Take Off in the Bf 109K-4

iFoxRomeo

Not available for download at the e-shop. Help!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Download it via the Module Manager in the game if you have the Open Beta version installed.

Ewww, I have the open beta of DCS installed, but I would prefer to just use my normal install. This is not how it worked for the 190. Thanks though, will check that now.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Landing parameters seem to be similar to the FW190. come over the runway about 210 with landing gear down and full flaps. Watch the VVI and try to keep touchdown at < 1m/s to avoid bouncing (which seems much less pronounced than the FW190, so that's a plus) Gentle flare for gentle 3 point touchdown. Challenging but not impossible by any means. I have been landing both tonight without doing (entirely) horrible things to them. Nice change for me.

Edited by xaoslaad

Ewww, I have the open beta of DCS installed, but I would prefer to just use my normal install. This is not how it worked for the 190. Thanks though, will check that now.

Patience. Most updates go through the Open Beta to make sure there are no glaring errors before being 'released'. Maybe tomorrow (3rd, as it was suggested) it will hit the release version (the Bf-109 I expect will be beta for some time though).

MOVED to LANDING!!

Edited by Strix
Wrong tread!

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Better take off than mine *, but also nice over-rev :)

Less power or turn the prop down to 11:30 before taking off, or just kick in automatic (S key by default)

* 1st one: Nice crash, 2nd one + 1st landing is here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2247320&postcount=8

But well, still have to get used to my new MFG Crosswind pedals, didn't have toe brakes on my trusty Simpeds - it's such a tremendous impact on DCS WWII and Il-2 BoS ground/take off/landing handling :)

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You should switch the prop to auto before start

Didn't know there is a auto prop switch.

What happened?

Overrev because of deactivated auto prop.

Better take off than mine *, but also nice over-rev :)

Less power or turn the prop down to 11:30 before taking off, or just kick in automatic ...

That video was for everyones entertainment. Very first take off. I didn't read the manual. That's why I didn't ask for the reason of the engine failure. I generally don't ask question for things that are explained by the manual. After setting the controls I wanted to get airborne as quickly as possible.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• ED Team

Just few cents: the best IAS before flaring is 180 kph, and the landing is simple if the flaring altitude is right and you do not overpull the stick causing balooning.

Takeoff.. as for me it's very simple, but I am glad that somebody has trouble with it, otherwise I will be blamed for ruining the legend about deadly 109. :)

Idling the engine and then starting to dive with full throttle will be deadly for the engine due to overrevving it. Remember that the propeller pitch can not be changed as fast as for hydraulically driven props.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

love the take offs and landings in that plane!very well done sir Yo-Yo.

i have to say, although takeoffs are really simple i think in the 109, if you are not paying attention it will bite you...as seen above, my very first take off, although not really solid, didnt cause me any trouble...

then when thinking that its easy peasy, i didnt pay attention on my second take off, and immediately turned left off the runway...i managed it to get her up in the air, but then immediately left wing stalled and crashed :).

Just few cents:

Takeoff.. as for me it's very simple, but I am glad that somebody has trouble with it, otherwise I will be blamed for ruining the legend about deadly 109. :)

Idling the engine and then starting to dive with full throttle will be deadly for the engine due to overrevving it. Remember that the propeller pitch can not be changed as fast as for hydraulically driven props.

Take Off feels exactly right for me : if you do everything correctly, theres no problems, if not you are screwed in a heartbeat. Great Job!

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still think elevator / pitch trim need fine tuning ( Yo-Yo... ) The k4 "catapults" from ground at takeoff, even if instead of setting the stabilator at "1" as suggested, I set it at "2" - full nose heavy.

Until I pick good speed, my nose want's to come up and I am forced to use forward stick.

Landing seems very good though, and at landing configuration and power I get plausible pitch and required trim.

I find the overall feel of flight very good, with a docile cruise equilibrium - properly trimmed for cruise for sure.

I just don't like having my wings ripped off all of a sudden just as I pull it a little bit over the fence...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I just don't like having my wings ripped off all of a sudden just as I pull it a little bit over the fence...

Agreed, hopefully devs pay some attention to this.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agree on the wings breaking. All modules need some attention here... I'd love to see things getting bent out of shape permamently as you exceed the G limits before ripping off entirely if you continue to pull harder etc.

Tonight I plan to get my takeoffs sorted.

• ED Team
I still think elevator / pitch trim need fine tuning ( Yo-Yo... ) The k4 "catapults" from ground at takeoff, even if instead of setting the stabilator at "1" as suggested, I set it at "2" - full nose heavy.

Until I pick good speed, my nose want's to come up and I am forced to use forward stick.

Landing seems very good though, and at landing configuration and power I get plausible pitch and required trim.

I find the overall feel of flight very good, with a docile cruise equilibrium - properly trimmed for cruise for sure.

The problem is that the real trim was exactly the same we have now regarding the elevator position. In the powered flight the plane was neutral and trim position was stick forward within the whole IAS range. For gliding, especially with empty tank, stick aft was only at low speed.

The same is for the stick forses - pull, pull and pull. Even with full nose-heavy stab position - slightly pull at full tank aft balance condition.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me