Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

Thank you very much for all of your help :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

Many Thanx....outstanding product!!!!

TiGGs Sends

Deadlines..... I love the sound when they go whooshing by.....

Windows 10 Pro w WARTHOG HOTAS and Crosswinds MFG Pedals;

i7 9700 @ 3.8GHz, Asus, 16 GB RAM; NVidia GTX 2070 GDDR5x VRam11Gb; 500Gb SSD; Oculus Rift S and a partridge in a pear tree :punk:

Masterfully Executed

Your tutorials are helpful, so much so, while providing practical instruction they also inspire. Thank you for all you and your colleagues do to give back so that others might grow in the light you guys shed as you spread your wings ever closer to the sun!:pilotfly:

Varible Winds, A Good Pilot Makes

In your AV-8B Guide, page 74 - Part 5 - Takeoff

Rolling Vertical Takeoff - is the limit below 28000 lbs not to much - starting from the carrier?

Carrier Take Off is a STO (Short Take Off), not a rolling VTO.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In the NATOPS Manual and NAVAIR-00-80T-111 for Shipboard V/STOL Ops it isn't... see Chapter 8.1

EDIT: ...or a VTO, but that is pretty rare, as it reduces the payload even more.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In the NATOPS Manual and NAVAIR-00-80T-111 for Shipboard V/STOL Ops it isn't... see Chapter 8.1

EDIT: ...or a VTO, but that is pretty rare, as it reduces the payload even more.

Within the scope of a simulation like DCS I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that a RVTO can be performed from a ship, even if the NAVAIR says it is not a standard procedure. The example is meant to illustrate a runway length of 100 ft or less, not a detailed description of ship-borne operations. I could've done it on a grass strip in Normandy too...

The 28,000 lbs value seems a bit odd indeed, I'll have to double-check where I took that from.

Within the scope of a simulation like DCS I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that a RVTO can be performed from a ship, even if the NAVAIR says it is not a standard procedure. The example is meant to illustrate a runway length of 100 ft or less, not a detailed description of ship-borne operations. I could've done it on a grass strip in Normandy too...

The 28,000 lbs value seems a bit odd indeed, I'll have to double-check where I took that from.

Carrier deck usually has 450 to 500 ft plus, so there is likely no need to do a rolling VTO. As there is no procedure(!) for a carrier RVTO, I would assume they don't do it. If they have any reason to do RVTOs on carriers, there would be a procedure for the pilots and shipboard personnel, how to prepare and safely do it.

At least I never found any mentioning of a carrier RVTO in any of the documents available on the internet. Maybe some of our ex-marine community members can chime in and clarify? :dunno:

Shagrat

-I got rid of the AV-8B RVTO weight limit; no data supported this 28,000 lbs value

-I added a notice that the RVTO example is purely for illustrative purposes and does not reflect actual carrier operations. I refer the reader to the appropriate NAVAIR document for carrier procedures.

-I also updated the Mirage engine in-air relight procedure to better explain the effective airspeed range for proper windmilling during engine restart attempt.

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You Chuck... all these documents are simply amazing... :thumbup:

You have done an incredible work for DCS World and all simmers.

I've downloaded all documents and they are a must to have!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

• 2 weeks later...
No f-15c guide chuck?

http://www.mudspike.com/dcs-f-15c-combat-guide-for-beginners/

A close second...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 weeks later...

Says something about the value of your product. Congrats

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1