A10 a broken

chaser

So im fairly new to dcs world and thought id take advantage of the sale and purchase FC3 My train of thought would have been to learn how to fly on the FC3 a10a and progress to the a10 c- that was my first big mistake as the A10-a is broken and FC3 has very little training for the A10a

I guess i could have over looked the lack of training, but when you cant steer quite a few of the FC3 aircraft on the ground the FC3 package is pretty useless in IMO

Any change of getting my money back? disappointed is an understatement

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This sounds very much like a problem with your control setup. There are no issues with steering any aircraft on my PC.

Thats what I first thought but all of the bindings are correct and there are quite a few old posts mentioning the same thing

The SU25t is fine that at least works and as you may know there is very little difference in the controls across the FC3 craft

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attach a screenshot of your axis commands window for the A-10A. Specifically please show the pitch and roll axes and the columns for all controllers attached to the system. The biggest problem people typically experience is that all axes are automatically bound to all controllers connected to the system. This very frequently leads to duplicate bindings on primary control axes that cancel each other out or cause hilarious situations like toebrakes controlling ailerons.

EDIT: Also - while controls across FC3 aircraft and the Su-25T share many common elements, it is strongly advised not to copy the profiles directly from one aircraft to the other. This has been known to cause issues.

DOUBLE EDIT:

I also see now that you are specifcally referring to ground handling which I overlooked the first time. Many of the aircraft have a nosewheel steering switch that must be enabled for taxi (and disabled for takeoff/landing if you want to avoid a catastrophe.) I know for a fact the Su-27, Su-33 have NWS which must be manually enabled. The F-15C and MiG-29 have a low-gain/hi-gain steering option, triggered by a button in the F-15 and tied to the flaps in the MiG-29. I can't remember 100% off the top of my head if the A-10A is one of the aircraft that requires enabling NWS but I'm reasonably confident it is, as this is the case with the A-10C.

Edited by feefifofum

The A10A doesn't have a nose wheel steer button, it steers no problem straight after start up.

It would seem Chaser needs to check his control bindings in the A10A controls. Check the axis bindings and uncheck those not used on your stick etc. as feefifofum states.

Go to controls, drop down box select 'A-10A' other drop down box which says 'all' change to 'axis' to check bindings.

Some tutorials

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Attach a screenshot of your axis commands window for the A-10A. Specifically please show the pitch and roll axes and the columns for all controllers attached to the system. The biggest problem people typically experience is that all axes are automatically bound to all controllers connected to the system. This very frequently leads to duplicate bindings on primary control axes that cancel each other out or cause hilarious situations like toebrakes controlling ailerons.

EDIT: Also - while controls across FC3 aircraft and the Su-25T share many common elements, it is strongly advised not to copy the profiles directly from one aircraft to the other. This has been known to cause issues.

Roger that Im using the z and x keys as the rudder and steering I have the thrustmaster hog joy stick and hotas and have configured the hotas for both the a10a and the F15 from profiles i have found in the file down load section, but not copied them over in their entirety

a10a.thumb.jpg.1196e02418268c1c296faedc8bc873ef.jpg

410913860_a10aaxis.thumb.jpg.941005a78b3bc7b3b67fb4ce06227748.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DOUBLE EDIT:

I also see now that you are specifcally referring to ground handling which I overlooked the first time. Many of the aircraft have a nosewheel steering switch that must be enabled for taxi (and disabled for takeoff/landing if you want to avoid a catastrophe.) I know for a fact the Su-27, Su-33 have NWS which must be manually enabled. The F-15C and MiG-29 have a low-gain/hi-gain steering option, triggered by a button in the F-15 and tied to the flaps in the MiG-29. I can't remember 100% off the top of my head if the A-10A is one of the aircraft that requires enabling NWS but I'm reasonably confident it is, as this is the case with the A-10C.

Thank you for helping, but as you can see from the screen grab - the instruments are reporting that steering is engaged

steering.thumb.jpg.6d260b539e12814395da27e07ed8216a.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A10A doesn't have a nose wheel steer button, it steers no problem straight after start up.

It would seem Chaser needs to check his control bindings in the A10A controls. Check the axis bindings and uncheck those not used on your stick etc. as feefifofum states.

Go to controls, drop down box select 'A-10A' other drop down box which says 'all' change to 'axis' to check bindings.

Some tutorials

Been there done that :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those fields highlighted in red indicate a conflict; usually stemming from copying profiles but in your case possibly due to an invalid modifier.

Controls showing conflicts like this will not function; do your rudder controls also have a red highlight?

Sadly not - as you will see

a10a.thumb.jpg.c27c41a556bb14b23bba6f2466fe94f2.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Derp. My reading skills are apparently on the low end of the spectrum today. :lol:

Let me see if I have issues with keyboard steering in the A-10A, I use rudder pedals myself.

Thanks very much for your help its odd that the Russian planes work and the US don't

If you google it there are quite a few posts on the same subject, but no answers really

Edited by chaser
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just tried and had no issues controlling NWS with the mouse and keyboard on the ground.

If you switch to an external view, do you see the rudders and nose gear animate?

Have you tried binding the rudders to another key to see if that works?

So peddles and rudder animate but not nose wheel tried different key and the same thing happens

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alright, this is getting weirder.

If you have the standalone version of DCS:

At this point, I'd recommend going into your DCS game folder (default c:/program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World OR DCS World OpenBeta/mods/aircraft/ and deleting the Flaming Cliffs folder.

After deleting that folder, run the "Repair DCS World" or "Repair DCS World OpenBeta" shortcut you'll find in your start menu under Eagle Dynamics. If you did not create a start menu entry when installing DCS World, open a command prompt window in DCS World/bin and type "DCS_updater.exe repair"

If you have a steam installation, remove the FC3 DLC using the Steam interface and reinstall it; see if this corrects the issue.

As always, it is also recommended to remove any mods you may be running while testing.

Edited by feefifofum

I'd recommend PM'ing BigNewy or NineLine with a description of the issue, the steps you've taken so far, and a link to a copy of your DCS log file.

They may have some other suggestions, or will be able to pass the problem up the chain to the developers. All I can say at this point is that this is highly unusual. :dunno: Sorry I couldn't help more.

I just created a mission, Jumped in and taxied in a zip zag pattern down the runway with no issues. It sounds to me like your control mappings are gorked up somehow...and it may not be anything YOU did. I'd recommend deleting the

\Users\<NAME>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\a-10a folder and then running a repair.

After running the repair, take a moment to go through each page of A-10A input commands and make sure they are not cross mapped. Sometimes things like the "Rudder axis" will be mapped to the rudders AND the throttle...

It should fix the issue.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey Sierra, we already tried that one, but as a matter of experimentation Chaser, try renaming the entire /saved games/DCS.whatever folder; this will generate a brand new set of controls from the defaults for all aircraft and rebuild some game folders.

If it works with the default controls reset for all AC, and only the mouse and keyboard connected, you can try adding back in your control folders one at a time to see what's mucking up the works.

Okay so after a day of trying to fix this I finally resolved the issue and its a odd one

Its a binding issue off another profile in the FC3 planes - im guessing its a very odd bug, but basically one of the planes had it rudder bound to the second joy stick on my hotas ( using a thrustmaster Worthog ) which didn't cause any issues with that plane (didn't even show up as a conflict) - but heres the odd thing I cleared that binding only to have it appear on another plane and so on until it worked its way through all of them so i removed all binding on all aircraft and deleted my worthog drivers then reinstalled. the binding then appeared in the axis control of the F15- so i cleared it and this time it had gone for good, with no infection of any of the other planes axis

Now all of the planes can use their nose wheels

strange !!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]