VKB T-Rudder Pedals - Review - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-25-2015, 09:58 PM   #11
Sergeiev

Reputation power: 5
Sergeiev is on a distinguished road

Thank you, but so far the default set up feels great.
Sergeiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:06 PM   #12
rrohde
Veteran

Reputation power: 31
rrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeiev View Post
Thank you, but so far the default set up feels great.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Old 12-31-2015, 05:45 AM   #13
Bourrinopathe

Reputation power: 9
Bourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really nice

Thanks for the thread and the guide, guys! (I'd +rep if I could )

If anyone need a procedure to update the firmware, here's how to do it:

The firmwares and the VKB Device Config software beta versions are available, >>> HERE <<<
(the stable versions are available from the FTP (firmwares))

You will need the Zbootloader-C.exe from the FTP.
  • Download the latest VKB Device Config software from the first post on this thread.
  • Download and extract the latest beta firmware (available beta firmwares)
  • Run the ZBootloader-C.exe and select the firmware (*.vkb)
  • Select your device in the Device Config software
  • Hit the "Bootloader" button in the Tools tab (the window will disappear and the bootloader will be ready to update the firmware)
  • Hit the "Flash It!" button in the Z-Bootloader
  • Once the process is finished, unplug your device and plug it back in.
  • The new version number will be displayed in the VKB Device Config software.

Please, keep in mind those are beta versions and some issues may occur. If you don't want to risk your current device configuration, wait for a stable release (FTP).

Last edited by Bourrinopathe; 01-18-2016 at 07:30 AM. Reason: updated
Bourrinopathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:00 AM   #14
Livers

Reputation power: 3
Livers is on a distinguished road

Received mine yesterday, unpacked and installed this morning. I flew the A10C for a couple of hours before I adjusted them to suit my feet better. Excellent product!

Dell T5500, Dual X5560 cpus, 72GB DDR3, Zotac GTX 980, Windows 10 Pro. TMWH throttle & stick. Dual Dell P1913 monitors. TrackIR 5 with UTC MkII Pro clip. VKB rudder pedals.
Livers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:15 AM   #15
rrohde
Veteran

rrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Bourrinopathe,

what's the benefit of updated firmware at this time? Just curious and wondering if it is worth it. My version is currently v1.67F.

PS: the link you provided (http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/download/file.php?id=3016) doesn't seem to exist anymore.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Old 12-31-2015, 07:16 AM   #16
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livers View Post
Received mine yesterday, unpacked and installed this morning. I flew the A10C for a couple of hours before I adjusted them to suit my feet better. Excellent product!
Nice.

Do you own any DCS helos? That's another dramatic improvement you'll notice with these pedals flying those.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #17
Bourrinopathe

Reputation power: 9
Bourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really nice

Ah, thanks rrohde. I've updated the post with the valid link.

One of the new features is the settings partial writing. When you choose to apply the new settings you can choose what you want (curves, axis calibration, etc.).
Also, you can calibrate a specific axis (check the "Partial Calibration" box in the settings tab).
A new skin management is included but I don't even know how to modify it ^^ (and don't need to, anyway)

I don't think you'd benefit from the new firmware at this time. It will probably become more interesting with the upcoming virtual brake axis software (and when you'll receive your BM).

I've just updated the firmwares and the software, and everything is fine with my T-Rudder and Black Mamba.

Last edited by Bourrinopathe; 12-31-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Bourrinopathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:10 AM   #18
rrohde
Veteran

Good to know! Thank you. I figured I'd wait until the virt toe-brakes become available then (hopefully soon) before I update the firmware.

Man, I cannot wait for my Mamba....

EDIT: Actually, I did update the firmware just now... why not; was easy enough - thanks to your step-by-step procedure above.

Last edited by rrohde; 12-31-2015 at 09:28 AM.
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:35 AM   #19
Livers

Reputation power: 3
Livers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Nice.

Do you own any DCS helos? That's another dramatic improvement you'll notice with these pedals flying those.
No choppers for me, just never had an interest in them.

Dell T5500, Dual X5560 cpus, 72GB DDR3, Zotac GTX 980, Windows 10 Pro. TMWH throttle & stick. Dual Dell P1913 monitors. TrackIR 5 with UTC MkII Pro clip. VKB rudder pedals.
Livers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:56 AM   #20
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Muffling the center spring "kiii kiii" sound.

Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote