Goodbye Asus - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #11
Sn8ke_iis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb71 View Post
Well, that does not sound good, either.
If you want to take the word of a young guy named Buildzoid who spends a lot of time tearing down components be my guest. Having wealthy parents and time to make videos an expert does not make. If you skim over his videos he's a self taught electronics tech at best. If he actually knew what he was talking about he would be working for Asus or one of their competitors designing these things not trying to get views from gamers. And then the experts regurgitate and cite him until it becomes fact. Marketing for the gullible. I could be full of excrement too but I don't pretend to understand things that I actually don't. What's his physics and math background? I don't get paid by these companies. I own stock in them. I might get a Youtube channel going someday but I won't make any money from it.

All these companies know that people come to the forums or watch Youtube channels for word of mouth and try and create positive word of mouth for their products and negative word of mouth for competitors products. Social media is a big part of EVGA marketing. The marketing people must laugh when gamers do their work for them.

Pit:
Samsung Q6FN 65" Panel | SoundblasterX G6 DAC | Sennheiser PC 363D headphones | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/center extension, MFDs | Vipergear IPC | Buddyfox UFC | Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Trim Wheel | MFG Pedals | Playseat Flightseat | Monstertech HOTAS mount | Gametrix Jetseat
Sn8ke_iis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #12
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8ke_iis View Post
If you want to take the word of a young guy named Buildzoid who spends a lot of time tearing down components be my guest. Having wealthy parents and time to make videos an expert does not make. If you skim over his videos he's a self taught electronics tech at best. If he actually knew what he was talking about he would be working for Asus or one of their competitors designing these things not trying to get views from gamers. And then the experts regurgitate and cite him until it becomes fact. Marketing for the gullible. I could be full of excrement too but I don't pretend to understand things that I actually don't. What's his physics and math background? I don't get paid by these companies. I own stock in them. I might get a Youtube channel going someday but I won't make any money from it.

All these companies know that people come to the forums or watch Youtube channels for word of mouth and try and create positive word of mouth for their products and negative word of mouth for competitors products. Social media is a big part of EVGA marketing. The marketing people must laugh when gamers do their work for them.

Well, I mean... it's just about as good as taking the word of a guy named "sn8ke" on a video game forum.

~Moo
StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:39 PM   #13
RustBelt

It's not really, one guy is talking critical thinking and media awareness, the other is a putz on youtube attempting to sell you something. I watched the video and in the first 2 minutes I heard probably, i think, and maybe along with a constant obnoxious clicking from his mouse (because I guess people like that?) He's making an authoritative video but isn't even checking his facts before recording or posting, and he isn't actually proving chips he says are there are actually those chips. He actually immediately draws over them. He also never PROVES it's actually a functional problem, he just scribbles crap all over the screen.

AND here's the big one......The video was brought to you by the "NZXT" whatever ugly case.

Guess what else NZXT makes? If you guessed Motherboards, congrats, you just learned how this dude bridges the gap between 500K subscriber add rev and his mortgage payment.
RustBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #14
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
Strong words.
Do you have a link backing up that statement?
What?! This is an internet forum, I believe it's against the rules to back your statements with facts. You are expected at all times to make only unsubstantiated claims, the more dramatic the better.

In his defense, I think Asus is overpriced bs that is losing ground to competitors.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:17 PM   #15
Sn8ke_iis

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Well, I mean... it's just about as good as taking the word of a guy named "sn8ke" on a video game forum.
Feel free to search my benchmark scores on 3dmark. They speak for themselves. The guys that beat me use liquid nitrogen or chillers. I live in a cold climate though. I might have put my rig outside for a few of those benchmarks but I'll never admit it under oath.

There's this guy named Kingpin. I think his real name is Vinnie "something Italian". He works with a Russian electrical engineer that goes by the name of Tin for EVGA. If you don't know who they are you should look them up. They are better at this than anybody I know of. They actually know what they are talking about. Der8auer is well regarded as well but works for Asus. Those are the people I listen to and learned from for OC. I started building PC's in the 1980's when I was a kid and my mom worked for IBM. I played the first version of Microsoft Flight Simulator on the original IBM PC. I'm pretty new to the whole OC thing and liquid cooling though. When people first started taking soldering irons to their motherboards, changing crystals, rigging up aquarium pumps, and whatever people could improvise from Home Depot., I though all that stuff was crazy. Overclocking is much more accessible now. There are lots of safety features built into these boards these days. Just need to be careful of heat or voltage too far outside the rated specs for that chip. Those professional overclockers go through high end chips like candy. Liquid cooling is fun, but I recommend hybrid and AIO for most people. Feel free to shoot me any messages if you guys have questions about building your rig. I'll make time for fellow DCS fans.

Pit:
Samsung Q6FN 65" Panel | SoundblasterX G6 DAC | Sennheiser PC 363D headphones | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/center extension, MFDs | Vipergear IPC | Buddyfox UFC | Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Trim Wheel | MFG Pedals | Playseat Flightseat | Monstertech HOTAS mount | Gametrix Jetseat

Last edited by Sn8ke_iis; 02-06-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Sn8ke_iis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:22 PM   #16
Headwarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8ke_iis View Post
Feel free to search my benchmark scores on 3dmark. They speak for themselves. The guys that beat me use liquid nitrogen or chillers. I live in a cold climate though. I might have put my rig outside for a few of those benchmarks but I'll never admit it under oath.
I mean.. seems those VRMS are holding up then.
Win 10 pro 64bit i7 8700k @ 4.9ghz (all cores) - EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3200 16CAS, 970 Evo 250Gb boot drive, pny 480gb sata 3 SSDx2, 4TB HDD - Acer Predator x34 (3440x1440@100hz), Samsung Odyssey WMR, - Peripherals = msffb2 for heli/prop planes, warthog (for jets), -Warthog throttle, Logitech G13, MFG Crosswinds
Headwarp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:56 AM   #17
BitMaster
Veteran

This is called FREEDOM of CHOICE.

You can choose whom you listen to and make up your own opinion.

No one forces anybody to watch any of those vids.

If you dont like them, dont watch them.

No need to discredit that guy.
Asus Strix Z370-E - Intel i7-8700K@5.2G_delidded - 32GB 3200/3600MHz - Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon 2050/12006- 1x 960Evo 250GB - 2x 850Pro 256GB Raid-0 - 1 x 840 Evo 250GB PageFile - 2x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@4x180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz@60Hz - Oculus Rift VR - Win10Pro64 - Slave to the Machine
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #18
Infiltrator

Let's just look at the facts and not get personal. Did Asus save money with their marketed "twin 8 VRM"? Yes. Is Asus charging more money for their inferior Z390 board? Yes. Do the phase 4 VRM run hotter than phase 8 VRMs? Yes. Is overclocking with a phase 4 VRM board arguably harder to do than a board with an 8 phase VRM? Yes.

Unless this Asus scandal turns out that having 'less is more' Asus has been trying to scam their customers. It doesn't get much more simpler than that. There's no sugar coating it just because up to now Asus' products have been sublime. Asus' reputation would have been taken a massive hit over this. Not because I said, but because people who buy their premiere products tend to use their brain to form their own opinions. Of course, Asus will now attempt to whoa back the customers they've lost to Gigabyte by releasing a board with stellar VRM set to blow the competition away, but we'll still be left asking ourselves " why" did Asus make such a stupid decision to market their "twin" BS!
Thermaltake Overseer RX-I Chassis|1000W EVGA SuperNOVA G3|Windows 10 Pro 64Bit|i7 5820K 3.3Ghz@4.1|Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme|Asus X99 Deluxe|Asus Strix GTX 1080| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 960 NVMe 512GB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals| Thrustmaster Warthog
Infiltrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #19
etherbattx

wow.
you need some sugar.
etherbattx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #20
BitMaster
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
Let's just look at the facts and not get personal. Did Asus save money with their marketed "twin 8 VRM"? Yes. Is Asus charging more money for their inferior Z390 board? Yes. Do the phase 4 VRM run hotter than phase 8 VRMs? Yes. Is overclocking with a phase 4 VRM board arguably harder to do than a board with an 8 phase VRM? Yes.

Unless this Asus scandal turns out that having 'less is more' Asus has been trying to scam their customers. It doesn't get much more simpler than that. There's no sugar coating it just because up to now Asus' products have been sublime. Asus' reputation would have been taken a massive hit over this. Not because I said, but because people who buy their premiere products tend to use their brain to form their own opinions. Of course, Asus will now attempt to whoa back the customers they've lost to Gigabyte by releasing a board with stellar VRM set to blow the competition away, but we'll still be left asking ourselves " why" did Asus make such a stupid decision to market their "twin" BS!
Have you read the technical info from Asus to HardOCP's Kyle WHY they did it this way ?

I guess not.

Does it overclock harder ? I dont think so, depends on your skills and knowledge too, not only THE board and THE VRM's, there is more to it, it aint that easy to say "They are BAD". That's too easy and unfair.

Make your own test and publish it, like others do that say with confidence its NOT the lesser solution, just different.

I am in no way defending Asus, I have my own story with them, but it's not that easy and just bashing doesnt help us here.
Asus Strix Z370-E - Intel i7-8700K@5.2G_delidded - 32GB 3200/3600MHz - Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon 2050/12006- 1x 960Evo 250GB - 2x 850Pro 256GB Raid-0 - 1 x 840 Evo 250GB PageFile - 2x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@4x180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz@60Hz - Oculus Rift VR - Win10Pro64 - Slave to the Machine
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote