MW-50 questions

If you use the MW-50 as a fuel tank (setting in the mission editor), I know you have to adjust the rotary control on the left wall panel but I have a question how/when it operates.

Do you even need to turn on the MW-50 switch on the forward panel?

Does the fuel in that tank only get used if you advance the throttle to the point that the MW-50 system normally engages? Or does the aircraft just use it regardless?

What order are the tanks used? Does the MW-50 tank feed into the main tank or does the aircraft draw directly from it? Does the MW-50 tank get used first? last? before drop tanks? etc

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Yes you need to turn it on unless you don't want to use MW-50

No, only at a certain stage of the throttle it will be injected to the engine

And the MW-50 tank is in your aircraft behind your seat, the additional one only carriers normal fuel iirc. And if you have a tank, the fuel will get drained from the internal tank, the external pumps its fuel to the internal one then. So the external one is getting used first. MW-50 will only be used at the certain throttle setting, then it will be used with the normal fuel.

Out of the manual:

The MW/Fuel Selector Handle is used to set the MW 50 tank status. Normally, it is set on the ground

before the engine is started, according to the filled liquid, and left alone for the duration of the flight.

Please note that incorrectly setting this switch can have catastrophic results, by either feeding the

water-methanol mixture into the fuel lines, or spraying aviation fuel into the supercharger.

The liquid type (MW or fuel) can be assigned via Mission Editor in the specify Additional Properties

tab of player's aircraft panel.

NOTE! The liquid will be filled in this auxiliary tank if the fuel in the main tank is set not less 100 liters

(34%) in the ME.

The pump in the auxiliary tank is low-output device. Therefore the pumping of fuel from eiliary to

main tank request about half an hour and depends of motor's manifold pressure.

Soo, set the switch to fuel, and the MW50 tank feeds the main tank. But it will take some time.

The MW-50 is sprayed into the supercharger, not the engine, so it shouldn´t be used to spray fuel into the supercharger as mentioned in the manual.

Edited by Kappi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup: