[NO CHANGE] FM changed?

razo+r

yea definatly somethin, same here. couldnt run away anymore in the same manner. also low speed turns, over 300 kph tended to get her jumpy way faster, turning isnt the same anymore.

had the same feeling on slow turns in the 109.

would be nice to hear something official on the matter.

Edited by rogonaut

FM hasnt changed, if you see any actual data you can share to show a change I will pass it a long.

1.5: stall speed at 2K m, about 160-150 kph

2.1 same conditions, stall speed at 2K m, about 180 kph

video will come soon

I think that already happend in 2.05 or earlier even, but for all modules. I always had a feeling like something was different in 2.0x compared to 1.56 as of late. To me it felt like we are higher than actually indicated.

But I could never put a finger on it, and just put it down as placebo.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• ED Team
1.5: stall speed at 2K m, about 160-150 kph

2.1 same conditions, stall speed at 2K m, about 180 kph

video will come soon

Dora with 4300 kg simply CAN NOT stall in clean condition at 155 kph. Never.

180-190 kph corresponds to its maximal lift.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Ok, I had an inaccuracy with the speeds in the first test.

Here I've mdae a video where i kept both of them at roughly the same altitude and released the stick at 170 kph, but in 2.1, she didn't recover as fast as in 1.5 https://youtu.be/2_IhNb2G7ek

Where I noted the most difference is in turning at lower (200-400kph) speeds. While in 1.5 I can easily pull the stick back without the cockpit shaking, in 2.1, my plane is shaking with less stick pulling and is then departing

• ED Team
Ok, I had an inaccuracy with the speeds in the first test.

Here I've mdae a video where i kept both of them at roughly the same altitude and released the stick at 170 kph, but in 2.1, she didn't recover as fast as in 1.5 https://youtu.be/2_IhNb2G7ek

Where I noted the most difference is in turning at lower (200-400kph) speeds. While in 1.5 I can easily pull the stick back without the cockpit shaking, in 2.1, my plane is shaking with less stick pulling and is then departing

Both version start shaking exactly at the same speed - at 200 kph. Then, you enter the planes into deep parachuting mode. The clear stall behaviour is at the left screen at 185-190 kph - you see VSI drop... though it's better watch CtrlY string for G, because its abrupt drop is a clear sign of stall.

So, if you see different behaviour in the post stall zone - it's not because of different FM but mainly it's your control inputs difference.

The best and the most accurate way is to export g, TAS, and AoA to plot a history.

Edited by Yo-Yo
  • Like 1

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Both version start shaking exactly at the same speed - at 200 kph. Then, you enter the planes into deep parachuting mode. The clear stall behaviour is at the left screen at 185-190 kph - you see VSI drop... though it's better watch CtrlY string for G, because its abrupt drop is a clear sign of stall.

So, if you see different behaviour in the post stall zone - it's not because of different FM but mainly it's your control inputs difference.

The best and the most accurate way is to export g, TAS, and AoA to plot a history.

Ok thanks, I'll try to get some better comparsions up with the goal creating identical scenarios as close as possible and see how things are going.

I haven't noticed any FM changes in the two warbirds I've flown so far. (Spitfire, 109).

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

What are the weather conditions settings when flying?

Are you guy's using one of the quick missions?

Temp: ?

Pressure:?

Wind: ?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I haven't noticed any FM changes in the two warbirds I've flown so far. (Spitfire, 109).

So, are you saying that the changes noted in Spitfire behaviour are down to 2.1 vs 1.5 and not changes in the FM?

(Sorry to move OT)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box