I think we should pay for the new CAUCASUS???? - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 03:19 AM   #1
Psicodreamics

Reputation power: 7
Psicodreamics has a spectacular aura aboutPsicodreamics has a spectacular aura aboutPsicodreamics has a spectacular aura aboutPsicodreamics has a spectacular aura aboutPsicodreamics has a spectacular aura about
Default I think we should pay for the new CAUCASUS????

I want to ask you this: Should we pay for the new upcoming Caucasus???. I think it's incredible!!!! For large, It will be the best theater in DCS World. I'm going to explain my oppinion of that question: ED announced Caucasus 2.5 will be free (great for old customers wow) but I think Nevada could be the starting theater for NEW players in 2018. Thinking with logic, Nevada it's only a TRAINING theater and Caucasus is a huge WAR / OPERATIONS map. So beginners will be training first in Nevada for free improving and updating their skills and then they will decide to jump to a paid war operations map like CAUCASUS, NORMANDY or SoH. Sincerely ED is going to suffer risk of no theater sales if new customers get Caucasus first for free. A solution to reward old players and customers could be the possibility of getting Caucasus for free if they bought Nevada or Normandy before 2018. It's only my oppinion and I'm NOT a staff member of ED ha ha.

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 16GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 12-21-2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: title
Old 12-21-2017, 03:57 AM   #2
Harpoon

Reputation power: 8
Harpoon is just really niceHarpoon is just really niceHarpoon is just really niceHarpoon is just really niceHarpoon is just really niceHarpoon is just really niceHarpoon is just really niceHarpoon is just really niceHarpoon is just really nice

Considering we're sharing opinions, well, here's mine, with a twist or two to provide a more direct counterpoint. Forgive the cynicism, but I might as well make my points clear.

A map that I've personally been flying on for over a decade, waiting for an update to modern standards, would be revoked from my ownership. To add insult to injury, I'd have to pay to get it back, paying likely 40 USD or above judging by how the rest of the maps are priced. All to get some desert map for free, one I never asked for.

That's a very odd line of logic.
Quote:
it's only a TRAINING theater and Caucasus is a huge WAR / OPERATIONS map.
Not true. This is an alternate universe. Anything could happen in either theater. You could do anything you wanted in the mission editor, regardless of the map, provided you used your imagination. I have yet to find a combat simulation worth it's salt that makes you pay for the combat.
Quote:
Sincerely ED is going to suffer risk of no theater sales if new customers get Caucasus first for free.
ED would suffer in the realm of sales across the board if all you could initially do was train yourself. You know what the lot of newbies would say to that? "Bo-o-o-ring." They'd think it was a waste of their time, spending an hour or two to install DCS only to find all they have are training missions. If it was advertised that you started out training only until you paid, then they might as well just close their browser tab and forget about downloading DCS.
Quote:
So customers who bought NEVADA or NORMANDY before 2018 could download Caucasus for free.
Your entire determining factor of new vs. old players is whether or not they have ever bought the two maps that are DLC. Now, don't get me wrong when I say this, but most customers don't spend their money on maps just to support Eagle Dynamics. They do it because they want to fly in those maps. Just because I only got the urge to fly in Normandy or Nevada post-2017 doesn't mean I should be punished by having to pull upwards of 40 dollars out of my bank account to get the one theater I initially wanted to fly in back. This is mostly a "me" problem, but there's also the factor of us who have little HDD/SSD space and would not be able to download a different version of DCS at this time.

Again, don't worry about me being any sort of angry at your post. I'm just making myself clear as can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Last edited by Harpoon; 12-21-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:51 AM   #3
Psicodreamics

Psicodreamics has a spectacular aura aboutPsicodreamics has a spectacular aura aboutPsicodreamics has a spectacular aura aboutPsicodreamics has a spectacular aura aboutPsicodreamics has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
A map that I've personally been flying on for over a decade, waiting for an update to modern standards, would be revoked from my ownership.
I think ED is not obligated to give away the new updated Caucasus. they have been taken a lot of work on it and I think all works in the world must be paid. Nevertheless don't worry. they said the 1.5 version will be only discontinued but you could continue playing on this free version.

Quote:
You know what the lot of newbies would say to that? [I]"Bo-o-o-ring."
Nevada... Booring???? ha ha. I disagree, Release a bunch of interesting and immersive campaigns and people will enjoy it a lot. Dogfights with Agressors booring???? Don't make me laugh.

Quote:
customers don't spend their money on maps just to support Eagle Dynamics. They do it because they want to fly in those maps.
I agree. If you want to fly in a new updated map like Caucasus, you should pay for it. This is like if someone give me away a Ferrari. Then I don't want to buy another car, and less if I only have the possibility of buying a new Ford or a new Toyota. the logic is to give away the Ford or the Toyota and pay for the Ferrari, don't you???

Quote:
Again, don't worry about me being any sort of angry at your post. I'm just making myself clear as can be.
Don't worry, at last we are in the same ship

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 16GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

Last edited by Psicodreamics; 12-21-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:00 AM   #4
Locutos

Reputation power: 0
Locutos has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I to have owned the Caucasus map for a long time but think that Ed should receive some recompense for his work. Perhaps those of us who already own the map should get the update at a reduced rate whilst new players pay a premium.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:08 AM   #5
Gladman

Gladman has a spectacular aura aboutGladman has a spectacular aura aboutGladman has a spectacular aura aboutGladman has a spectacular aura aboutGladman has a spectacular aura about

I think the 2 of you got into the Christmas peyote.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:11 AM   #6
azm

Reputation power: 31
azm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to allazm is a name known to all

"Make Caucasus paid again!"
What makes you think that ED does not count money or/and evaluate risks?

Last edited by azm; 12-21-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:21 AM   #7
33-DFTC

Reputation power: 1
33-DFTC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicodreamics View Post
[…]
No.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #8
flexpass

Reputation power: 0
flexpass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicodreamics View Post
I want to ask you this: Should we pay for the new upcoming Caucasus???. I think it's incredible!!!! For large, It will be the best theater in DCS World. I'm going to explain my oppinion of that question: ED announced Caucasus 2.5 will be free (great for old customers wow) but I think Nevada could be the starting theater for NEW players in 2018. Thinking with logic, Nevada it's only a TRAINING theater and Caucasus is a huge WAR / OPERATIONS map. So beginners will be training first in Nevada for free improving and updating their skills and then they will decide to jump to a paid war operations map like CAUCASUS, NORMANDY or SoH. Sincerely ED is going to suffer risk of no theater sales if new customers get Caucasus first for free. A solution to reward old players and customers could be the possibility of getting Caucasus for free if they bought Nevada or Normandy before 2018. It's only my oppinion and I'm NOT a staff member of ED ha ha.
I'm sorry to say that I hardly would pay for anything running on something as buggy and unstable as DCS is today. There is not one stable version left, so buying anything at all is a waste of money. You can repost this comment when they have something actually working properly.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #9
cordite

Reputation power: 1
cordite is on a distinguished road

Old 12-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #10
Winterz

Reputation power: 8
Winterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really niceWinterz is just really nice

NOPE
Closed Thread