VKB T-Rudder Pedals - Review - Page 22 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 08:24 PM   #211
Simicro

Reputation power: 10
Simicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really nice

So overall I'm happy with the rudders

However, I did not say so far but the spring touching the tensioner screw pole causing the high pitch whining sound is very sad (not to say not acceptable) for such a high quality product (in its 4th generation?). Customers should not have to disassemble the device, and file the screw pole or remove it to solve the problem.

Obviously, there was a glitch on the series batch and a lack of quality control. I hope that this will be solved for future customers.

Regarding this problem, I sent an email last wednesday using the webform (Contact Us) of VKB Europe website... and so far no reply. Maybe the webform is not working properly or... wait and see? On the other side I must say that I ordered on a saturday and the product shipped on the same day.

Is there a representative of VKB Europe on this forum (just as rrohde for USA/Canada)?

By default (before assembly) one pedal is higher than the other and the same after assembly. Can I adjust the heights of each pedal so that they are the same?

. DCS 1.5.6 - My DCS Reviews and Articles: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign (New!)
. i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 16 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G - SSD 256 Gb - Win 7 x64 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - MS FFB2 modded / CH Fighterstick - VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV
. My deepest thanks to Devrim (Mi-8 English Cockpit), Mudspike (UH-1H Gauges Mod), Chuck (DCS Tutorial Library), SkateZilla (DCS Updater Guide), BIGNEWY (Cleanup and Repair DCS World)

Last edited by Simicro; 10-21-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Simicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:14 PM   #212
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Now that you say this I notice that mine (Mk.II) has ~0,5cm difference.

You can adjust this turning the turnbluckles, to be able to do this will be need remove that nuts that you need fit at start (1).

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentation...QuickGuide.pdf

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 10-21-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:01 PM   #213
Simicro

Simicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really nice

You are incredible and always here Sokol1_br

I appreciate.

Remove that nuts that you need fit at start (1): OK I understand that.

Regarding "turnbluckles", I'm not sure. Can you please take this picture and draw a red arrow on the turnbluckles?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vkb.png
Views:	20
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	170987  

. DCS 1.5.6 - My DCS Reviews and Articles: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign (New!)
. i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 16 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G - SSD 256 Gb - Win 7 x64 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - MS FFB2 modded / CH Fighterstick - VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV
. My deepest thanks to Devrim (Mi-8 English Cockpit), Mudspike (UH-1H Gauges Mod), Chuck (DCS Tutorial Library), SkateZilla (DCS Updater Guide), BIGNEWY (Cleanup and Repair DCS World)
Old 10-21-2017, 11:35 PM   #214
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

That pieces similar to this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...8613124837.jpg
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #215
Simicro

Many thanks!

I succeeded in equalizing more or less the heights of the pedals.

I tried to give you reputation points but the forum system won't let me to

Old 10-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #216
Simicro

For mates who have purchased the Mk-IV recently, be aware that it is NOT RECOMMENDED to calibrate the rudders with Windows > Devices and printers > Game controllers settings.

I did and it messed things up (I lost rudder centering) and I had to dig in the official forum to find that out... Really bad

In case it happens to you, you have to run the VKB config utility. It will detect automatically that changes have been done through Windows and will reset factory settings.

By the way, it is sad that there is no english manual for the VKB config utility

Old 10-23-2017, 07:38 AM   #217
AeroGator

Reputation power: 1
AeroGator will become famous soon enoughAeroGator will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simicro View Post
However
I will try to answer at least some points.
- For the pedals, you can use a special pedal utility; configurator is a bit of overkill.
You can find the utility here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pedals level.png
Views:	16
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	171074  

Last edited by AeroGator; 10-23-2017 at 09:43 AM.
AeroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #218
Simicro

Thank you Aerogator.

What about the whining sound on the production batch? I know at least 2 other guys who had the problem.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:02 AM   #219
AeroGator

AeroGator will become famous soon enoughAeroGator will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simicro View Post
whining sound
Does the strange sound remain after you replace springs? Try replacing them (just for the sake of experiment, even if you're happy with the springs you currently have) and use pedals for some short time. Is the sound still audible?
AeroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #220
Hoffster

Hoffster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGator View Post
Does the strange sound remain after you replace springs? Try replacing them (just for the sake of experiment, even if you're happy with the springs you currently have) and use pedals for some short time. Is the sound still audible?
I tested mine back and forth with all the springs, they all have contact with the "tensioner" metal on metal noise and marks.
Hoffster is offline   Reply With Quote