Which One?

What is your use case for them ?

These are office drone desktop computers, and not meant for much gaming whatsoever.

for DCS:

I wouldn't really touch either of them.

HP uses non-ATX standard components, so it's not like you could walk into any hardware peddler and get a replacement PSU, or mother board, this also means they have virtually no upgrade capability down the line, apart from maybe increasing the RAM size or maybe find a small form factor gpu.

But the HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0165t seems slightly less hamstrung than the other.

It has the power supply to support a slightly more power ful GPU, but not too powerful, 1070 at upmost

The other with a 180watt supply would run into major issues with anything bigger than a 1050 or equivalent.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

None of had any build experience in the beginning. Many of us bought an office computer only to find that it was woefully inadequate for gaming and not upgrade friendly.

The first questions are "What are your expectations of your machine?" and "what's your price range?" Then you should watch a couple of beginner build videos to see just how easy it is to do. Then comes the fun part of picking out the components.

There are hundreds of thousands of people out there willing to lend you a helping hand.

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Rig building has only gotten easier last few years too.

It's now on par with a Lego kit imo and far easier than self assemble furniture from ikea etc.

The secret sauce is to actually read the manuals ;)

Even a basic DCS module require far more effort to learn decently than building a gaming rig, that's the nitty gritty truth of it.

So there is no doubt in my mind you would be able to.

That said there are many hardware retailers that offer significantly more suited kit machines and doesn't charge much of an extra to build them for you.

And unlike HP these use standardised modules.

With HP you need to go to HP to get an upgrade and they will easily charge 300% for the fun of it, often making it a lot more reasonable for a customer to buy a whole new unit instead.

I'm on the other side of the planet so can't recommend any such services/retailers local to Michigan but I'm certain they are there.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

What's so bad about them?

As said those office computers, if you want a PC for play flight sim games, look for game computers, like Alienware Aurora line.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/gaming/alienware

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/

But you have more "bang per buck" if assemble one, ask your friends, someone may are able to assemble for you.

And, DCS want 32GB dual channel RAM.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Build it yourself if you can read a basic instruction sheet and use a Phillip screwdriver if not get a friend to assemble it and you order the parts you want if you want I’ll try and find a list of the parts I got last winter Jan-mar timeframe they were top of the line then so you might wish to get a newer part for better performance or keep what I bought an save some money over the newer parts but this system was built to be effective for 3-5 years or more.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

The newer (third) one isn't better than the previous ones. Are you planning on using these for DCS? If yes then there's not a clear winner honestly. What one is lacking is built into the other one and vice versa. If you're able to put more memory into the Intel machine so you have 16GB instead of 8GB it should suffice for DCS, but not for VR though. I'd really only expect a decent 1080p performance out of them.