Campaign - waypoints on hud and kneeboard dont match

SolUniverse

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is old, but I have a question about this same thing..

It seems that the waypoints on the kneeboard and HUD do not match .. seems the kneeboard is one waypoint ahead of the HUD..

am I crazy?

:megalol:

I am seeing the opposite of what this post says. :helpsmilie: My kneeboard is one waypoint behind the HUD, not ahead of it. (see pic below)

Tvol says the HUD starts counting from 0, but then why does my HUD say I'm heading to Waypoint 4, and my Kneeboard says I am heading to Waypoint 3? It would seem that the kneeboard starts from 0, not the HUD?

Can someone explain this. I just want to make sure that I understand this correctly? Is the kneeboard waypoint always just one less than your HUD?

This was in the A10a btw.. :)

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Forget that. I was correct. On the Kneeboard, the first Waypoint is 0.

I just flew the stock Instant Action mission for the A10a and the Kneeboard shows the first waypoint where you spawn in as WP 0. So, it's the opposite of what this original poster had stated. But question answered.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Snacko

Now I am confused. Could you explain this better. Doesn't both the Hud and KB begin at 0 so that the first WP that you fly to is 1?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Maybe I am still confused too. I ran a Instant Action mission for the A10a and on the kneeboard it showed my spawn in point as wp 0. So, I thought that expained it. But that would mean that your first waypoint was 1?

I'm going to just make a simple mission and test this again..

Well a simple test answered the question. In the attached pics you can see the Mission Editor shows your starting spawn point as WP 0 and the 'first' WP as 1.

In the Kneeboard you can see my Aircraft's chevron Mark point on course to WP 1. And the Harrier's HUD also says 1.

What confused me was in my first post, I was flying a mission online where my HUD showed me on course to WP 4. But my Kneeboard Mark Point chevron showed me on course to the Kneeboard's WP 3. After further testing in the A10a I think this is a bug in that aircraft.

In the Mission Editor your spawn point is called WP 0, which I don't think is supposed to appear in your aircraft's waypoints list? Correct me if I am wrong here..

In the Harrier I started hot on the ground and it didn't show waypoint 0 in the hud. I also started the A10a in the air and hot on the runway. When it was sitting on the runway, the A10a also would not show wp 0(the spawn point). But when the A10a started in the air, and also when I took off from the runway, it showed wp 0 in the HUD and made it out of sync with the Kneeboard.

I think this is a bug with the A10a, but I don't know. But I am pretty sure the hud and kneeboard should be in sync now and their waypoints should match. So in the A10a I'm just going to have to check my HUD against the Kneeboard's Mark Point.

In that mission in my first post about this, I was supposed to go to WP 3 and bomb trucks on the road. You can see what a mistake you could make if you went to the wrong waypoint. :doh:

Edited by Snacko

I will test this again in the F15 later today. Wife duties come first. It is hard enough trying to do the campaign for the F15 without having to try to figure out if the WPs are consistent in the HUD and KB. Can't wait for the F18.

Your bottom line is that both are now consistent for the F15?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I never tested it on the F15. But a simple test with 2+ waypoints should tell if it stays in sync.

A lot of Flyers fly the F15. If it still had this bug I think I would have found a post about it.. This thread is old so I don't think this is a problem for the F15 anymore. It gets more love from the Devs than the A10a.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk