Link16 team flight contributors

Pikey

Hello everyone!

I saw that flight members are given an extra icon.

One thing that I'm wondering is based on some limitations in Multiplayer, namely that we don't generally use Client slots in the same flight which is due to limitations of certain api's in scripting to present menus, messages and sounds to group only level, not clients. This means all Clients are in their own groups... or "flights", a pretty typical setup for Multiplayer servers. Also generally speaking, flights are not used in Multiplayer random public servers

So i'm wondering if there is any way to "construct" a flight on the fly and how MIDS 'knows' what the flight is made from, who is leader, etc.

A-10C SADL groups are defined by a channel iirc. Any similarities to that available?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Well, the datalink is handled in the Ka-50 by allowing the pilot to select their status (leader / wingman) and their number (ID) [1-4]. Yes, conflicts can exist, and we need to use separate channels but I think something similar could be used for the F/A-18C as well. Perhaps not in the cockpit (apart from freq) but in ME or on the join menu?

i believe correct me if i am wrong just just set the same freq for the D/L in wags vid he had it at 127 so say 128 and it should be in a different flight

When thinking about this I believe what I said was incorrect what you probably have to do is go to the MIDS sup page and create a flight in there

Edited by CheeseCake

Did this become functional today? Just updated and no joy.

This week's Open Beta update is scheduled for tomorrow to coincide with the release of Razbam's MiG-19P.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3813469&postcount=46

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

So has anyone actually managed to create a "flight" artificially from the MIDS panel or otherwise? Elsewise I don't think we will every be able to use the flight functionality on servers because we won't be in flights and the admins will not do this because of the aforementioned restrictions on messaging, menus and sounds.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

So has anyone actually managed to create a "flight" artificially from the MIDS panel or otherwise? Elsewise I don't think we will every be able to use the flight functionality on servers because we won't be in flights and the admins will not do this because of the aforementioned restrictions on messaging, menus and sounds.
Yes. They have to be setup as flights in the mission. Then the datalink automatically sets the ship letters in the SA page. Max is 4, A-D

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Forgive me for bumping such an old thread, but since the manual states that: "The option select window of AIC, F/F1, and F/F2 will have no function", does that mean that we will not be able to create a flight from aircrafts that are not grouped together in the mission editor?

Forgive me for bumping such an old thread, but since the manual states that: "The option select window of AIC, F/F1, and F/F2 will have no function", does that mean that we will not be able to create a flight from aircrafts that are not grouped together in the mission editor?

That would hopefully just be a WIP.

If I understood correctly watching the Viper Datalink video - the ability exists for that plane. I would very very much be hoping that ED will be coming back around on the Hornet Datalink and enabling that.

The ability to set a flight identity would indeed be very useful....

• Like 1

I also was under the impression that such a feature, where we can manage flight members within the cockpit, exists in the Hornet (similar to the Viper or the Warthog) and it will be implemented in our DCS Hornet eventually.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It might have it in real life. ED did a good job detailing in the manual itself which features are yet to be completed.

They did go over datalink in the manual and chose to write that this functionality will not be available, and not that it will be available later in EA.

This is why I'm asking. Also - I'm not sure the Viper has this capability in DCS (Wags did not demonstrate this in his video). We will have to wait for the update to drop.

It might have it in real life. ED did a good job detailing in the manual itself which features are yet to be completed.

They did go over datalink in the manual and chose to write that this functionality will not be available, and not that it will be available later in EA.

Huh, interesting. I thought they said otherwise in some forum post. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Huh, interesting. I thought they said otherwise in some forum post. :huh:

Everything is subject to change! :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I don't think they ever changed it. They wrote it won't be functional, which is why I'm asking, just to make sure.

Well it might become functional is what I'm trying to say.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).