Can we export the MFDs to a 2nd screen like the A10?

Cowboy10uk

i have a doubt. can i extend my view in a 2 monitor setups? like being in a 3 monitor setup, but only with 2, (of course, withouth the center view in the middle of both monitors) i mean, i want my main monitor as it is, but my 2nd monitor on my left displays more view on the left of the plane. hope that makes sense (not too good at english u can see haha).

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

• 1 month later...

find correct syntax for exporting

Hey all, new to the whole exporting thing. managed to get both MFCDs exported and working in the A10C and the AV8B. Question though. Where can find the correct name for different displays in the cockpit? For example, I know if I wanted to export the RWR for the A10C it would be along the lines of

RWR=

{

x = X

y = X

width = X

height = X

}

need some help, i use 2 F16 mfd's that stick to my left screen and 1 to my right screen.

so i edited the Lua file like this,

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('2mfd');

Description = 'Configuration with 3 monitors each with its own camera'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 525;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7;

GUI =

{

x = 525;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1050;

},

},

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 525;

height = 525;

},

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2445;

y = 0;

width = 525;

height = 525;

},

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

LEFT_MFCD = Viewports.LEFT_MFCD

RIGHT_MFCD = Viewports.RIGHT_MFCD

I have middle screen to fly and on the left screen my left mfd and on my right screen offcourse my right mfd as seen in the picture

NOW as you can see, i don't have a black background on my mfd's, how can i fix this, or what did i do wrong?

mfcd.thumb.JPG.29eaac382617eece8bc6bc1c538772dc.JPG

For those of you that are having an issue with exporting the 2 MFCDs. Here is a really easy way to do it. Just run the program and you can drag and drop the displays where you want them...it will automatically set up the game: https://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html I'm using the 64 bit version and it works perfectly. Allows you to just drag the displays where you want them. It works perfectly with the AV-8B

Hey Greek

I have 2 Gullimot screens to use for my MFD's for the harrier, can you help me or send me a short install readme for this program. I want to give this a shot...Thanks man.

Edited by uscstaylor

Can someone help me I have the program that Greekbull has from his thread, and I have my main screen and my 2 Gillimut 7 inch screens up and running.I also have in game this screen below: But what do I need to do to make these MFD screens show up in my 2 Gullimut screens. Is there a file I need to modify..Any help guys would be appreciated...

Screen_180224_235121.png

@uscstaylor

This should get you started. I don't know your screen size or the Gullimots (they look small) so I based it on my screen and a guess at what the Gullimots would fit.

The sketch shows how the setup is planned out. You can place the physical devices how you want that is just how they are rendered. Unfortunately you do end up with some wasted space.

Place the Lua here X:\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup X: is which ever drive you installed DCS to.

Go to Options in game.

Un-select Fullscreen in options. You can't run multi-monitor in full screen (unless something has changed) in DCS.

Enter the new resolution in options (see pdf sketch) it should automatically recalculate the aspect ratio for you then select the new Lua from the drop down.

When you hit OK the sim will shut down and restart with the new screen size etc. When you activate the MFCDs they should show up in the Gullimots. Tweak the x,y coord as necessary to fit them. Or drag them if that other program lets you.

Hope this helps.

Gullimot Setup.lua

Options screen.pdf

1496405260_ScreenLayout.png.5747367f41602581329d6cea38359cd2.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Sarge I have a 43inch lcd tv that is current set to 1080i at 1768X992

I have 2- 7 inch Lilliput montiors. I was using the program A10C virtual cockpit server, but only one of the little monitors go grey when I start that program I can tseem to get the other to go grey..so I can drag the mfd from my main screen to the little MFD...Its not grey like the right one is..

OK so now I am able to get the left mfd to show after I hit the assigned keys but the right mfd is not showing...

heres my config

--***DO NOT MODIFY THESE COMMENT LINES***

--A10CVirtualCockpitServer v0.0.0.0

--LOCATION Config\MonitorSetup

--HOOKTO

--Monitor lua

name = _('A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server');

Description = 'Setup for A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server MFCD and CDU Exports.'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1768;

height = 992;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7822580645161290322580645161;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 2056;

y = -3;

width = 525;

height = 525;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2046;

y = 490;

width = 532;

height = 532;

}

--CDU_EXPORT

Your Right and Left MFCDs coordinates can't be right. It may something that Virtual cockpit software is doing, but I doubt it.

To get an idea of how the X and Y coordinates are calculated, check out this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

Also, IIRC, DCS didn't like negative coordinates.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

OK so now I am able to get the left mfd to show after I hit the assigned keys but the right mfd is not showing...

heres my config

--***DO NOT MODIFY THESE COMMENT LINES***

--A10CVirtualCockpitServer v0.0.0.0

--LOCATION Config\MonitorSetup

--HOOKTO

--Monitor lua

name = _('A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server');

Description = 'Setup for A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server MFCD and CDU Exports.'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1768;

height = 992;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7822580645161290322580645161;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1768;

y = 0;

width = 525;

height = 525;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2293;

y = 0;

width = 532;

height = 532;

}

--CDU_EXPORT

Your overall screen size should be (1768 + 525 + 532) so 2825x992 Try the numbers I noted in red.

I have to say those are some strange screen sizes you have going. :D

Edited by Sarge55
edit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Sweet, that looks good, I might have to get me some of those instead of using the second monitor...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone else having the same issue?

When I exported the MFD data with DCS VirtualCockpit Server (https://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html ) for the A-10, everything was right in place and crispy.

Switching to the Harrier, the MFCD displays on my 17" tft look a bit blurry and the left one is too far left, partly under the bezel of the monitor.

Is the .lua for the AV8BNA in a special folder?

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try today.

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Exported screens [...] when they are only exported to the separate monitors [...]

How do you export them only to the external monitors ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

You can do that by remarking out a line in the Viewporthandling.lua

Found here X:\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

Line 81, purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL,

Change to, purposes = {--render_purpose.GENERAL,

It does save some FPS I think, the only problem with this is it will not pass the IC if you fly online.

If anyone knows how to implement this and be able to pass the IC that would be awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]