort to create The Throttle.

As soon as The Throttle is ready to hit the market (in fact, a few weeks ahead of that) we will release an official announcement.

Please rest assured we are not wasting time. But neither we will sacrifice an ounce of quality to gain a month of time.

Just asked for an update - no mention of specific dates on release or asking to hurry and don't care about race with other products. Just a comment or two on how it is progressing - is all. After all, you guys did release pics and such which one would think would require some follow-up?

Doesn't pay to read too much into a simple question. I can spend my money anywhere.

Just asked for an update - no mention of specific dates on release or asking to hurry and don't care about race with other products. Just a comment or two on how it is progressing - is all.
Indeed - no update for a long time. However there is nothing to share - we are not making yet another version of a long-established design but trying to create something different. Sharing innovative ideas is suicidal. Sharing computer rendered images - boring.

So nothing I can say besides what I have said already: we're on it full steam.

When will it come? - when it is ready. Years? - probably, not so long. Weeks? - sure no.

It is coming closer by the day, this is the fact!

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

That's ok, last I checked the Warthog throttle was still very much available.

I will pay no attention to these throttle threads here, as obviously it is going to be way down the road.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you want info on a VKB product, might I recommend you ask VKB?

In case you hadn't noticed, this is an Eagle Dynamics website and forum, for Eagle Dynamics and Digital Combat Simulator questions and answers. Joystick manufacturers allegedly have their own websites too - go figure!

In case you hadn't noticed, this is an Eagle Dynamics website and forum, for Eagle Dynamics and Digital Combat Simulator questions and answers. Joystick manufacturers allegedly have their own websites too - go figure!

Ahem, but you might have noticed, that this is the VKB Subforum, so IMHO it is legitimate, to ask questions about products of VKB here, so that interested users might be informed as well.

Just saying... :music_whistling:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

At the same time they have their own pinned threads in the forum here, which they participate and put announcements in.

Don B

In case YOU hadn't noticed the title of this section is VKB-SIM Flight Gear!

Condescension in kind!

Of course I've checked the VKB site so what's your problem with folks asking here - you know, just in case somebody has a line on information - what?

• 2 weeks later...
Just asked for an update - no mention of specific dates on release or asking to hurry and don't care about race with other products. Just a comment or two on how it is progressing - is all. After all, you guys did release pics and such which one would think would require some follow-up?

Doesn't pay to read too much into a simple question. I can spend my money anywhere.

lol your wasting your time with these guys, cryptic responses, they announce products, build up the hype and then full of excuses on delays and other nonsense. They have a history of it.

lol your wasting your time with these guys, cryptic responses, they announce products, build up the hype and then full of excuses on delays and other nonsense. They have a history of it.

Yeah I love my VKB Product, in fact now have a Mk III on order. They do very high quality work.

But I agree at least partly on the communication, I was pretty hyped about the throttle when it was announced but have since become meh about it. Not sure I will even live to see it at this point lol.

At least when they announced the Mk III Gunfighter it did not take them long on it.

Don B

I believe (I can't know) that VKB throttle will be excellent by the quality, based that to knowledge of their previous products.

But only thing that really makes me wonder, is that how long travel does the throttle have?

Based to my experience with CH throttle and Thrustmaster 16.000 throttle, that are those few sliding design throttles, that the sliding distance in VKB could be too short.

I would like to see at least about 15-20 cm. As CH throttle has only a 4.5 cm travel distance, and TM.16000 offers only a 7.5 cm as well, even when it is 3 cm more than CH, it is still little.

That is the big benefit of the turning throttles that one gets much longer travel distance, but as home controller can't be a deep like in real aircraft, the turning angle is very tight. And so on the throttles will tilt a lot, among all the buttons, hats and switches. What makes those often unsuitable for many of the tasks when pulling throttle back or having it at middle position and compared it to when throttle is fully forward. And as real throttle can have very long arm, the turning angle can be very long and so on the throttle doesn't in reality tilt so much at all.

Why I totally prefer the sliding design like the Soviet designs are example Su-25, Mig-21, Mig-29, Su-27 and so on.

I am already prepared to make my own throttle for fighters in sliding design, as well own collective for helicopters. But I am still waiting VKB design for at least the fighter throttle as it would make things far more easier to just plug it to the same blackbox with joystick and pedals.

Already 15 cm distance would be great feature, but 20 cm would probably be amazing.

As I am not going to need extra switches and buttons on the main throttle base rear or front parts, I would like to have few rotaries side of it. But that is idea of the modularity of the VKB, that you then can buy the button/switch/dial boxes that you mount to the throttle and this way extend the control input possibilities. But you can't extend further the sliding mechanism in throttle once it is set.

I can fly with the CH throttle at such accuracy that example in AV-8B Harrier I can set my engine power at 0.3-0.4% accuracy, that is well in line of its 255 step pot resolution, but while it is not required to be higher resolution for a such aircraft, the normal operation would just become far more easier with longer travel like 20 cm, instead 4.5 cm. It would be far nicer to be able without looking set engine from 60% to 80% RPM with good travel distance, than now be more careful about throttle movement to get it there.

And that really is my only wish to see what happens in the final design. Happy even for 10 cm travel, 15 cm would make great, but 20 cm would be dream to come true.

I was expecting to see the throttle out at 2018 or 2019, but if it goes to 2020, it is OK. But 2021 would be like waiting Godot...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hopefully the throttle will have enough throw to have reasonable AB and Idle/Off detents.

If it does not have them then I will take a pass on it.

Don B

• 3 months later...
Indeed - no update for a long time. However there is nothing to share - we are not making yet another version of a long-established design but trying to create something different. Sharing innovative ideas is suicidal. Sharing computer rendered images - boring.

So nothing I can say besides what I have said already: we're on it full steam.

When will it come? - when it is ready. Years? - probably, not so long. Weeks? - sure no.

It is coming closer by the day, this is the fact!

The product was announced in 2017 so most likely it started even before that and now we're in 2020 and still nothing!

You said not years and not weeks, so that could be another year waiting.

The product was announced in 2017 so most likely it started even before that and now we're in 2020 and still nothing!

You said not years and not weeks, so that could be another year waiting.

Yes, VKB used to be notorious for giving promises about product availability timing that didn't materialize. However they've learned the lesson- now they are not specifying the exact dates, which is wise. But their products are for sure the best in class- I'm saying that with not less than five VKB products in front of me that are really top-notch. So it' s really worth the wait...

I had to go with a Warthog throttle as I await the VKB throttle. I was considering the Virpil throttle but no afterburner detents prevented me with going ahead.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders