Goodbye Asus - Page 2 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #11
Sn8ke_iis
Member
 
Sn8ke_iis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Rocky Mountains, USA
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb71 View Post
Well, that does not sound good, either.
If you want to take the word of a young guy named Buildzoid who spends a lot of time tearing down components be my guest. Having wealthy parents and time to make videos an expert does not make. If you skim over his videos he's a self taught electronics tech at best. If he actually knew what he was talking about he would be working for Asus or one of their competitors designing these things not trying to get views from gamers. And then the experts regurgitate and cite him until it becomes fact. Marketing for the gullible. I could be full of excrement too but I don't pretend to understand things that I actually don't. What's his physics and math background? I don't get paid by these companies. I own stock in them. I might get a Youtube channel going someday but I won't make any money from it.

All these companies know that people come to the forums or watch Youtube channels for word of mouth and try and create positive word of mouth for their products and negative word of mouth for competitors products. Social media is a big part of EVGA marketing. The marketing people must laugh when gamers do their work for them.
__________________
Rig: Winter '18/19
Asus ROG Max XI Formula | Intel 9900K @ 5.1 GHz | Nvidia 2080 Ti @ 2085 MHz SLI | EK Custom Loop | Gskill 32 GB DDR4 @ 3300 MHz | Samsung 512 GB, 1 TB NVMe SSDs | Asus 1200w PSU

Pit:
Samsung Q6FN 65" Panel | SoundblasterX G6 DAC | Sennheiser PC 363D headphones | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/center extension, MFDs | Vipergear IPC | Buddyfox UFC | Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Trim Wheel | MFG Pedals | Playseat Flightseat | Monstertech HOTAS mount | Gametrix Jetseat
Sn8ke_iis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #12
StandingCow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8ke_iis View Post
If you want to take the word of a young guy named Buildzoid who spends a lot of time tearing down components be my guest. Having wealthy parents and time to make videos an expert does not make. If you skim over his videos he's a self taught electronics tech at best. If he actually knew what he was talking about he would be working for Asus or one of their competitors designing these things not trying to get views from gamers. And then the experts regurgitate and cite him until it becomes fact. Marketing for the gullible. I could be full of excrement too but I don't pretend to understand things that I actually don't. What's his physics and math background? I don't get paid by these companies. I own stock in them. I might get a Youtube channel going someday but I won't make any money from it.

All these companies know that people come to the forums or watch Youtube channels for word of mouth and try and create positive word of mouth for their products and negative word of mouth for competitors products. Social media is a big part of EVGA marketing. The marketing people must laugh when gamers do their work for them.

Well, I mean... it's just about as good as taking the word of a guy named "sn8ke" on a video game forum.
__________________
i7 9700k@ 5GHZ - 32 GB RAM - 1080TI

~Moo
StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:39 PM   #13
RustBelt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Posts: 72
Default

It's not really, one guy is talking critical thinking and media awareness, the other is a putz on youtube attempting to sell you something. I watched the video and in the first 2 minutes I heard probably, i think, and maybe along with a constant obnoxious clicking from his mouse (because I guess people like that?) He's making an authoritative video but isn't even checking his facts before recording or posting, and he isn't actually proving chips he says are there are actually those chips. He actually immediately draws over them. He also never PROVES it's actually a functional problem, he just scribbles crap all over the screen.

AND here's the big one......The video was brought to you by the "NZXT" whatever ugly case.

Guess what else NZXT makes? If you guessed Motherboards, congrats, you just learned how this dude bridges the gap between 500K subscriber add rev and his mortgage payment.
RustBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #14
zhukov032186
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Posts: 1,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
Strong words.
Do you have a link backing up that statement?
What?! This is an internet forum, I believe it's against the rules to back your statements with facts. You are expected at all times to make only unsubstantiated claims, the more dramatic the better.

In his defense, I think Asus is overpriced bs that is losing ground to competitors.
__________________
Zhukov attacks *FORUM USER* with Legendary Trollsword!
*FORUM USER* Constitution save roll.... Fail!
*FORUM USER* afflicted with ''Hurt Feelz'', -1 Concentration for two rounds
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:17 PM   #15
Sn8ke_iis
Member
 
Sn8ke_iis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Rocky Mountains, USA
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Well, I mean... it's just about as good as taking the word of a guy named "sn8ke" on a video game forum.
Feel free to search my benchmark scores on 3dmark. They speak for themselves. The guys that beat me use liquid nitrogen or chillers. I live in a cold climate though. I might have put my rig outside for a few of those benchmarks but I'll never admit it under oath.

There's this guy named Kingpin. I think his real name is Vinnie "something Italian". He works with a Russian electrical engineer that goes by the name of Tin for EVGA. If you don't know who they are you should look them up. They are better at this than anybody I know of. They actually know what they are talking about. Der8auer is well regarded as well but works for Asus. Those are the people I listen to and learned from for OC. I started building PC's in the 1980's when I was a kid and my mom worked for IBM. I played the first version of Microsoft Flight Simulator on the original IBM PC. I'm pretty new to the whole OC thing and liquid cooling though. When people first started taking soldering irons to their motherboards, changing crystals, rigging up aquarium pumps, and whatever people could improvise from Home Depot., I though all that stuff was crazy. Overclocking is much more accessible now. There are lots of safety features built into these boards these days. Just need to be careful of heat or voltage too far outside the rated specs for that chip. Those professional overclockers go through high end chips like candy. Liquid cooling is fun, but I recommend hybrid and AIO for most people. Feel free to shoot me any messages if you guys have questions about building your rig. I'll make time for fellow DCS fans.
__________________
Rig: Winter '18/19
Asus ROG Max XI Formula | Intel 9900K @ 5.1 GHz | Nvidia 2080 Ti @ 2085 MHz SLI | EK Custom Loop | Gskill 32 GB DDR4 @ 3300 MHz | Samsung 512 GB, 1 TB NVMe SSDs | Asus 1200w PSU

Pit:
Samsung Q6FN 65" Panel | SoundblasterX G6 DAC | Sennheiser PC 363D headphones | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/center extension, MFDs | Vipergear IPC | Buddyfox UFC | Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Trim Wheel | MFG Pedals | Playseat Flightseat | Monstertech HOTAS mount | Gametrix Jetseat

Last edited by Sn8ke_iis; 02-06-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Sn8ke_iis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:22 PM   #16
Headwarp
Member
 
Headwarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8ke_iis View Post
Feel free to search my benchmark scores on 3dmark. They speak for themselves. The guys that beat me use liquid nitrogen or chillers. I live in a cold climate though. I might have put my rig outside for a few of those benchmarks but I'll never admit it under oath.
I mean.. seems those VRMS are holding up then.
__________________
Win 10 pro 64bit i7 8700k @ 4.9ghz (all cores) - EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3200 16CAS, 970 Evo 250Gb boot drive, pny 480gb sata 3 SSDx2, 4TB HDD - Acer Predator x34 (3440x1440@100hz), Samsung Odyssey WMR, - Peripherals = msffb2 for heli/prop planes, warthog (for jets), -Warthog throttle, Logitech G13, MFG Crosswinds
Headwarp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:56 AM   #17
BitMaster
Veteran
 
BitMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SW-Germany
Posts: 5,477
Default

This is called FREEDOM of CHOICE.

You can choose whom you listen to and make up your own opinion.

No one forces anybody to watch any of those vids.

If you dont like them, dont watch them.


No need to discredit that guy.
__________________
Asus Strix Z370-E - Intel i7-8700K@5.2G_delidded - 32GB 3200/3600MHz - Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon 2050/12006- 1x 960Evo 250GB - 2x 850Pro 256GB Raid-0 - 1 x 840 Evo 250GB PageFile - 2x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@4x180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz@60Hz - Oculus Rift VR - Win10Pro64 - Slave to the Machine
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #18
Infiltrator
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Let's just look at the facts and not get personal. Did Asus save money with their marketed "twin 8 VRM"? Yes. Is Asus charging more money for their inferior Z390 board? Yes. Do the phase 4 VRM run hotter than phase 8 VRMs? Yes. Is overclocking with a phase 4 VRM board arguably harder to do than a board with an 8 phase VRM? Yes.

Unless this Asus scandal turns out that having 'less is more' Asus has been trying to scam their customers. It doesn't get much more simpler than that. There's no sugar coating it just because up to now Asus' products have been sublime. Asus' reputation would have been taken a massive hit over this. Not because I said, but because people who buy their premiere products tend to use their brain to form their own opinions. Of course, Asus will now attempt to whoa back the customers they've lost to Gigabyte by releasing a board with stellar VRM set to blow the competition away, but we'll still be left asking ourselves " why" did Asus make such a stupid decision to market their "twin" BS!
__________________
Thermaltake Overseer RX-I Chassis|1000W EVGA SuperNOVA G3|Windows 10 Pro 64Bit|i7 5820K 3.3Ghz@4.1|Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme|Asus X99 Deluxe|Asus Strix GTX 1080| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 960 NVMe 512GB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals| Thrustmaster Warthog
Infiltrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #19
etherbattx
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 256
Default

wow.
you need some sugar.
etherbattx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #20
BitMaster
Veteran
 
BitMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SW-Germany
Posts: 5,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
Let's just look at the facts and not get personal. Did Asus save money with their marketed "twin 8 VRM"? Yes. Is Asus charging more money for their inferior Z390 board? Yes. Do the phase 4 VRM run hotter than phase 8 VRMs? Yes. Is overclocking with a phase 4 VRM board arguably harder to do than a board with an 8 phase VRM? Yes.

Unless this Asus scandal turns out that having 'less is more' Asus has been trying to scam their customers. It doesn't get much more simpler than that. There's no sugar coating it just because up to now Asus' products have been sublime. Asus' reputation would have been taken a massive hit over this. Not because I said, but because people who buy their premiere products tend to use their brain to form their own opinions. Of course, Asus will now attempt to whoa back the customers they've lost to Gigabyte by releasing a board with stellar VRM set to blow the competition away, but we'll still be left asking ourselves " why" did Asus make such a stupid decision to market their "twin" BS!
Have you read the technical info from Asus to HardOCP's Kyle WHY they did it this way ?

I guess not.

Does it overclock harder ? I dont think so, depends on your skills and knowledge too, not only THE board and THE VRM's, there is more to it, it aint that easy to say "They are BAD". That's too easy and unfair.

Make your own test and publish it, like others do that say with confidence its NOT the lesser solution, just different.

I am in no way defending Asus, I have my own story with them, but it's not that easy and just bashing doesnt help us here.
__________________
Asus Strix Z370-E - Intel i7-8700K@5.2G_delidded - 32GB 3200/3600MHz - Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon 2050/12006- 1x 960Evo 250GB - 2x 850Pro 256GB Raid-0 - 1 x 840 Evo 250GB PageFile - 2x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@4x180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz@60Hz - Oculus Rift VR - Win10Pro64 - Slave to the Machine
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.