New waypoint action in ME?

Pikey

I've noticed what I think should causes some excitement among the ME nerd crowd.

A new WP type called "LandingReFuAr", which by the naming seems to allow landing and rearming, something I've wanted and has confused people for a long time.

I haven't tested it. Could we set about it and find out the capabilities please?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Its WIP and functionality might depend on the airbase used. For instance I tested it out on Kobuleti on open beta and the AI taxied backward and got stuck, while an undefined time ago I tested it at Sukhumi and it was fine. It is supposed to allow AI to land, rearm and refuel for the set time, then get airborne again and continue on with its route and tasking. Its not really clear if it was supposed to go live or not, but it is live now and won't be removed until it gets functional.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I've noticed what I think should causes some excitement among the ME nerd crowd.

A new WP type called "LandingReFuAr", which by the naming seems to allow landing and rearming, something I've wanted and has confused people for a long time.

I haven't tested it. Could we set about it and find out the capabilities please?

Check it out. Purely speculative on my part for "LandingFUBAR" usage … :D

1 - Land at Batumi and then crew change with the pushback from hell. LOL

2 - Land on Stennis no effect.

3 - Helo landing no effect.

See attached Test mission.

Cheers!

Test.miz

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its WIP and functionality might depend on the airbase used. For instance I tested it out on Kobuleti on open beta and the AI taxied backward and got stuck, while an undefined time ago I tested it at Sukhumi and it was fine. It is supposed to allow AI to land, rearm and refuel for the set time, then get airborne again and continue on with its route and tasking. Its not really clear if it was supposed to go live or not, but it is live now and won't be removed until it gets functional.

Thanks for the info Grimes! That was one long pushback at Batumi … should have used a C-5! ;)

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Not sure if I missed any updates regarding this but do we know if ED is aware of the issue?! Definitely do not want to bug them if they already know.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

I had no idea, I just seen it, finally my wishes came true but it didn't work on Mineraln'nye vody. Will test more.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Oh it does work, I just have to wait long enough, I guess 15 minutes lasts longer than I thought in-game, or I completely forgot and it's actually same as realtime?

EDIT: I did another test seems like it does take quite a long time ...

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I wanted to try out this feature but could not find the WP action anymore.

So I simply created a short mission on the PG map.

A10 C Player and one wingman.

Starting hot from ramp.

Short flight and landing with reserved Parking spots. Wingman shuts down engine, but position lights are still flashing.

Player takes off again and Wingman starts up engines after player took off. Rolls backward , taxied to runway and took off too.

So, this all happend without any special wp order.

Tried this .miz several times and was always successfully.

If you want me to load up the .miz, let me know.

I didn`t use any mods in it.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

• 3 months later...