DCS and Pimax

Wags

I see it too but that was free public 1.5 version with free SU25 modul.

Even I like Pimax8K and believe in this product and his advantages as future best thing for serious gaming like Flight sims have to admit Pimax don't have right person who will run this game in the way we could see details we all want to know. For proper test and review Pimax8K in DCS I think we have to wait to be done from someone who is using DCS in privat.

Don't expect anything usable for us from CES 1018. But soon they will ship some prototypes to the chosen backers who will do soe final and proper testings before they make final version.

I was wondering if I missed some reports about DCS/Pimax, but I think you are right that the CES is maybe not the right place for a profound report about that. Hopefully one of the early headsets will be send to a DCS-nerd.;) (even if it will be too late than to withdraw my kickstarter order, if it turns out to be a bad experience - what I don't think:smilewink:)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

It was about the same as the rift but now more than the vive.

Even if it's lighter, the shape of it puts its mass further away from the center of your head, increasing moment of inertia. Still way lighter than a Gentex helmet though, and not subject to 9 Gs. :)

Comparison of 5K and 8K with reference to the vive/rift.

I have to say i'm pleased:)

I was wondering if I missed some reports about DCS/Pimax, but I think you are right that the CES is maybe not the right place for a profound report about that. Hopefully one of the early headsets will be send to a DCS-nerd.;) (even if it will be too late than to withdraw my kickstarter order, if it turns out to be a bad experience - what I don't think:smilewink:)

Don't worry about backing Pimax8K. You want regret it.

From some previous review and this one from CES it is clear that 200 FOV is game changer and resolution is even better than on Vive PRO. They just need to polish and fine tune some features. This will be the best VR headset soon as they finalize the product.

Vive PRO is in essence like facelifting of older car model with newer engine and if this is so great like they promote than you can imagine how much better is Pimax8K with much more new features.

On this video they say that even 5K have better resolution than Vive PRO.

I keep reading in articles that people are genuinely pissed off about PIMAX still not having achieved 90Hz to work with 8k headset, instead being in the range of 80Hz.

Why???

Given that the PIMAX 8k will need all the horsepower it can get, isn't it a good thing that the headset will need less in order to reach 80 fps instead of 90?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

45 FPS is all that is needed. I understand the benefit of reaching 90 but nobodies system would do it anyway, not in DCS.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I keep reading in articles that people are genuinely pissed off about PIMAX still not having achieved 90Hz to work with 8k headset, instead being in the range of 80Hz.

Why???

Given that the PIMAX 8k will need all the horsepower it can get, isn't it a good thing that the headset will need less in order to reach 80 fps instead of 90?

It isn't about fps. Brainwarp can do that. It is about the refresh rate and until testers get it, we don't know how crucial that is yet. Also, until they get the new bridge chip, we won't know if hitting 90Hz is an issue. No stopping premature whiners unwilling to wait (like they have a choice anyway).

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

It isn't about fps. Brainwarp can do that. It is about the refresh rate and until testers get it, we don't know how crucial that is yet. Also, until they get the new bridge chip, we won't know if hitting 90Hz is an issue. No stopping premature whiners unwilling to wait (like they have a choice anyway).

Ah ok, so the worries are about ghosting? Still, the difference between 80 and 90Hz seems minor in this case.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Ah ok, so the worries are about ghosting? Still, the difference between 80 and 90Hz seems minor in this case.

One can either accept the explanation that Pimax gave for taking a fresh off the assembly line prototype to CES despite it not being tuned, or not. Since worry ain't gonna solve dick, they can either take a pill or grow an ulcer. If you look at the Day 1 reviews (I use the term reviews lightly) most issues were cleared up or reduced in following days. People who worry about money they spent to have something developed in a Kickstarter should have stayed away and waited for retail. They could at least wait until early testers put it through the ringer before soiling their underwear.

Edited by dogbite

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

One can either accept the explanation that Pimax gave for taking a fresh off the assembly line prototype to CES despite it not being tuned, or not. Since worry ain't gonna solve dick, they can either take a pill or grow an ulcer. If you look at the Day 1 reviews (I use the term reviews lightly) most issues were cleared up or reduced in following days. People who worry about money they spent to have something developed in a Kickstarter should have stayed away and waited for retail. They could at least wait until early testers put it through the ringer before soiling their underwear.

True. After DCS WWII kickstarter and how this was end up I'm not participating in any kickstarter anymore. So I'm not the backer of Pimax8K but that doesn't means I'm not believe in Pimax8K and so far personally I'm more than satisfied how thing are going on.

In the end I will see which model will buy in the end. All 3 options are still open.

True. After DCS WWII kickstarter and how this was end up I'm not participating in any kickstarter anymore. So I'm not the backer of Pimax8K but that doesn't means I'm not believe in Pimax8K and so far personally I'm more than satisfied how thing are going on.

In the end I will see which model will buy in the end. All 3 options are still open.

That reminds me of the age old story of what the difference is between being committed and involved. The analogy is a ham and egg breakfast. The pig is committed and the chicken is involved! :D

I hear you on the wild wild west nature of KS. I backed four or five KS/Indiegogo including the WWII. ED/DCS stepped in and saved the day so I'm ultimately happy. Rift turned out OK and I'm hoping Pimax will be more better than not. Here's to hoping! About 6 more months before I'll find out. Gooooo VR!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Fingers still crossed, but it appears I may be getting a prototype as a backer to give them feedback on. Again, nothing set in stone, but the discussion I've had with Pimax seems like this is the case. Hopefully I can get you guys some info sooner rather than later. Will keep you guys posted (if possible, some YouTube content will be available as well, need to figure out the details first tho)

• Like 1

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Fingers still crossed, but it appears I may be getting a prototype as a backer to give them feedback on. Again, nothing set in stone, but the discussion I've had with Pimax seems like this is the case. Hopefully I can get you guys some info sooner rather than later. Will keep you guys posted (if possible, some YouTube content will be available as well, need to figure out the details first tho)

Great news. It'll really put me at ease having a positive review from a regular. Fingers crossed it works out for you.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Would be great, if you are getting a prototype. That would provide us with some reliable data about the Pimax in combination with DCS. :thumbup:

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

BRILLIANT!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Lovely, looking forward to hearing from you about it :) I shall cross my fingers as well!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

OH.....Fingers crossed,This will be a huge help for DCS Pimax backers!!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Errrm, what's the horisontal FOV estimate for Pimax?

I assume there could be problems in making a >100deg. horisontal FOV HMD while keeping clear image at the sides.

It doesn't need to be super clear all the way to the edges, because you can't slew your eyeball all the way the way to the edges. You run out of room to slew at the limits of your binocular vision, everything past there you can't put your fovea onto so it's peripheral vision and the fidelity is much lower.

I wonder if it's possible to take that into account to save GPU resources even without eye tracking and real foveated rendering.

binocular.gif.99676ba8967f24e04b900256c6c4fcd2.gif

Will certainly look forward to your feed back if you make the early backer list. Sesbastion Ang (Mixed Reality TV) announced he is one, so you may hear soon. GL

It doesn't need to be super clear all the way to the edges, because you can't slew your eyeball all the way the way to the edges. You run out of room to slew at the limits of your binocular vision, everything past there you can't put your fovea onto so it's peripheral vision and the fidelity is much lower.

I wonder if it's possible to take that into account to save GPU resources even without eye tracking and real foveated rendering.

You're right.