HSD performance with many SAMs

Pikey

Hi Folks, this has been mentioned before, easy to tell in VR, have a mission with LOTS of Air defence, then open up F-16 HSD or F-18 SA page and you will see the FPS hit is exponentially hard. Additionally, lots of air defence degrades the visibility of these screens, even Shilkas are shown, anything with a radar.

I've seen various discussions on showing sams on HSD, Abris, etc and I think the problem needs another approach.

The other issue is that the HSD will show late activated units, regardless of whether they are activated or not. Why the drop in frames for something that is only read from the mission file?

AAA, little mobile sams are shown on these displays, I'd say it was both more realistic and a massive FPS improvement to stick to large fixed installations, but either way, the choice to hide them specifically from HSD during mission progress would benefit everyone on large missions.

"HIDDEN ON MAP" works BUT.... you lose them in the mission and from GM access. If only there was a way the units could still be accessible mid mission via GameMaster so admins could sort out misbehaving units and then HIDDEN on map could be useful.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *